Reviews for Bonanza - In for a Penny, In for a Pound
Mortuis1 chapter 3 . 1/5/2019
This story is absolutely fantastic. My house wondered if I'd lost my mind while I sat here alone with my computer laughing out loud. The point I lost it was:

"Ben, should we fetch the doctor?" [Marie] asked.

"Don't see what good it would do," Ben replied, rolling Adam up into a sitting position. "There's no cure for stupidity."

I had to walk away from the computer, to regain my control. OK. You're an instant favorite.

Grace to you -

Mort
wdjw chapter 4 . 9/22/2016
I loved this story so much ! I laughed so much that I didn't think I'd make it to the end...not to mention AdaM. You have a great sense of humor and you have a way with story telling as well. Thanks
one of my all time favorite stories is A House Divided...that's when I fell in love with your humor
C.C.Squirrel chapter 4 . 3/13/2016
This was a great story! It is good the boys were so drunk or the flight could have ended much worse. I think Ben's punishment of letting the natural consequences take effect was probably longer lasting than a belt to the behind. I think Adam got lucky on that as he easily could have had both! :-)
I love westerns with family themes and also write some. I'm eager to check out the other stories you have.
Daniela1981 chapter 4 . 11/3/2015
I just found this wonderful Story and woke up my roommate because i was giggling so much. I have not yet read your other stories but i think i will now. I loved how you wrote Adam and Ben. Ben was caring but strikt. I was sure Adam was getting a spanking. But even without a spanking i am sure Adam won't Drink so soon again.
Iluvlittlejosbro chapter 4 . 10/20/2015
Loved this story, the prequels are the best!
Jane Hudson chapter 4 . 10/19/2015
A great story of buys getting into mischief, had a great laugh at Adams expense, I could picture him suffering the effects of the alcohol and the subsequence mess.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/18/2015
Sarah this story has been a joy from beginning to end. I loved it. I hope you write more stories about the boys when they were young you have a great flare for comedy.
Some people write Ben and Marie as staunch disciplinarians and that's grand if that's how they see them but I loved your version of the couple. I know that Ben did tan the boys but I imagine in my own mind that it was a very last resort thing. I loved how he didn't go too hard on Adam considering Adam was so sick. Perants are human beings after all. Well done Sarah, great story
Guest chapter 4 . 10/18/2015
Chapter 4 couldn't compete with the hilarity of chapters 1-3; nonetheless it was a nice well written ending to a really fun story. I hope you'll consider penning another humorous "Bonanza" tale in the not too distant future.
prislynn chapter 4 . 10/19/2015
out a teenage Adam.
AureaD chapter 4 . 10/19/2015
Living through that 'next morning' was a good lesson for Adam. Your description of how he felt during the day was just right. Ben, I'm sure, must have done something similar in his youth, so would sympathise, but would never say so. I could just see him chuckling. Lovely chapter.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/16/2015
"Am I going to die pa"
Oh Adam, been there, done that, bought the T shirt lol
You have a great turn for humour, very impressed with this story so far. Glad Ben isn't going to spank him. I always imagined that Bens bark is worse than his bite.
Loved it when Ben tells him he will be punished enough and Adam doesn't know what he's talking about. Great story Pulitzar please keep writing
Guest chapter 3 . 10/16/2015
Oh, poor Adam - talk about learning the hard way :(
You have a real gift for writing a humorous tale and I can't wait to see what chapter 4 will bring :)
Guest chapter 3 . 10/15/2015
Ben is handling this so well! This was a great chapter.
JanJoy chapter 3 . 10/17/2015
Really well written story...I love Bonanza stories about when the boys were younger. Poor Adam! He will definitely not be drinking again for a very long time!
kathy.seffron chapter 3 . 10/17/2015
Terrific story, I wish it had been longer.