Reviews for Slow Arrow
I hope one day this story is continued. It's very entertaining. - Mikoto
Angelic Reaper13 chapter 20 . 8/31
Love it
Shilyn chapter 20 . 8/29
I quite enjoyed this. Solas always feels so poignant and in character in your story. Oh yes the Felassan irony! I can’t imagine how privately humiliated solas is to realize Felassan was right all along and Solas killed him for it. I relished the scene between Inky and Solas and that kiss. I’ve always loved that first kiss in their romance and how he just boom! Goes for the gold. And then denies it the next day when Inky Ian like “ I was lips you were tongue” and he’s like “no I wasn’t” no wonder he doesn’t lie outright most of the time, he’s terrible at it.
twinbuster2 chapter 20 . 8/27
Oh nice! Good job with the Heretic Sister! I'm so impressed with your perspective on Solas
Kahoko chapter 20 . 8/27
As usual, your take on the story is so interesting. Especially from Solas' pov which we have very little of in the game.
He is a tortured being, torn between his promise and duty to his people and his love and devotion to Tephra. It's heart-breaking when we all know how it ends. The amputation must have torn both of them appart.
Tephra is now moving with purpose, having accepted her duty too. Though her doubting herself with her beliefs on the gods is contradicting. Will she put the 2 and 2 together and reflect on why she was saved now that she's carrying the anchor when before all her calls went unanswered? Will she start blaming Fen'Harel too? It doesn't seem that way, but Solas hasn't seen the last of her curiosity on the matter. How long will he be able to keep on avoiding her questions?

Lovely first kiss, Solas being overwhelmed is fitting. And what a kiss! Tender and passionate.
So many regrets and love inside one single man. He's so smitten. It's adorable and angsty as hell. The future looks bleak, he more than anyone knows that. The character development is fitting. I love it I love it I love it!

I wonder why Tephra's not been in the Fade when she dreamt.
I am in awe on how you manage to keep everyone in character. From Dorian's wit to Madame de Fer's mannerism, Leliana and Cassandra's devotion... Brilliantly written.

Thank you for the amazing update!
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 19 . 8/17
Oh no! Not her ear!
Shilyn chapter 19 . 8/17
Shilyn here, don’t know if it tells you who is who when we aren’t logged in. I wondered if you’d do the hypothermia undressing and when I saw it I was like Oh snap, this is going down fast. I’ve heard that when searchers find discarded clothes in missing person biker cases and such where it’s cold they know it’s too late because when they get to that point it’s over. The dying scene was pretty riveting. I wasn’t sure if the spirit was really her brother at first or a demon masquerading because it seemed to guilt her. But at the end it seemed guileless so there’s that.

Also, dammit solas! That’s just for good measure.
Kahoko chapter 19 . 8/17
Thank you so much for this update! And what an eventful chapter!
I was worrying that you'd given up on this story, which made me unbearably sad, this is my favorite Solas/ Lavellan! I even created a Tephra on my last party because I missed it terribly!
You described Tephra's physical and emotional trouble so well, I could feel the pain. The way she'd followed a decayed version of Tern without question because she so longed for him. He's the person she wanted to be with when she crosses the Veil. Hear- wrenching, especially when faced with her survivor's guilt.
She d'lost her ear, symbol of her kind, and of her choice to leave her people behind in favor of her new family. She'll be reborn after surviving this trial. Her anger toward's the silent God was warranted to some extent. She called and called for someone to guide her as a child and now that she was ready to let go, he showed up. Though not his fault, she must have felt betrayed. It must have hurt Solas though.
I loved that Solas' heart won over his head, that in the end, Tephra's loss affected him much more than that of the Anchor. I also greatly appreciated his conversation with Varric. Yes, they should have let her go to their people, but destiny has a way to alter one's path.
Loved Dorian, he, just as Varric, is a sweetheart.

Thank you really, for your devotion to this story! You're my Dragon Age Inquisition canon! I hope you plan to keep on writing even after Trespasser, I so wish to see what you have in mind for those characters.
twinbuster2 chapter 19 . 8/17
I can't believe you updated! I'm so happy, you made my week! This was absolutely amazing, I enjoyed every bit, but the wolf parts the MOST.
How could I not?
Loving it
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 18 . 1/24
What an absolute delight this story has been! The characters a very well written and I love how you’ve adjusted the backstory of the inquisitor. I love how you’ve played the scenes, and the slow burn between Solas and Inky. I further adore how you’ve adjusted their interactions after she finds him in the future, and hopefully that’ll help convince him not to be a dick later and jack her arm.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Hey,

Wanted to say that I appreciate you making time to write this. It can be rough when you've got so much to do in life, so little time to do it, and finding time to write something that won't make you money can be far down the list of things to do.

This is the only Solas/Lavellan story I've found that is actually any good. You add characteristics and explain plot points that the game doesn't have time to focus on. In the game it feels like you go from saying saying nice things to each other, mostly in relation to protecting him, to all of a sudden kissing him in Skyhold. Then it goes from that to him calling you his heart. It feels rushed.

You have given them a chance to get to know each other, and to build their relationship up into a romantic one.

Again, thank you. And I hope you'll get time to continue this soon.

-Meowbeth
Lesan chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
There are no words. I have replayed DAI multiple times, but your nuanced evocation of each character's perspective has moved me to tears and laughter. I love the rebellion and duality of Tephra. This is the type of growth that you can't experience for the protagonist during game play. Also, your portrayal of Solas has given me further insight of his character. As flawed as he is known to be, it is good to see his inner struggle with his own convictions. Please, please update soon!
MeanE chapter 18 . 10/9/2017
I finally finished what you have left. And now I have nothing to read... It's nice to see how you had Tephra's companions not leave her at all (unlike the game...) despite her being a bit distanced. Please update soon, this is a great story and I want to see how it all plays out (especially with the suspicion she has about solas).
twinbuster2 chapter 14 . 9/17/2017
Just can't reconcile the fact that this doesn't have more rwviews