Reviews for Slow Arrow
Loving it
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 18 . 1/24
What an absolute delight this story has been! The characters a very well written and I love how you’ve adjusted the backstory of the inquisitor. I love how you’ve played the scenes, and the slow burn between Solas and Inky. I further adore how you’ve adjusted their interactions after she finds him in the future, and hopefully that’ll help convince him not to be a dick later and jack her arm.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Hey,

Wanted to say that I appreciate you making time to write this. It can be rough when you've got so much to do in life, so little time to do it, and finding time to write something that won't make you money can be far down the list of things to do.

This is the only Solas/Lavellan story I've found that is actually any good. You add characteristics and explain plot points that the game doesn't have time to focus on. In the game it feels like you go from saying saying nice things to each other, mostly in relation to protecting him, to all of a sudden kissing him in Skyhold. Then it goes from that to him calling you his heart. It feels rushed.

You have given them a chance to get to know each other, and to build their relationship up into a romantic one.

Again, thank you. And I hope you'll get time to continue this soon.

-Meowbeth
Lesan chapter 1 . 12/25/2017
There are no words. I have replayed DAI multiple times, but your nuanced evocation of each character's perspective has moved me to tears and laughter. I love the rebellion and duality of Tephra. This is the type of growth that you can't experience for the protagonist during game play. Also, your portrayal of Solas has given me further insight of his character. As flawed as he is known to be, it is good to see his inner struggle with his own convictions. Please, please update soon!
MeanE chapter 18 . 10/9/2017
I finally finished what you have left. And now I have nothing to read... It's nice to see how you had Tephra's companions not leave her at all (unlike the game...) despite her being a bit distanced. Please update soon, this is a great story and I want to see how it all plays out (especially with the suspicion she has about solas).
twinbuster2 chapter 14 . 9/17/2017
Just can't reconcile the fact that this doesn't have more rwviews
twinbuster2 chapter 14 . 9/14/2017
Please do update soon!
twinbuster2 chapter 15 . 9/14/2017
Killed a world. Unmade it. Poor poor "spoiler"
twinbuster2 chapter 16 . 9/14/2017
I like how she tries to bridge the gap between cultures but realistically acknowledges that the power structures are really unfair and she is just a figurehead. I also love how she defends the Dalish and her background because I find it difficult to believe you could love someone who detests your background. And she defends her people and faith and actively tries to mediate with Solas which is commendable and a true reflection of real life situations
twinbuster2 chapter 17 . 9/14/2017
I do enjoy the explanations that the game just glosses over or deliberately ignores. It kinda annoys me that this fic isn't more known. Very well written. Romance is heartbreaking and precisely what I imagined Solas to be feeling with his real unreal conundrum
twinbuster2 chapter 18 . 9/14/2017
Oh my god. Oh my god! Hands down, best realistic Solasmance ever! The OC is a little too much of the archetype but no other personality could have accomplished what she did. I do wish her flaws were more highlighted but as the story goes on, it really is unavoidable that they'll come out. seriously, well done. 10/10. You made me cry.
Mermut1 chapter 18 . 8/22/2017
It's been almost two years since you're last update, so I don't expect more (though I would be thrilled if you proved me wrong).
I have to say that I've enjoyed your story. The character reactions make sense and are moving. Your characterizations fit with the game but add more and flesh the characters out even more.

Thanks for the time and effort you've put into this story. I've enjoyed every chapter.
Guest chapter 18 . 8/9/2017
Next charter!...pretty please? Excelent quality in story telling, precise and detailed but not overly so. I never get bored reading this. Waiting the next chapter :)
Kaeghlighn chapter 18 . 8/9/2017
im... in love? with this fic? Tephra is great and full of so much righteous fury and I love her for it. And man oh man, it has been an absolutely delightful journey watching Solas fall in love with her – it is Very Good TM. and I mean... I'm a sucker for romance anyway, but watching Solas and Tephra gave me so many feelings? I grin and laugh and want to cry over them.

I'm so glad I found this fic, and I want to thank you for writing it! It's given me hours and hours of joy (and visceral fury and despair right alongside Tephra) and an appreciation for Solas I might not have had without reading Slow Arrow. So, thank you!
Fenora chapter 18 . 7/22/2017
Well, well, well.
I have always wondered why none of the companions stayed behind with Inquisitor or tried to help her in any way and she was just abandoned to face Corypheus on her own. It was a little unclear to me that they all simply... ran. Your description of the fight at the trebuchet shed some light upon this case so I'm really grateful :D
I love the relations between all the comrades. The scenes in the Chantry were so emotional... And Solavellan was so real ah :D I can't wait for Solas' POV in the next chapter. How shocked and terrified he must be!
I have know idea how you do this, but your sticking to canon makes this story sooo fascinating and epic as it extends understanding of the whole game. It's just... so refreshing and familiar at the same time. It provides me with totally new perspectives of scenes I have played through plenty of times. Wow this is so... wow.
I really enjoyed the scene with burning cabin and Audra - it was just so sweet that Mister Solas trusted Tephra on that and saved the little ones.. The way she keeps surprising and impressing him is lovely. And -as always - so are Solas' reflections referring to fragility and bravery of mortals. He still can learn so much from her!
As I expected, the chapter was perfect, totally and extremely wonderful. I hope that you will find a little time to carry on updating 'cause it keeps becoming more and more interesting.
I think I will play DAI tonight.