Reviews for The Marriage Market
ae2000x chapter 1 . 11/24/2019
oh ouch
ariolfo101 chapter 1 . 1/13/2018
Eight reviews. Eight MEASELY REVIEWS. You deserve a fire nation warship full with Zuko sitting on top for this gem! Loved every word of it! The insight into the fire nation marriage market was wonderfully realistic and sad, as you see all the business and profit that goes into these arranged marriages. Her own thought and half answers to her mother, that out of context are not suspicious but the readers all know she's talking about Zuko, that just seems like something Mai would do. The various suitors and all their different stories and personalities are marvelous, the effort put into them paid off. I'm so glad they got together in the end. Maiko is the best ship and it's never gonna sink!
RedRosesandMarigolds chapter 1 . 6/11/2017
Funny and heartbreaking at the same time. I also love the reference to the cabbage cart. "MY CABBAGES!"
Guest chapter 1 . 1/1/2017
This is great and all, but... categorized 'Humor'? Really? 'Angst', 'Family', 'Drama', or even 'Hurt/Comfort' may have been a better choice, at least in my opinion.

Good day-
Guest chapter 1 . 12/5/2016
I like your Maiko stories. Best ones I've read. This is a cool look in Mai's psyche.
Deborahpflover chapter 1 . 9/29/2016
Wow this is amazing. I could totally see this happening. You really have Mai down. A lot of people make her seem angry, creepy or mean, while she's just guarding her emotions for tons and tons of reasons. It's so bittersweet to read her still being in love with Zuko and just enduring everything in the vain hope he'll ever return. I do love that she's so smart about it, and so non-impressed with her parents and suiters. Your ending send chills up my spine too. That last sentence really hit me. Poor Mai...
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 7/13/2016
I love Mai being the independent woman and staying loyal to Zuko at the same time. And all the various dudes she meets are pretty funny.
Puff the Evil Dragon chapter 1 . 2/20/2016
Oh my gosh, this is beautiful. So much perfection. Awesome work. :)
MSG1000 chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
Wow, it's easy to forget with Mai's attitude how much Zuko being banished must have sucked. Very good story.
Private Fire chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
Poor Mai. She has to guard her emotions and weigh everything she says or risk disaster; and we're not even talking about when she is around Azula. Here, her parents prove that she cannot trust them with her pain or how she really feels. They do not see it and even when the idea creeps in, it is dismissed because it cannot be fathomed.