Reviews for The Waking Dream
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 11 . 2/19
Yay happy endings! The job of reintegrating Matthew into the land of the living isn't going to be easy, but yay everybody survived. I really enjoyed the Evelyn/Mary conversation.
Palindrome310 chapter 11 . 1/30
LIVING HURTS! Glad to see an update of the story.

I liked Evelyn advicing Mary not to be angry with Matthew and explaining his reasons, he is a nice guy (Isobel is already making a matchmaking plan) and they can have a sort of friendship.

So, they did end up in the field! *whispers "Vampire baby"*

Nice details: Matthew was the reason why raising livestock was unprofitable in Yorkshire, interesting considering one of the major plans in canon was buying pigs. Mary using the wires and making a rope to hang Isobel! Mary passed out and naked on the floor while Evelyn search for a blanket. I find that Mary checking her hair before going to Matthew is very accurate.

Awwww, they are together and alive! How on earth are they going to explain all this?

LIVING HURTS!

P.S: I'm still curious about the vampire that turned William. Is she/he out there?
cherryblossm chapter 11 . 1/28
I love it can wait for next chapter
ameliapemerson chapter 11 . 1/28
We will go home... I can't wait for the reunion with George. Of course he's already met his father! But it will be special for Matthew to hold him. And lots of explaining!
Apollo888 chapter 11 . 1/28
This was great. Matthew whinging like a child and Evelyn showing a spine to both Isobel and Mary was wonderful to read. I was actually quite done with Evelyn early on, but his character has evolved very nicely in the past few chapters. I still think he's a bit annoying, but it's more of a tolerable level of annoying. I hope there's still a bit more left in the story. I would enjoy seeing Matthew getting back into society and he and Mary making up for lost time.
lilyrowan1 chapter 11 . 1/28
I can just picture the change in Matthew's eyes. Sigh. Now how are they going to 'splain this?
cc71 chapter 11 . 1/28
Looking forward to how you will have them will 'return' home.
hillevi chapter 11 . 1/28
Lovely! Thank you for the update. Is this the end?
timeandpixiedust chapter 11 . 1/28
I love Evelyn and Mary's friendship here. They're all right! So glad everything is okay, although it's going to be interesting to see how they solve the issue of bringing Matthew back to the land of the living! Great chapter!
Camilla10 chapter 11 . 1/28
All is well, then?
This story is such good fun to read! Every update makes me so happy. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, so we can see how they explain Matthew's return from the dead!
ameliapemerson chapter 10 . 12/28/2016
The twinging in fear line...I'd have killed for him to have actually said that in canon...just sayin'
ameliapemerson chapter 8 . 12/28/2016
Ok...I'm fully invested now...
ameliapemerson chapter 7 . 12/28/2016
Oh..emm...gee... Mary!
ameliapemerson chapter 6 . 12/28/2016
The plot thickens. Love the inclusion of Evelyn...underused in canon. We can disagree on Matthew's soldiering...lol. I can see why unleashing him would be a problem.