Reviews for Rising Stars and Full Circles
SdaTheArtist chapter 2 . 2/11
Oh man, it's almost been two years since I've left that review, and I forgot nearly everything about this fic and I need to start over from the beginning. Ah well. Better late than never, as the saying goes.

I apparently already left my thoughts on the prologue, and after a reread of the prologue and my review on it, I'm still confident to say that my thoughts still mostly apply. Nothing's changed much, as I have yet to advance through the story!

With that said, here are my initial thoughts and reader reactions for Chapter 1.

There's plenty of stuff happening story-wise despite the plot up to this point basically boiling down to "Rei and Ayame became partners and have moved in together in their new home for the upcoming school year." Rei has a very good relationship with his family, especially with Annie, and maybe Cori, which contrasts with Ayame's apparent disdain for her brother. That doesn't mean Rei does not have his issues with his family at all; I've actually noticed in the dialogue exchange between Rei and Vayne that the latter was "surprised [Rei's] mom didn't try to lock [him] in [his] room," and the implication that I can derive from that is of Maka doting rather heavily on her children. I wouldn't be surprised if Rei had personal issues with her mother treating him like a little kid, even though he's going to become a DWMA student, and subsequently a killer, moreso if this becomes a major point for his character development later on. After all, based on what little I can glean from Rei's personality up to this point, I wouldn't see it implausible if holds feelings of wanting to be taken seriously because of Maka's doting on him and his sisters.

(The reason I am not so sure on Cori's relationship with Rei is because of this tidbit:

"The whole time he [Rei] talked, Cori was a silent presence at his side, her mouth pulled into a tight line."

That, to me, somehow, carries the implication that Cori may have some animosity towards Annie, since I've noticed that Annie really loves her brother, but since that line was preceded by this:

"'Come on, Annie,' Cori was saying. 'Come on. Don't you wanna come see Rei's house?'"

Then it's far more probable I'm just overthinking this detail. I don't entirely understand why my reaction to Cori standing there is silent animosity; something is tipping me off here, but I don't trust my intuition unless the fic shows me otherwise. It's probably best to take what I say here with a grain of salt, especially since you wrote Rising Stars And Full Circles, FD, and know what's going to happen.)

For Ayame, well, I don't know what her family situation is with Tsubaki and Black*Star, but I can definitely tell that her relationship with her brother is not great―even moreso when Ayame had inherited all the Weapon forms in the Nakatsukasa Clan. Now, what's preventing me from thinking that Ayame's troubles will play out almost exactly like Tsubaki's relationship with Masamune is her reaction to Vayne's appearance, as well as this line when read with a particularly different perspective:

"'Of course it's amazing,' said Ayame. 'It's me, isn't it? Don't worry, Rei. I'm going to make you a top-notch meister in no time.'"

Reading that line with the previous information in mind, this, to me, alone tells me that Ayame may have some kind of inferiority complex going on down the road. It doesn't help that she's apparently on bad terms with her brother, and possesses all of the Nakatsukasa Clan's Weapon forms, and since Tsubaki didn't had a great relationship with Masamune either I think it's more than reasonable to assume that the sibling rivalry plot-line will happen with Ayame and her brother. Only―and this is an educated guess―Ayame hates having her Weapon forms and is not good terms with her brother because, well, Ayame doesn't feel like she deserves to have the Weapon forms and that her brother is a far better fit than her; perhaps Ayame is even jealous of her brother?

I'm getting into speculation territory at this point, but I think there's something to be said about Ayame having an inferiority complex later down the line―a direct contrast with her father's rather boastful and egotistical personality back in his hey-day. After all, Ayame's negative reaction to being introduced to Vayne as "one of [Rei's] best friends" is what tipped me off to her potential troubles. I think there is plenty of good foreshadowing being planted down here, and I would like to see where the fic is going to take me next.

The bit where Cori innocently asks if Rei and Ayame are going to get married. It was cute and funny, but on the other hand I hope they actually don't. I mean, I'd prefer to see a heterosexual male-female relationship ultimately go platonic for once, especially if they're main characters, in an age where such truly platonic relationships between heterosexual people are rare in fiction. Still, in real life I can understand if good, straight friends of the opposite sexes don't consider taking their friendship beyond something else because they genuinely enjoy each other's company. Not saying I would stop reading Rising Stars And Full Circles if Rei/Ayame did become a recognized pairing later down the pairing, because that's just petty!, it'll just be a very minor disappointment. And if that pairing did happen, ah well, at least the ride will (hopefully) be enjoyable.

So yeah, plenty of foreshadowing of Rei and Ayame's potential troubles down the road. I have a few minor nitpicks with this chapter ("DeathStation 4?" I feel this is rather silly and should've been changed to just PlayStation 4 instead, but that's just me), but they don't really detract from the content of Chapter 1 at all; they're mostly just subjective observations. Although, from technical standpoint, while I didn't notice and SPaG errors, I did notice a few complex sentences that read awkwardly and would be served better if rewritten properly:

"He [Soul] scowled, one hand on the doorknob as he watched Maka crouch over the living room phone from where she was kneeling on the couch, one hand cupped around the mouthpiece to muffle the sound of her voice as she spoke into it."

"He [Rei] sat in the middle even though it was uncomfortable, because Annie was leaning against him like she didn't want to let go and Cori was looking out the window already, pretending not to look at him, and he didn't want to let her sit alone."

I still have far more ground to cover in the coming chapters, so I look forward to reading the rest of Rising Stars And Full Circles, FD.

-Sda.
G chapter 52 . 5/19/2017
Nice twist, making Cori a lesbian.
Spagna Conquistador chapter 52 . 1/1/2017
Korea LOL OMG YOU ARE SUCH AN AMAZING WRITE I LOVE THIS
Spagna Conquistador chapter 43 . 12/28/2016
Unlimited Blade Works huh? I swear Ive head of it before. is it from Fate/Zero?
Spagna Conquistador chapter 40 . 12/28/2016
That Omake was so hilarious!
Spagna Conquistador chapter 19 . 12/17/2016
OMG YOU USED ERZA'S THEMES?! OMG I LOVE YOU (not really...) YOURE SO AMAZING.
fanficlove2014 chapter 52 . 10/28/2016
That was fabulous! Absolutely pure gold! I loved everything about this chapter and you did a great job! Seriously. From Annie and Cori finding their "partners" to Bright Star figuring out his was a girl! I would love to follow this kids around in another story! You did great work with this story and you should be proud of it! Thanks for writing!
fanficlove2014 chapter 51 . 10/28/2016
Oh my gosh! That was absolutely perfect! This chapter was beyond amazing! You did a fantastic job! I love what you did with Crona and getting Annie and Cori involved! I am surprised that Bright Star didn't end up in there though ;) Scary kid someday indeed XD On to the epilogue!
fanficlove2014 chapter 50 . 10/28/2016
Intense chapter! There's so much happening! I'm glad you added the little bit of fun at the end with the kids and the omake ;) lightened the intensity a bit. Great job!
Magykool chapter 52 . 10/24/2016
I finally got to reviewing! I loved how it ended, Crona certainly has grown from the shy person they once were.

And...Ahahaha! Silly Cori, she didn't plan for the unexpected. I hope things work out for her in the future.
Bright Star is hilarious, how on earth did he walk all that way?! I really need to read the manga's end instead of stopping at the anime. I feel a few more things will be explained to me there.

Good job on the story! This was the kind of Soul Eater fanfiction I was looking for! :)
Arcane Student chapter 52 . 10/19/2016
For this, not just this chapter, but the entire story, I offer you both great applause and thanks. This is easily one of the best stories I have read. You have done great work on this, and it was a pleasure to witness.
If you are tired of writing, I highly recommend you take a break. Burnout is a terrible thing, and it's good to rest.
Once again, congratulations on finishing this story, and thank you for sharing it with us all.
paisthea chapter 52 . 10/17/2016
Okay so that entire ending was just pure... win. I love it so much and I love this story so much and I just feel like crying from how perfect it all is! My huge detailed review was already posted, so I'll just settle for gushing mentally about how amazing the epilogue was. Ahhh!
Mineemo chapter 52 . 10/17/2016
I have to know. That thing there, Cori is into that Minerva chick right? Just makimng sure I understand cause that qould be pretty rad. And Bright's weapon is a girl? Also just making sure. That omake qas hilarioous tho. Why are they in Krorea?
This fic has been more than a great read, to me ts been an expirience. One I was estatic for you to take me on. This has been an amazing journey and I cant wait to read more of your works. You are an amazing writer. Never give up!
Sincerely- Mineemo.
Wisteria chapter 52 . 10/16/2016
THIS WAS AMAZING! I LOVE YOU! The epilogue was amazing, and the omake! That was funny. Love it. The charcters that you created as their partners are AWESOME. Ans Bright Star that little devil. I dont doubt that he would walk from South Africa all the way to Nevada. LOVE IT! And for the last time, Buh-bye! Wisteria
Dickard chapter 52 . 10/16/2016
So if you aren't really wanting to commit to another long Soul Eater story, PLEASE WRITE A SHORT ONE ABOUT THE THING WITH CORI AT THE END! Please don't just drop that bomb and leave it! I should also say that I liked this story and its original characters.