Reviews for Details in the Fabric
Good fic.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2018
Perfect last line
She was here to unpack

Kate back home with Rick where she belongs, always

Bob chapter 1 . 3/9/2018
Season 8 and beckett were a complete cluster fuck
TheFlutteryButterfly chapter 1 . 2/27/2016
Nice one ;-)
dopeysac chapter 1 . 10/27/2015
Yes! I loves that last one! Time to unpack!
Chelypdj chapter 1 . 10/21/2015
Aww so sweet
life's a mystery chapter 1 . 10/21/2015
awhh you can feel Kate's longing to be back with Rick despite her reasons to stay away and fix the problems to keep her family safe
jstar1382 chapter 1 . 10/20/2015
OMG. I don't know how I missed this the other day, but it is so sweet! xoxo. I love it!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/20/2015
...thank you for your always beautiful and powerful words...so much hope and love. I wish you were writing Season 8...
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 10/20/2015
I so need your words right now. Can't wait to catch up on the couple of things you've just posted.

It's been three days since she had walked out and her heart is still throbbing with the large crack she's made, the jagged edges infected, pumping guilt and grief through her veins. She misses her husband. - This is heartbreaking. I love the wording though.

Now, the Tribeca apartment was to serve as her temporary haven once more. Though, it felt like anything but sanctuary. - There's a part of me that wants to scream no at this, but also a part that would absolutely love to see it. Especially in her old place. She fell in love there and now she's alone and it's so beautiful and angsty!

Her flesh and bones yearn for a good, long bath, but she won't allow herself that luxury. Punishing herself, Burke would probably call it, disciplining herself in the only way she currently can. - I do this. It's kind of brilliant you put it into words.

She slips the large t-shirt over her head before she can think about it, draws the collar to her nose and hums at the lingering scent of his aftershave. - I love that you wrote this before the episode aired, but it's still so dead on.

"It's not much and don't feel obligated to wear any of it, of course," he had told her with an oddly shy expression claiming his face while his body swayed, nervously shifting from foot to foot. "But I thought… well, you need pajamas, right?" He had shrugged, so sheepish and adorable and causing her heart to flutter in all of the worst and most wonderful ways. "Oh, and here's a spare toothbrush." - OMG. Give me this version of them too.

"Stealing m'shirts?" The duffel hanging from her arm nearly flies to the floor when she spins, her heart pounding ridiculously hard, but it's only Castle, watching her with soft, sleepy eyes that flutter with the struggle to stay open. "S'okay, Kate. Take them." - So. Clenchy.

The I love yous are so heartbreaking.

next time she comes home, her duffel slung over her shoulder, a small stack of his t-shirts are already arranged on her side of the closet, waiting for her, but she doesn't need them. - BUT THE FACT THAT HE DOES THIS. Ughhhhhh. My heart.
philliesfan1000 chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
So many good details in this (I just realized that I'm playing with your title, unintentionally). The hole in the t-shirt through which Castle usually bites her in foreplay. The history of that shirt and the time she spends dwelling on her memories of it. Sneaking in to steal more of his shirts to always have a piece of him in which to clothe her body, and him giving of himself freely: "Take them." Her inability to resist coming close to him, while he takes hold of her - both a nonverbal "I love you" and an attempt to keep her there. Soothing him back to sleep and their exchange of spoken "I love you"s. The open offer of the piece of himself that his shirts, stacked and waiting for her, represent. Clearly, and naturally, he is content that she wants to keep him close in this small way.

And the happy ending, which gives us nothing of the reunion nor of the story of how she came to return, but tells us the essential: that she is back to stay, home where she belongs.

Thank you.
Maryrose1123 chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
Lovely story. Great ending.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
:'( you ruin me. such a beautiful story
EllaNight chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
I love this! I hope we get something to that extent in the show somehow! Beautifully written as always!
conservativegirl chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
Awwww I love this! Awesome story, I totally think she packed some of his shirts in her duffel too :)
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »