Reviews for The Catalyst
Guest chapter 25 . 5/29/2023
Really like how you took time looping as you can’t redo, and show a false reality, only issue I can see is they get together too easy P3I right away I suppose
mistalenny chapter 17 . 11/6/2021
fuck dude I want Shinji to return to the post-third impact Asuka but I also really like the dynamic he has with this Asuka too
mistalenny chapter 16 . 11/6/2021
fuck I feel bad for Asuka
skyf0x chapter 1 . 3/8/2021
I like how you build the main plot of your stories. It is always interesting and exciting to read.

But there is a big problem, from my point of view. And it is in each your multi-chapter story I've read on this site (Catalyst, Hand Cannot Erase/You Must Not Run Away, Human Equation), except Division Bell where this problem doesn't occured in my mind because of time skip, I guess. So sorry for my decision to write about it in only one review to this story, I just don't want to repeat myself.
The problem is relationship between Asuka and Shinji. Don't get me wrong, I'm fan of AsuShin, I kinda like how they interact each other in your stories when they ALREADY in romantic relationship. But HOW they start to love/like each other - this is the moment why I'm so confused. It's too quickly! Especially after such global events in their lifes as Third Impact(s) and events that lead them to it in NGE/Rebuilds! It seems like you just force them for it after all suffers and disasters in their hearts, lifes and souls without any understandable character development. They start to hold their hands/sleep together in embraces/have sex/think about love just after few hours or days of their previous lifes where they were so messed up with all. It just doesn't make any sense for me, I think they can't be so confident in their feelings so early without any awkward and despair attempts to understand the events of the past between them. Yes, you show some drama when they are already in love, but it's not the same the one which should take place before they can properly make a move forward to one another.

I hope I'm not rude, you can really write good stories. The first person narration was great attempt to show more depth of feelings of the characters, It was cool to read. But you still need to do something with the character development. Anyway, thank you for your wok, peace
Marcus chapter 25 . 12/26/2020
You did a great job with this story! While your oneshot stories are my favorites, i really enjoyed this one. Hope you keep writing.
Guest chapter 25 . 8/22/2020
Interesting fic. I love it!
Calborghete chapter 25 . 5/8/2020
Hello budy, how are you? Dude, I liked your story, I liked the depth, congratulations :-)
willcraftNEX chapter 16 . 10/24/2019
wait, is shinji making his ideal reality in his head, then will make it happen in real life with the power of the final angel?
UberVenkman chapter 25 . 9/9/2019
Well congrats. Of most of the post-3I fanfics I've found, this is definitely one of the best. Nitpick, though, I really, *really* wish you'd done a little more proofreading on this, there are a lot of little mistakes here and there that really put me in danger of not wanting to continue this, but you have a strong narrative voice that really kept me engaged regardless.
Steve chapter 25 . 12/7/2018
I have no fucking idea what the hell happend.

Even more confusing that original so... good job?
BigSkeez0195 chapter 25 . 7/27/2018
As with all your other stories this was also a beautifully written piece!
K.T.Waterflower chapter 25 . 5/27/2018
Wow this story throw me informed a loop, at first I thought the romance at the beginning was a little rush then you step up and throw in a twist and then another twist after that and have a great well developed plot. The characters were really cool too. The romance between the two are adorable but Asuka's ego is unbearable even when it got a big beating thoughout this story, I honestly can't see why she still have this big ego saying she mainly save the world and cost the end of it. Also I would have loved it if Kaji could have somehow made it too and hole the others could have made it too. Maybe they will one day. Anyway, I loved how you ended the story in a similar way of how you started, kinda poetic that way. Good job.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 25 . 2/8/2017
This was an amazing story I loved the twists of turns and I loved that Shinji and Asuka's coming together as it was really believable and its not instant it still takes them a while to work through there differences. Also post End Of Evangelion is a really hard topic to write about because there's so much bad stuff that has happened before and in human instrumentality and the ending of the film to me has always felt deeply melancholy. So its so wonderful to read a story that turns it around and gives you so much hope for the future.
Ranma-sensei chapter 25 . 12/25/2016
Interesting and captivating concept you have there. I find it a little... inconsistent in terms of jumping between scenes, but that doesn't really distract from the whole, so it's fine.

Keep narrating,
Ranma-sensei
TheINFERNO95 chapter 25 . 10/3/2016
This not a post 3IP fic, this is a fic made by a angry bitter loser who wants to rewrite the series cause they can,t accept how bad things ended for their fav characters and their stupid shipping never turn out the way they wanted it too. You all need to put on your big boy pant, big girl pant, accept and move the fuck on that Eva is not a damn Disney cartoon. Shinji is and will always be a piece of shit.