Reviews for The Catalyst
willcraftNEX chapter 16 . 10/24
wait, is shinji making his ideal reality in his head, then will make it happen in real life with the power of the final angel?
UberVenkman chapter 25 . 9/9
Well congrats. Of most of the post-3I fanfics I've found, this is definitely one of the best. Nitpick, though, I really, *really* wish you'd done a little more proofreading on this, there are a lot of little mistakes here and there that really put me in danger of not wanting to continue this, but you have a strong narrative voice that really kept me engaged regardless.
Steve chapter 25 . 12/7/2018
I have no fucking idea what the hell happend.

Even more confusing that original so... good job?
BigSkeez0195 chapter 25 . 7/27/2018
As with all your other stories this was also a beautifully written piece!
K.T.Waterflower chapter 25 . 5/27/2018
Wow this story throw me informed a loop, at first I thought the romance at the beginning was a little rush then you step up and throw in a twist and then another twist after that and have a great well developed plot. The characters were really cool too. The romance between the two are adorable but Asuka's ego is unbearable even when it got a big beating thoughout this story, I honestly can't see why she still have this big ego saying she mainly save the world and cost the end of it. Also I would have loved it if Kaji could have somehow made it too and hole the others could have made it too. Maybe they will one day. Anyway, I loved how you ended the story in a similar way of how you started, kinda poetic that way. Good job.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 25 . 2/8/2017
This was an amazing story I loved the twists of turns and I loved that Shinji and Asuka's coming together as it was really believable and its not instant it still takes them a while to work through there differences. Also post End Of Evangelion is a really hard topic to write about because there's so much bad stuff that has happened before and in human instrumentality and the ending of the film to me has always felt deeply melancholy. So its so wonderful to read a story that turns it around and gives you so much hope for the future.
Ranma-sensei chapter 25 . 12/25/2016
Interesting and captivating concept you have there. I find it a little... inconsistent in terms of jumping between scenes, but that doesn't really distract from the whole, so it's fine.

Keep narrating,
Ranma-sensei
TheINFERNO95 chapter 25 . 10/3/2016
This not a post 3IP fic, this is a fic made by a angry bitter loser who wants to rewrite the series cause they can,t accept how bad things ended for their fav characters and their stupid shipping never turn out the way they wanted it too. You all need to put on your big boy pant, big girl pant, accept and move the fuck on that Eva is not a damn Disney cartoon. Shinji is and will always be a piece of shit.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 25 . 8/14/2016
First and foremost, that was a fantastic story. I really loved the ending, and that last line was phenomenal! Secondly, I liked how you wrapped everything up and explained some of the dynamics with your angel's multiverse. Thirdly, I think you wrote the characters' extremely well, and really delved into their psychological problems. Very well done, sir!

P.S. I hope you weren't kidding about revisiting this world at a later date. I think you could have one hell of a sequel with the snippets you mentioned toward the end.

P.P.S. Did I mention how good this was? I can't quite remember...

P.P.P.S. If I didn't say how good this was, let me just say it one more, final time, this was a fantastic story!
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 23 . 8/14/2016
Hmm, a redo of the battle that killed Asuka, except this time, Shinji actually helps out? A very good change, while still leaving pleanty of kickassness between the two. Also a great callback to episode 9 of the series.

All in all a very well done chapter! _
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 22 . 8/14/2016
Wow. Temporal Paradox?! Merging realities? Rei and Kaworu? This is the best chapter yet.

If I really review this thoroughly, I'll give away too much plot, so I'll just say this again: Excellent job sir! I can't wait to see the what I assume is an epic conclusion to this story.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 21 . 8/14/2016
Wow, this chapter was intense. Are we still in instrumentality, or pre-instrumentality, or what? Is Shinji really even in a coma?

Also the ending, made me have a feeling and tear up, so very well done, that takes a special moment to that to me. I can't wait to read the conclusion.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 18 . 8/14/2016
I keep saying it because it's true, what an excellent chapter. Well, the Angel coma angle is a nice touch. Those little things you keep slipping into the story are making It very interesting. I wonder other surprises this story has left to tell.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 16 . 8/14/2016
Ok, I love the fact you're switching between Shinji's coma and the reality of the story. It really adds a dynamic that not many people try, and you're succeeding at it quite well, and intertwining enough of both stories to chow that they are happening concurrently. Very well done, can't wait to read more.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 14 . 8/13/2016
Coma story. Well sir, this story does not cease to amaze me. Well done so far!