Reviews for The Catalyst
TheINFERNO95 chapter 25 . 10/3/2016
This not a post 3IP fic, this is a fic made by a angry bitter loser who wants to rewrite the series cause they can,t accept how bad things ended for their fav characters and their stupid shipping never turn out the way they wanted it too. You all need to put on your big boy pant, big girl pant, accept and move the fuck on that Eva is not a damn Disney cartoon. Shinji is and will always be a piece of shit.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 25 . 8/14/2016
First and foremost, that was a fantastic story. I really loved the ending, and that last line was phenomenal! Secondly, I liked how you wrapped everything up and explained some of the dynamics with your angel's multiverse. Thirdly, I think you wrote the characters' extremely well, and really delved into their psychological problems. Very well done, sir!

P.S. I hope you weren't kidding about revisiting this world at a later date. I think you could have one hell of a sequel with the snippets you mentioned toward the end.

P.P.S. Did I mention how good this was? I can't quite remember...

P.P.P.S. If I didn't say how good this was, let me just say it one more, final time, this was a fantastic story!
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 23 . 8/14/2016
Hmm, a redo of the battle that killed Asuka, except this time, Shinji actually helps out? A very good change, while still leaving pleanty of kickassness between the two. Also a great callback to episode 9 of the series.

All in all a very well done chapter! _
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 22 . 8/14/2016
Wow. Temporal Paradox?! Merging realities? Rei and Kaworu? This is the best chapter yet.

If I really review this thoroughly, I'll give away too much plot, so I'll just say this again: Excellent job sir! I can't wait to see the what I assume is an epic conclusion to this story.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 21 . 8/14/2016
Wow, this chapter was intense. Are we still in instrumentality, or pre-instrumentality, or what? Is Shinji really even in a coma?

Also the ending, made me have a feeling and tear up, so very well done, that takes a special moment to that to me. I can't wait to read the conclusion.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 18 . 8/14/2016
I keep saying it because it's true, what an excellent chapter. Well, the Angel coma angle is a nice touch. Those little things you keep slipping into the story are making It very interesting. I wonder other surprises this story has left to tell.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 16 . 8/14/2016
Ok, I love the fact you're switching between Shinji's coma and the reality of the story. It really adds a dynamic that not many people try, and you're succeeding at it quite well, and intertwining enough of both stories to chow that they are happening concurrently. Very well done, can't wait to read more.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 14 . 8/13/2016
Coma story. Well sir, this story does not cease to amaze me. Well done so far!
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 13 . 8/13/2016
Excellent chapter sir!

Shinji and Asuka love redux. Toji not crippled, looks like Shinji's going to make the world a better place.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 12 . 8/13/2016
Great plot twist! Never saw it coming. And now Shinji's going for broke with Asuka and trying to fix his father? This story keeps getting better and better.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 11 . 8/13/2016
The last few chapters have been pretty great. Very well written, with lots of surprises.

Oh, how I love plot twists. First Kaji had formed a secret organization, and made his sister the head of it. And now, whatever happened at the end of this chapter, I can't wait to find out what it is. Maybe a gunshot, maybe not.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 9 . 8/12/2016
Aww, they both said I love you. I love it when that happens.

I have to say that massive underground complex, the one I forgot to mention in a prior review, is just a massively gaudy structure, and of course fits in quite well to the super elitism shown (or at least hinted at) in the series. I can see why Fuyutsuki is disgusted by it due to its opulence.

Also that radio exchange, and the helicopter heading for Tokyo-3, they are so boned.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 8 . 8/12/2016
The "Time to sin before dawn..." heading? Good use of for shadowing there, and kudos for not making them consummate their relationship until chapter 8. I'm guessing the condoms were the box she didn't allow Shinji to see when they broke into that supermarket. Very sneaky Ms. Soryu.

Overall, fantastic chapter. I'm glad you made Rei be the one to point out to Asuka that she had to go back to be with Shinji so he wouldn't be alone.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 7 . 8/12/2016
Fuyutsuki! I like this choice of characters to bring back first. the background of what happened in the lead up to the War of the Angels, and Shinji's reaction is of course expected, but still quite sad. I really like that Asuka was worried about him.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 6 . 8/12/2016
A documentary on Penguins? Why did you have to make think about Pen-Pen? That's adorable! _

Also, Shinji's aversion to stealing anything out of necessity is so him. Well, not the DVD player per say, but I get Asuka's idea about entertainment. Also the first person perspective is unique, I must say, is quite interesting, and very well done.
117 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »