Reviews for The Catalyst
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 5 . 8/12/2016
Wow, great chapter, Asuka breaking down after seeing her scared body, she goes out to Shinji and makes him look at her nude body. She wanted to know if she was still Asuka, which was a pretty interesting existential crisis. I like that Shinji covered her up and then told her he loved her. I also like that at the end of the chapter, she has finally forgiven Shinji for everything he's done, in part because of the things she's done.

Overall the idea that Shinji feels a lot of guilt, and its made him sickly is great. What he did to Asuka in the hospital in EoE, not saving her from the MP EVAs, and initiating 3I, he feels responsible for all of it, even though he was led that way by his father, and it was made his purpose, like Rei's purpose was to assist in 3I. I also like Asuka blaming herself for telling Shinji to actually start 3I.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 3 . 8/12/2016
I liked the nightmare scene, it was very good scene, with Asuka's reaction to Shinji on top of her trying to wake her up, and her being able to fall asleep without having any nightmares while next him is also a good touch. I also like that Asuka admits her hypocrisy at calling Shinji a pervert, and having perverted thoughts about him. Can't wait to read more.
DarkBluePhoenix chapter 2 . 8/12/2016
So far so good. I love post EoE fics because they are so diverse. I like the way this story is shaping up. I like how Asuka's reluctance to discuss anything to do with the events of EoE. She's protecting him to get his confidence back up, which is really sweet, can't wait to see more.
Lordban chapter 25 . 5/18/2016
A very nice piece of work.
gorgeousshutin chapter 25 . 5/2/2016
At last I’ve finished the Catalyst.

This is, in a way, a story about choices; choices made by the Eva characters, and the differences these choices can make.

I, for one, am very grateful towards you, dear author, for choosing to again get back into fanfiction.

It’s not everyday that one can find well-written, multi-chapter Eva fanfics that also gets to be finished. You have since given us no less than 3 completed epics that I know of. For lack of a more fitting shout-out considering our fandom: Congratutions, Progdor! That is a huge accomplishment, of which you totally deserve to be proud.

I want to talk about the “Seele-controlled, alt-universe Angel” concept here. It is very well thought-out, making it clear just how much work you’ve been putting into this. This effective plot device –- and I do mean plot device in the positive sense of the word - allows you to play with the intricate multiple realities with a stunning efficiency seldom seen in fanfic. Despite the sheer intricacy of it all, everything is well-explained; the reader is kept intrigued but never lost. Just brilliant story planning all and all.

And the characterizations . . . you write everyone well - the main couple especially so - but I’m sure you know that already.

Have enjoyed, am thankful. Totally looking towards more NGE works from you down the road. All the best!
Isabel Nightray chapter 25 . 4/29/2016
I had so many problems to read this, for some reason it wasn't possible on my android app, but i got here now in my PC and i have finally read it.
I am beyong impress, as always your emotional core and your action writting habilities make for some incredible piece.
I loved every chapter, and i will look forward to reading more from you on this wonderful pair and this wonderful fandom, eva is not easy, but you make it look efortless.
Crazy Redwood chapter 25 . 4/8/2016
Thank you for writing such a wonderful story. It was a wonderful rollercoaster ride. You managed to stay true to the original story and characters while changing them in ways that were very believable. I'm definitely going to refer this to my Eva-living friends, and even some who don't like anime, because it's just such a great story. Thanks again for writing it.
TripleF chapter 25 . 4/5/2016
So, this really was all a story just to get Shinji and Asuka hooked up? Nice, nothing like averting Apocalypse version 2.0 to make people grow some (censored) and admit their feelings.
It's a beautiful day and the world is about to end and I want to say I love you.
XD
(just kidding)

Generally speaking, it's a good story. All picking up in a sneaky way, hints here and there for the sharp to cut through, so to say. Personally, this work might just be a tiny bit too stretched for a single (main) plot (?), but I can't complain about the development of the characters and said plot. Rebecca seemed to have a bit too much of attention, and it seemed to me that everybody else that came back besides the 2 pilots (3) was redundant and more like just a plug to fill a particular plot hole. (even though I admit I might very well be entirely wrong on this)
Also, the final fight between Asuka and the Angel felt a bit understated, though of course there was no reason to make it more epic.
I definitely enjoyed reading this, and I'll probably go through it again a few months from now, when any memory I have of it is fuzzy, in order to get a better feel of it.
(but mostly to have fun reading it again!)
Congratulations for writing and finishing this story, and thank you for sharing it. :-)
TheDeltaGears chapter 25 . 4/4/2016
I really love the depth and character you brought out in this story. While I hate to see this story end, it ended on a good note. Please continue to write more fics.
SPDudley chapter 25 . 4/4/2016
Excellent story, thanks very much for bringing this.
I like the twists in the story in general, it did keep me guessing a lot and there were some good surprises overall. There's a lot of "Peggy Sue" type of stories for EVA fan fiction but this is one of the better ones.
Also, I though the introspective of the characters was pretty good, especially getting into Asuka's head. A bit WAFFy but I think that's allowable.
On the whole a good story and well-written and smooth, look forward to seeing more of these.
James Birdsong chapter 25 . 4/1/2016
Thanks for the three chapters.
justsomerealguy chapter 25 . 4/1/2016
Disregard my last review. The stupid app showed this being completed but hadn't updated the last chapter. Needless to say I was confused.
Great story! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it along with Human Equation. Maybe you could do Post-3.33 Evangelion sometime? Not really interested in the Rebuild movies themselves but I do like fanfiction on them.
justsomerealguy chapter 24 . 4/1/2016
Wait what? This is complete now? That can't be the end of it.
Christopher chapter 25 . 3/31/2016
Good story I really enjoyed this one.
Starfire99 chapter 25 . 3/31/2016
I know some people only read stories when they are complete, so you might want to mark this story as "Complete" as it may get you some more readers.
117 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »