Reviews for If We Would But Use Our Words
Shikamaru's babygirl chapter 1 . 5/14/2017
This was amazing. A great story. At first...I understood. And I continued to understand. But then I got so angry! Like Josephine. It was starting to feel toxic. It's such a broken relationship, really. They could've spoken so many times. But this story was really good, yeah? When you had Leliana bare herself at the end, that was beautiful. She's my favorite character in Inquisition. You really worked on her closed off character marvelously. You made me so angry, I loved it. That's what I look for in a story: to feel what the characters feel. And Josephine herself also made me annoyed at some point too; I was getting tired of the game they were having with each other. But it made reading the end all the more enjoyable. Favorite, favorite, favorite!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/19/2017
Seriously loved it and I adored the couple!
DasOvertaker chapter 1 . 1/10/2017
That was awesome man the romance and angst was so angsty my heart was pounding 11/10 would angst again

That was so good
Ot chapter 1 . 1/10/2017
100000/10 would read again and recommend

My favorite part was when Leliana pulled out another box. I was half expecting her to pull out a third box too so It was funny

The angst was some good angst lemme tell you my heart was racing

The part where Josie fights the assassination was hella rad man 100000/10
Korderoo chapter 1 . 10/25/2015
I really think it's closer to the latter but even better. Leliana was damaged. Sometimes she acted cruel because of that but I think Josephine made an effort to meet her where she was and give her space. She pushed back when it was needed and she did not let her off the hook without expectation.

I think this story is absolutely beautiful. I would be super excited to read more in this same universe and see how things evolved after this point, too.

Really well written, thank you!
Snafu1000 chapter 1 . 10/21/2015
This was just lovely, and I think that you hit your target squarely. I didn't really see the abusive aspect, because I know Leliana's backstory so well. The way that she kept reaching out, needing, then pulling away, was heartbreaking, as was Josephine's yearning and frustration. So glad you helped them find a happy ending!
Raven Sinead chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
This is probably not going to my long, typical crazy review. However, I did want to say that I enjoyed this piece immensely. As you said, it did border on some subject matter that some might have found somewhat disturbing. What I don't think you may have seen is that there is a third way to perceive this that you didn't mention in your closing author's note. And that third portion is this. Loving someone for who they are. Yes, the way Leliana behaved in this could be construed as abusive. But Josephine did all that she did out of love. She didn't remain in love because of Leliana's actions or behaviors, but because she listened to her heart. She loved Leliana as much as she could, as best she could. While that sort of hope, that sort of faith in the heart can leave one very much open to abuse, there is also a great blessing in this world for people who are willing to risk the pain of their heart being broken. It is a blessing not many people experience, but Josephine did. When I read this, I didn't see Josephine basing her actions off of what Leliana said and did. She based her actions on her *own* heart and mind. That, to me, completely cuts out the very notion that this could be read as a "Just give them time and they'll change" fic. Because you're smart enough to know that's not really a thing. At least not most of the time :)
magekin chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
This is so beautiful, I adore reading Leliana fiction.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
This was amazing, very well written. I like angst so I was kinda hoping for a sad ending, but this one is good too. Keep up the good work.
Hatter243 chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
That was a really good read. Thank you for that. There are very few Josie/Leli fics.
Kateriel79 chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
Wow! I really loved this! Truly. My heart was pounding in places, especially the part where Leli storms into Josie's office, "I need you." It was such a slow build, then burned hot, then settled into comfortable warmth. This was really great. Thank you for writing it!