Reviews for The Bedside Reflections of Bell Gamgee
Maaret chapter 10 . 3/17
One of the BEST fics ever!
VintageRose chapter 3 . 4/18/2012
this story is so good! i'm reading it for the second time and thought I had better review it ;) hope you write more, i love frodo stories. :D Amazing

ps. please read the first 2 chapters of my story Lake Rannoch ... still got lots too write though
Tallis Keeton chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
I like this story. I liked Bell a lot. I've read it 2 or 3 times.

But btw "heated cups". I've survived only thanks to this treatment when I was sick with pneumonia having less than 1 year old. When the doctors in hospital could not give me more antibiotics becouse I was too weak and there werent many places to insert the medicine, becouse my hands and legs were too much punctured by needles. So my father have given me this (it was very popular for generations) and it was allowed by my doctor. she has known about this and she proposed it herself. Of course the bloodletting is not good for many cases - for a few of them it is , like too high pressure of blodd in brain or something but in 99% the medieval bloodletting was deadly procedure. The heated cups are entirely other thing - not to be mistake for bloodletting.
TheDeathChamber chapter 10 . 11/29/2010
Fantastic.

I've never much cared for original characters in fanfiction, and Bell Gamgee is one in all but name. But you've done a magnificent job in creating a very believable character, and one most endearing at that.

Your writing is superb.
songsora chapter 10 . 12/10/2009
This was one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever read. Published literature and fanfiction alike! I adore the characterization and it's obvious you put much thought and care into shaping each one, from Frodo all the way down to Bell, whom we sadly know nothing about! The metaphors, the backstories and the attention you give to minor details are absolutely wonderful and, dare I say it, rare in fanfiction.

If I may be so bold to say it, you shouldn't be wasting your time with fanfiction! You should be published! :)

Well done on this little treasure of yours!
Larner chapter 10 . 9/18/2008
Oh, dear-I, too, gave Frodo pneumonia that first fall in Bag End. We all seem to do it, don't we? Although I had Bell sick at the same time, not fully recovering.

Lovely tale, and well worth discovering now. Don't think I read it before, although it is possible! This was a wonderful look at Frodo coming to terms with his life in Bag End.
Larner chapter 9 . 9/18/2008
A bit frail, then. Love the relationship already growing between the two of them.
Larner chapter 8 . 9/18/2008
They both needed for him to come home, of course.
Larner chapter 7 . 9/18/2008
Gandalf and Primula. The pale lady-Galadriel is more likely, but the description sounds like Eowyn. And Smeagol and Sauron search...
Larner chapter 6 . 9/18/2008
While Sam might well be the best thing for Frodo. And he already has felt the Eye upon him. Poor lad.
Larner chapter 5 . 9/18/2008
The memories are awful. I can easily see him being ragged on in this way, and love Esmeralda's care for him.

Then the pneumonia's back, and more foreshadowing. Poor lad!
Larner chapter 4 . 9/18/2008
If I idn't know past the story I'd be weeping also.
Larner chapter 3 . 9/18/2008
Foreshadowing of the Sammath Naur. And she ties it to the fever.
Larner chapter 2 . 9/18/2008
Ah, our Sam and his love of beauty! He and his mother recognize the beauty in Frodo. And the girls are silly as some girls that age are. Glad she spoke to them!
Larner chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
I don't know if you are still receiving emails. Lindelea suggested I'd like this story, so am reading it on her recommendation. So far I like it a good deal.