Reviews for Reunited
Loves History chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
I actually have tears in my eyes!

That was such an emotional read, really and truly. I felt as if I was standing there watching it all happen, and my heart was breaking. I could almost hear that gentle whisper; "William..."

It was so bitter sweet, but in the end, his death brought him happiness again as he was able to go and be with his beloved once more...

Brilliant, I LOVED it!
Gene's Gal chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
OMG, what a sad story! Made me cry! How tragic and ever so moving. You captured the final moments of Tavington so perfectly that it was jaw-dropping. Added to faves, now I'm off to wipe my tears with dozens of tissues!
otherrealmwriter chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
This is cute and tragicly beautiful. Nice work.
EternalOctoberNight chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
yet again a well done story I enjoyed reading this the ending was sweet I could see that happening
ZukoLuver chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
That was wonderful! Thank you for finally giving a good ending to the movie. If i can think Tavington is happy...well, i might be able to bear his death a little better. -dramatic sniffle-

Yes! You absolutely MUST write about their past!

And dont worry she's not a Mary Sue.

I like(god how morbind is this going to sound?)how you made his death longer so his life kinda flashed before his eyes. In all truth, he wouldnt be able to breath "a labored, thin wheeze" (though i do like how that is written) technically, he would have choked to death on his own blood within a matter of seconds (lovely topic, neigh?) but i only know that because I am a geek. (and a hopeless romantic!)

So Bravo. Brava! Write more because i DO want to read it!
Nessarose chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
This isn't a Mary-Sue! It doesn't revolve around Katie- it's about poor Will's death and the way I see it, it offers us kind of what must be going through his mind at the time of his death. I thought this was beautiful in its simplicity! Well done!
ashleigh16 chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
As a professional writer, I find this to be one of the better written fan fic pieces. The description of how it must feel to be impaled on a bayonet is quite good, particularly Tavington's shock and growing detachment as he is dying. I don't regard this as a "Mary Sue" sort of story, nor is it necessarily out of character for Tavington. After all, he's dying, and it would make sense that an earlier loss might have made him bitter. Nice story!
Jo51 chapter 1 . 4/11/2003
I rarely write a review, actually, never...but this "Reunited", and it's author, deserve a salute! I cried when I read this, it is wonderful. This author is so creative; the vignette is so well thought out and so visual. I can picture Tav, the shock and wonder on his beautiful face as he sees his love, Katie, reaches for her and passes into the next world. Breathtaking! Kudos to this author, I tip my helmet to you.

In reading several other reviews of this story I thought I must also add that I was angered to see one particular review. In this case I beleive the old maxim is appropriate: 'Children should be seen and not heard', especially when they know not of what they speak.
Gul Melset chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Normally I am not a fan of Mary Sue stories, but this vignette in no way exaggerated emotions, but was a lovely little piece that had me reread it more than once.

I, for myself, could find no reason to present a review which I would only term as profoundly immature and needlessly vulgar. If that is the manner by which the reviewer "wins 'em all", I fear she may only be winning by default, as I, personally, would never lower myself to such a level.

To the writer of the vignette, ignore that one comment and be proud of what you have written.
Blitzen chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
What a lovely idea! I can only hope some such wonder awaited our hero in his last moments :-)
Seabiscuit chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
Someday I hope Jason Isaacs reads all of these Mary Sues and pukes. I wouldn't blame him if he did.I sure might.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 1 . 3/21/2003
Well, it was only the courtship that was secret, not the entire relationship. Once Will and Katie were safely married, they no longer kept their relationship a secret. Hmm, perhaps I will one day write a backstory about their relationship - thanks for giving me the idea.
La Guera chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Well, this was brief and to the point. Some very nice imagery, especially the part where he reached out to her at the end.

One question, though. If their relationship was a secret, how did he manage to be at the tragic birth/death? Was she hiding out with him somewhere?

Otherwise, nicely done.
Portia Marlowe chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
I like it, kind of reminds me of my Tav fic "Untitled." Could I ask you one tiny favor? Could you please please please read/review (or flame as you see necessary) my story "Constancy"?

Thanks!