Reviews for In A Flash
verkisto chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Lovely.
Jess chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Sugar, you gave me the link for this so long ago and I don't even know why I didn't read it as soon as I saw the link. But I'm going back through my inbox trying to catch up on stuff, and there it was, so I read it. It has been forever since I was interested in the Firefly fandom, but I might have to go searching for more now. ;) You really don't give yourself enough credit. You say you're not a writer, but you got Jayne's voice down absolutely PERFECTLY, and you captured a moment in their relationship that I think anyone anywhere can identify with in some shape or form. If there was anything at all I could say to make you try writing more often, I would say it in a heartbeat.
Verheiden chapter 1 . 11/5/2004
That was the first Firefly fanfic I've read, and it was amazing. It provided some real insight into Jayne's character, and I'd always been suspicious about Jayne making those comments at the table, obviously jealous of Simon, his anger at Dobson, willing to kill Book. And, of course, those five seconds of Jayne staring in at Kaylee as Simon patched her up.

Those five seconds said so much, more, even, then what Joss Whedon said on his commentary.

'Well, Jayne clearly has a little crush on Kaylee'

Damn straight. You got to the depth of Jayne's character. Short 'n sweet.

Does anyone know where I might find a fanfic where Jayne is harbouring a crush over Kaylee before she finds out? If anyone does, just post here again, I would really appreciate it.

10/10
kwizten chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
love it, but couldn't you continue? EVERY firefly fic is a one-shot, which is sad.
gammara chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Gosh, great job with Jayne's voice! I could conjure up him saying everything.
This was a very enjoyable fic.
Glacier-to-be chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
very powerful.
Ash chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Really good!
Innie chapter 1 . 5/13/2003
Damn, this is your first fic? Well, not to be too corny, but you had me from "And he supposed he was hers too." Yay! Jayne is so good in this story: not just believable in terms of what has been shown on screen, but somehow also better than that, so everybody who worships him (myself included) is satisfied. When _Serenity_ first aired, how many times did I rewind to make sure those were Jayne's legs visible behind Kaylee when she's shot? How much time did I spend imagining why they entered together? It's so nice to know someone else was similarly occupied!
ThatGirlIsabel chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
I thought I was the only one who wanted to bust Simon's ass for taking his sweet time with Kaylee. As for the Fed, niiiiiice 'n slow, a beating with the nearest leaf spring or torque wrench, perhaps. Zoe I can forgive, if only for the line, "You let her die and you won't make it to the Feds." And Book? He needed a good swift kick in the ass, plain and simple, I actually grinned when he got himself knocked out. Haven't been fond of him since Serenity's airing. Who could forget that nasty grin that took over Jayne's face when he saw the Fed after Mal had shot him? Perfection.

I love your portrayal of Jayne in this; it's dead on. I can actually picture him flinging a testicularly bruised Dobson into the room with all his might. Your fic provides a damn lot of insight into Jayne's character, and even if I ain't one for 'shippyness, I still dug the whole gorram thing. Shiny.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
Just wanted to say that although I've been a fan of the show since Day 1, this is the first Firefly fanfic I've ever read, and I'm... just blown away. I swear, up till now I never thought of Jayne and Kaylee together in anything but a Big-Annoying-Brother-n-Spunky-Little-Sister relationship, but now... Damn, it's so obvious! And this is really, really good writing; crawled right into Jayne's skull and let us peek through his eyes. Bravo!
Adam chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
Nice story. I always like reading the Jayne/ Kaylee fanfics, mainly because they're my two favorite characters on the show. I don't think you needed them to be that close (The fics where Jayne just has a crush on her are fine by me), but it was well written. It also provides a great explanation for why Jayne was so dead-set on killing the Fed, and why he was crouched outside the infrimary, gazing forlornly at her through the window. Good job, hopefully you could make some sequels dealing with the other episodes!
Effervescence chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
Ooh, this was really good. It's the first Jayne/Kaylee fic I've read, and you've made me want to read more. Good description...just good overall.

Great job!
Dr. Doom1 chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
Good voice for Jayne, but not flawless writing. Good effort.
LJC chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
Excellent work! I can completely see this as being part of the show-and you did a great job with Jayne's "voice." Kaylee too. Can't wait to see more stories form you!
jess chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
That was amazing. I'm so glad some one else out there had the same idea I did during the two hour pilot, and I'm even happier that some one wrote it out, and so well too. You really did a wonderful job with this. The voice was perfect. Dead on. I love it.