Reviews for Memories and Promises
yoeman.prince chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
That's really good.
Melchy chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
It was great Robin, as always. I did feel that your transition between the past and the present was a little rough though-it took me a minute to realize you had shifted gears.

Thanks
Black-Rain chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
Loved it. Just so sweet

Danielle Smiley-Face chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
That was a great extension on the toaster memory! I really wish it wasn't the only part, I enjoyed your writing.

Thanks, Danielle :-)
Karen T chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
"So they'd found a house with a fireplace. Which had actually been easy- apparently a lot of people in California liked fireplaces."

Hee, you know why I'm smiling about that, right? ;)

Well, as you already know, I love this story because it highlights and then expands upon just how much Jack and Laura cared for each other in the past, and how these feelings still linger between Jack and Irina today. Definitely nobody writes Jack/Laura (Irina) better than you do, my dear. Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
Oh, I so loved this. That surely had to be exactly how the toaster scene played out.
laras-dice chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
Oooooh, Robin, WOW.

This is instantly my favorite J/I story. Or, I guess, it's mostly J/L. But anyway, I lurve it.

Number one, it's hot. But it's so much more than that. You nail the situation (for some reason, I really loved the line, "With the exaggerated care of someone who was not yet drunk but was well on his way, Jack made his way into the kitchen.").

The irony in this is beautiful, and you absolutely nail it...the secrets the reader knows Laura is keeping, Jack's feelings toward his wife...just done so well. And then to get the end, with that perspective everyone has on the situation, all those years later...just wow.

You took that one scene and just expanded on it in an amazing manner. This makes me want to jump on the J/I ship and sail away. Hee.

-Lara
Kris chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
Oh, great googly moogly. Just when I think I'm in for a long J/I dry spell (*snork*) I find another great fic. Wow. Thanks for that look back to the 'toaster' incident. It's just exactly how I imagine it happened. ;)
Jenai chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
Wheeee! Robin, it is still very hot regardless of smut or not