Reviews for Summer of Bonding
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 6/18/2019
Why didn't Snape just pick up his ingredients while he was at the apothecary since the owls weren't getting through? You would think Hedwig could get through, anyway.

Whangs head against the wall thinking of Albus seeing Dr. Doolittle...

Oh, dear, I think Harry has just learned how to Apparate...will he end up on the roof somewhere, or just home?
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 6/18/2019
Of course Snape is going to buy Harry underwear and decent clothes (he's probably surprised that Harry hasn't been ragged half to death for having Dudley's hand-me-downs). And of course he's never going to be reimbursed for any extra expense by Dumbledore or the Ministry, because Snape is supposed to do everything and never get anything back.

No wonder the wards come down around Harry at the house-Snape's acting like a dad, because parents don't ever expect to be paid back.

I love how he talks about Lily, and er well, sorry about the spider there, Harry...perhaps he should tell Snape how he feels about spiders?
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 6/17/2019
Ok, someone is interfering with the owls. And Severus is a ferocious collector.

Harry is having a good time, for once, and Albus just can't possibly tell anyone something outright...
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 6/17/2019
Well, how lovely of Albus to tell Severus that his life will be forever devoted to Lily. (If I were Snape, I'd do my best to chat up someone nice just to spite him, frankly).

I bet you can see Fudge's bowler from space.

And Harry is about to go exploring and possibly discover the closest crack house. Whee!
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 6/17/2019
Well, Snape is certainly learning a lot of things that Dumbledore didn't tell him...and about Harry, whose life at the Dursleys was clearly not as idyllic as perhaps Snape thought.

So, Fudge is showing up?
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 6/17/2019
I can see why Harry is terrified, things are moving very quickly today, and Apparation is not his friend.

Although once he gets used to it, he might prefer to jot down notes about an essay and then do it-he might be properly surprised how much easier essays are to write when you have some clue about what you're going to say. (Hermione already knows this, but alas doesn't know how to trim herself down yet).
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 6/17/2019
Yes, Snape is thisclose to fainting when he hears that Harry wants to do a real essay, and not just throw words at parchment. But Harry will probably be fairly pleased to find out that he's really going to get to eat this summer, as well as not be closed up in that cupboard. (though I do look forward to hearing talk about how bathing is going to occur).
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 6/17/2019
Ok, both of them are making assumptions about each other (and Snape is desperately trying to avoid dealing with Harry at all).

Oh, for the day when they actually use their words...
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 6/16/2019
Oh, dear, this isn't starting off very well...
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 6/16/2019
Yup-the Dursleys are gone (one has to wonder if they collect any 'pay' for when Harry is at Hogwarts).

I don't blame Harry for not liking outhouses (I have had my own experience with Forest Service shacks, which are surprisingly similar).

And Dumbledore, as ever, is ever so accurate. Why do I feel that he's going to dump the whole problem on Snape? (after all, that's what everybody does, right?).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/16/2019
Very good start-and I'm sure the Dursleys are just fine and decided to abandon Harry.

I don't blame Harry for not liking Spinners End, it being a slum dwelling and all, but I think once he finds the bathroom he'll discover it's better than Privet Drive.
Musikrulesok chapter 26 . 6/14/2019
Haha I loved the last line. I love how it's been a slowburn up to Harry considering Spinners End home and getting closer with Snape. Thanks for updating :D I can't wait for the next chapter!
leggylover03 chapter 26 . 6/12/2019
Wonderful! now update soon!
jully123 chapter 26 . 6/12/2019
I loved that last sentence. I let out a really inelegant snort when I read it while snickering. I really like how humanizing you made Snape. It will be interesting to see how their dynamics change if at all when they get back to Hogwarts. Will he still be living in Snape's quarters of will he go back to living in the tower? At least until term starts anyways. Thanks for the read.
projektrevolution20 chapter 26 . 6/12/2019
Awwww so cute. Love this. Love everything about this.
344 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »