Reviews for Chuck Versus The Fork
jpwood chapter 4 . 8/20
excellent tie in story
Deathzbreath chapter 4 . 3/5
This was a great story thank you for writing it!
baldcoder chapter 4 . 5/31/2016
Great addition to the "Chuck vs the Crosswalk". Very well done! Great job capturing their emotions!
resaw chapter 4 . 3/14/2016
Disappointment, anger, jealousy: Chuck, we were all right there with you.

The great thing about reading Chuck instead of watching Chuck is that thanks to thoughtful writers like yourself, we are invited into Chuck's mind, into what's going on in his heart. Although, yes, it is "angsty," I really like to read these pieces that explore what's going on in Chuck's mind. Especially, because we can recall elements from canon that you are providing a further interpretation of.

That return to the present in this story is powerful. Sarah's tears, and words, followed by Chuck's own emotional response. I think you are hitting the notes just right.

"Cutlery": a Canadianism (and a Britishism, too). Of course, it makes sense to me, but I suspect that an American reader might suggest that Chuck would more likely say silverware or flatware.

"All of them had...helped to bring her back from the brink." I think that this is very true to canon, and says clearly that Sarah's journey was as significant as was Chuck's, and in some ways even more compelling. Just as you conclude: "After a lifetime of wandering, Sarah Walker has found her home."

Well done! Thank you.
resaw chapter 3 . 3/13/2016
Galaxy Quest! Nice.

"It was so easy to read your emotions, to see your relief... ...you were no longer hiding..." The dialogue that proceeds from here is such a delight to read. This is THE ISSUE after all; it was always Sarah's guardedness that enabled her to keep Chuck from getting in too close. Even though Fork and Crosswalk are all about this firm decision on Sarah's part to to allow herself to be vulnerable, to declare to Chuck that, "I'm ready," this sort of conversation is the kind of thing that can't help but warm the heart of a Chuck fan rooting for the two of them to "make it."

Another thoroughly enjoyable chapter! (although I never really found Top Gun worth watching) ;-)
Thank you.
resaw chapter 2 . 3/11/2016
This is before Sarah's assignment with Chuck, right, so her antipathy toward brunettes predated her exposure to Lou and Jill. Even with the best of intentions those women were doomed to fail in a relationship with Chuck if Sarah had anything to do with it!

Carlos Charles Chuck. Even in her cover world before she met Chuck, she was destined to be marry a man named Charles (or some variation).

Costa is a creep, but your description of him through Sarah's thoughts gives the reader a detailed picture of the man.

The "lead of her backup team": Bryce?

Bradley Pittfield! Oh yes. I remember the name of that smarmy jerk. It is interesting to me that the thing he recognizes about Sarah is her "slightly imperfect front teeth." From the standards I am used to, her teeth look just fine to me, but I suppose that they are not as perfect as one might expect from in the mouth of a young actor. I seem to recall on some of the fan sites that people would actually comment negatively about Sarah's (Yvonne's) teeth.

And there you go: a revolution quelled with a fork!

I like the way you explore Sarah's psychological state while she was undercover: the lack of a real connection, of any real conversations, the burden of her job. It highlights even more the breath of fresh air that is Chuck.

Another great chapter!
resaw chapter 1 . 3/10/2016
I like it that you have the little detail of Chuck inquiring as to why Cassandra is wearing Robert's badge. Her explanation is ludicrous to anyone but herself, apparently. Equally ludicrous are her order taking skills... "What kind of cheese...?" Yikes!

Now, the use of the word "girlfriend" was an interesting one, and the fact that its use is significant enough to be a topic of discussion is interesting in itself. I suppose that Chuck had called Sarah that multiple times "for the cover" in the past, but this is the first time it was real, thus the slight hesitation on his part. Even so, given they had declared their love to each other earlier that same day, one would think that "girlfriend" would not necessarily be that profound a word. Yet, I like it, and I like the image you are conjuring up with your words here. I can see it all!

"It frightens her a little, to know how much power this gives her over him." Yes, seeking forgiveness does make the requester vulnerable, but I'd say the situation is mutual. Chuck's request for forgiveness is powerfully disarming, and thus invites Sarah to make herself vulnerable as well.

"I just didn't know she meant a vulture." LOL.

The dialogue between them, concerning the red bikini and how it brought her back to the red dress and her desire to be complimented by Chuck, is really well done. It feels real to me, consistent with the Chuck and Sarah known by the TV series, but obviously, for Sarah, it reflects the later Sarah, the woman who let her guard down once and for all for Chuck.

Good stuff! Thank you.
jbear1974 chapter 4 . 2/5/2016
Thank you! Loved the story. I really enjoyed the CROSSWALK and this story expanded the CROSSWALK. I because a CHUCK fan because of the storyline between the two main characters. I really liked to the battles they had to fight to become a couple. Your storyline strengthen this bond and I really appreciated your insight in the characters. I need to stop in order to read your other stories.
phathead01 chapter 4 . 1/2/2016
AMAZING! I just spent the last few hours consuming everything you've written here and am impressed and very thankful that I found your writing. I hope you continue!
phathead01 chapter 2 . 1/2/2016
Excellent chapter. Love the back story!
phathead01 chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
Fantastic! So glad I don't have to wait to read the next chapter
michaelfmx chapter 4 . 11/2/2015
Really enjoyed this story and it is going right to my favorites to sit next to Crosswalk. This story has really explored both Chuck's and Sarah's emotions as they have found themselves very suddenly in a relationship that neither of them expected.

And what a fantastic ending line. You could not have found a better way to summarize Sarah. Very well done.

I understand the need for a break. I hope we hear back from you in the near future.

Good luck.
Grayroc chapter 4 . 11/2/2015
Thank you for this very nice addition to Crosswalk. I'm a big fan of your writing, so hope that
your Muse will inspire you to pen another story. I am happy to wait for quality writing, so take the time you need... but do write again.

Cheers,
caryr chapter 4 . 11/1/2015
Very good story with a well written ending. You need to keep writing as you are good at it and it seems that you also enjoy it. Thanks.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/31/2015
I was going to jokingly suggest after chapter 2 that there should probably be some back story about the fork itself. Perhaps a love interest with a spoon. :-)

By making Chuck Sarah's fork, this issue has been taken care of.

Bravo! Well done.