Reviews for A Horse For the Force
Leicontis chapter 23 . 3/3/2020
The Unknown Regions, eh? Could it be that Mitth'raw'nuruodo will be entering the game early?

I find it a bit odd that the CIS are committing war crimes right out of the gate. Later on, after the war has had time to escalate and both sides' attitudes to harden, sure, but I'd expect Sidious to not want either side to have such an obvious moral high ground as the Republic just gained. After all, scourging a planet is already an atrocity, but one that had openly declared their neutrality? That could end up having effects similar to the destruction of Alderaan, driving many people and even systems to switch sides over to the Republic. Of course, Sidious could counter-move by ordering CIS worlds scourged in retaliation (or having a catspaw do so to keep his hands apparently clean), escalating the war more rapidly and aggressively.
SarahTaylorTam chapter 23 . 3/3/2020
Another great chapter, the spread of Ranma's techniques coming back to bite them on the behind. Can't wait to see what is to come.
Greatazuredragon chapter 23 . 3/2/2020
Great chapter, keep up the good work.
Black Magic99 chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
what? no battle on geonosis? But, But, But...
Lord Mortensen chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
Awesome! please update it soon!
Rune Tobor chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
At some time the senators who are most corrupt need to die.
Them and all the others who helped the sith, even if they did it unknowingly.

War Crimes.

And PLEASE Kill Coruscant.

The planet is dead anyway, it does not have an ecology.
No plants to turn carbon dioxide back to oxygen...

I suggest one of palpys puppets going insane and turning on him.
Guest chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
Nice looking forward for next chapter
Guest chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
Quite the excitement! We are indeed getting heavily into the grand battles, and nothing seems to be going well for poor Sidious - I hestitate to wonder how to maintain him as a credible (and well-written) threat when more and more of the Galaxy seems to fall merrily in love with Ranma! Indeed, much of the threat seems abstract, and we have only the Sith and Confederacy to name for it - meanwhile we have so many allies to name, that despite any numbers it still seems the Jedi have the advantage!
Perhaps then, not all is at is seems with our allies. Dooku raises a question for Bulq, and the threat of a resurgent Mandalore is noted too!
I look forward to another million (or two) words, where I'm sure you'll have much time to develop disasters (and not pull a Disney!)
Keep at it!
WearyCurmudgeon chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
- Plot hole
*I was given this before his death by Master Tholme. He and I had many a discussion before his death."*

Vs.

*But he was not even in the temple at the moment. Instead, he was once more working with his former Master, Tholme. *

So is Tholme dead or alive?

- Butterflies
Well, Mon Mothma's death is definitely one that'll have an impact, considering her later ties to the Rebels.

Anakin's revelation about the Dark Side and parentage could be another major turning point.

Same goes for the Veil disruption, although that could conceivably be fixed by Sidious and co.

And lastly the unveiling of Bulq as an actual Sith will also prove to be useful, even if he's still not the Main Man in charge.

- Song reference
*A second later, Alice smacked him upside the head. *

"Alice? Who the f*ck is Alice"?
;-P

(Sorry, could not resist commenting on this typo(?), due to my familiarity with the song: "Living Next Door to Alice" by "Smokie/Gompie". Know both versions.)

Did you mean Ahsoka? Or was it Anton? Or is this yet another one of the group whose name I've forgotten?
(Lot of secondaries and tertiaries for this jaunt. Hard to keep track.)

- Meta Joke
Did think the reference to an absentee father to Anakin rather clever, considering his canon fate.

- Balance
Nice bit of back and forth and showing that the loss of the Veil won't turn things into a curb stomp for the good guys.

Sith managed to get their licks in, even if they psid dearly for it.
galo4 chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
magnificent thanks again for this great tale!
shugokage chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
Excellent job on this chapter!
Blaze1992 chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
So no clones vs bugs this go around, granted I wonder what you have planed for Padme and Bail now their party movement is gone will they side with Ranma?
Tribernator chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
This is going to be interesting. Both sides got bloodied hard here but nobody really "won" overall. I think sideous is going to be absolutely enraged by the results here, as the attack on corellia was rebuffed. They took massive damage over their sector, but the planet still stands. Duros was wiped out which should be enough to show the power of the separatists, but the core world of corellia didnt fall and indeed fought off the fleet of their general which is going to be huge for morale even with the loss of life. On top of that, behind the scenes sideous lost a LOT witht he fall of weyland and the info gathered from there. The early info they grabbed will allow for further draining attacks to be launched before he can maneuver his more valuable assets away and adjust for the intel coup the jedi just got.

On the other hand, the ledi lost a lot, and the battle isnt entirely over yet at the green temple. A number of important senators died in the bomb attack, and even the info they grabbed at weyland is only going to be of limited value as by the time they can fully reassemble it and find more goodies past what they got, sideous will likely have adjusted it all so the info is no longer useful and likely will lead to more traps or nothing of value. That brief surge where the veil went down was HUGE as it gave the jedi order room to make decisions with clear instruction from the force, but now the veil is back so they cant fully reverse the trend of the sith being two steps ahead.

Overall I think this was more of a loss for the sith as it was their plans which failed to accomplish much of what they were after. Mace windu lives, corellia lives, they lost that huge research facility plus whatever other targets might get hit, and their separatist fleet didnt do as much damage as they wanted it to. I think palpatine can use the failed attack just fine to advance his further plans but its still him having to readjust his plans to account for the losses taken in a single huge battle. Also I enjoyed grievous getting his turn to experience the ranma factor. Its funny how contemptuous the bad guys are to how much of a pain the the rear ranma can be to their plans until they experience it first hand.
Danny79 chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
I have no clue why the Gozanti-class cruiser is counted as a cruiser at all. It is tiny with a length of 63.8 meters. Witch should place at a light corvette classification, and even that would be generous. The Vigil-class corvette (my personal favorite among the smaller ships) is 255 meters long, and can be listed as a heavy corvette in comparison. But it is still counted as a corvette despite being four times longer and way better armed that the tiny Gozanti-class cruiser.
Rebell 01 chapter 23 . 3/1/2020
An expensive War. Great chapter.
2,176 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »