Reviews for The Eagle on the Ramparts
Great story.
Sorry to be petty but don't forget that Ecthelion would consider it presumptuous to sit on a throne. He would probably have some euphemism like "chair of state".
That was a nice scene between Ecthelion and his daughter and I loved "Ada" which reminded me of the Jewish, "Abba" which is pretty good itself.
Jacie chapter 1 . 10/26
It's been two years and a day since this story was first published. Immense felicitations!
Mewmir chapter 25 . 10/12
This is so cool. Nothing against Viggo, but the films be like 'humanize him with weakness!' and all I can think is 'you kidding? Aragorn is epic awesomeness. Let him be Epic Awesome!'

You, my friend, seem to have asked in your wonderful tales that truly brilliant question; 'how exactly did he hone this to a fine point?' I'm still geeking out. This review isn't about begging for an update, as I am well satisfied with what you've already posted and I was always bound to be sad when it ended, regardless. (BTW, thanks for not being a taunting cliffhanger author; the quality of each chapter would've been greatly lessened by that artificial tension gimmick.)
AlexDnD chapter 25 . 8/28
Thank you so much for another excellent chapter. This story has such a special place in my heart, it is like reading a lost work of Tolkien himself. My only request is that the length between chapters not be so long!
The King in White chapter 25 . 8/22
This is magnificent
Sophia the Scribe chapter 25 . 8/20
Very good! I continue to love Thorongil and Minardil's brotherly relationship, and it's great to see Jamon getting the help he needed for prisoner interrogation! Can't wait for the next chapter. Blessings, Sophia
Jacie chapter 25 . 8/18
Hurrah! It's back! Amazing chapter, as always. I look forward to more!
I'm Hermes chapter 25 . 8/14
I was worried for a moment that Minardil was going to fall in love with Jamon's betrothed. It would be so cool to see them as brother's-in-law!

It looks as though Thorongil's tutelage in the art of espionage and intelligence served Jamon well. Hopefully Denethor never finds out about it though. The last thing we need is for the Captain-General to have another reason to suspect Thorongil's loyalty. Hopefully the ego-boost that the "Mail Fist of Gondor"'s new moniker gives him will keep him distracted for a while. :P

Can't wait to read the next chapter! Now that I'm all caught up, I'll be diving into some of your other stories. You write for this world in a way that John himself would be proud of!
I'm Hermes chapter 24 . 8/14
Poor Jamon! I really hope that Minardil and Thorongil can get him the assistance he needs to get out of there in one piece..
I'm Hermes chapter 23 . 8/14
I spoke too soon. Herion will still likely be a problem but I guess that it won't be from a superior position after all. Which, come to think of it, will probably make things worse for Thorongil..

I hope Jamon doesn't end up the worse for his new assignment..
I'm Hermes chapter 22 . 8/14
Herion is going to be a problem. There are few things worse than a jealous superior. I'm glad that Mallor seems to be on the mend! I wonder if there isn't a junior healer that looked at Thorongil and then at the painting, and wonder for a moment before shaking their head and getting back to the task at hand.
I'm Hermes chapter 21 . 8/14
Hah! Good old Ecthelion! Just because a person is patient and level-headed, doesn't make them a pushover, that's for sure :)
I'm Hermes chapter 20 . 8/14
I'm wondering how long it will be before Thorongil will be promoted. Pretty soon neither Denethor nor Thorongil will be able to prevent the Steward from taking greater notice.