Reviews for The Eagle on the Ramparts
Gill chapter 25 . 12/24/2021
A tale woven with wonderful language. Finished or not, it little matters: there are passages within which lift words off the page and into life. Something special.
bobbygniu chapter 25 . 10/4/2021
Love this story. I had followed it on Stories of Arda. I really hope you continue it.
Brievel chapter 25 . 8/13/2021
I suppose it's been too long to hope you'll come finish this, but I'm daring to hope anyway.
Adam Sonnier chapter 1 . 5/27/2021
I love this story and other tales like it. DO you plan to finsh it at some point?
sun1995 chapter 24 . 5/11/2021
gerät Story:)!
Agape2000 chapter 25 . 4/8/2021
Thank you very much for writing chapter 25. It was a delight to read, just as all your writing is!

I appreciated that it was pointed out that growing up under the influence of the Shadow would make Jamon's spirit more susceptible to hopelessness and losing one's sense of self. Intially, his lack of comprehension of Denethor's plan was a little confusing. But it is very easy to return to a slave-like mentality after growing up under oppression.

Thorongil's unresting drive to combat the enemy is also a great portrayal of his character. His always wanting to be closer to where he can do the most to push back the forces of darkness is just like the brave, unflinching Aragorn in Tolkien's work.

You have set up the various plot elements of this story so well! It is well with the wait to see what will happen with all the characters!

Thank you for all your work in writing faithful and thorough LOTR stories!
Despo chapter 25 . 7/8/2020
Hi Canafinwe,

I reread The Eagle on the Ramparts and enjoyed it just as much as the first several times. It is, without question, one of my all time favourites! I have followed the story from the very first chapters in 2015 and have been thinking of your version of Thorongil in Gondor often in the past months (and years).

I wonder, do you still write, sometimes? It would give me peace of mind to know, even if your answer were 'No'.

Love

Despo
Srijita chapter 25 . 6/15/2020
Please please finish this story. I adore your works on LOTR and this particular one, I am rereading for the fourth time I think. There are so few Thorongil stories and I was so excited to see a work in progress. It would be great if you continue.
TheDarkLordofDoom chapter 25 . 6/11/2020
Even though this story stands unfinished, and that is a pity, let this review stand as recommendation.

The writing is beautifully atmospheric and the plot imaginative, with yhis illustration of Thorongil's tale unique in its own way, yet very much a part of the Legendarium and written as such. A marvellous work of subcreation indeed.

A pity that it shall never be finished, for I would have quite liled to see Thorongil in Umbar, but what is here is already a gift.
A Dream of Fantasy chapter 25 . 3/1/2020
Golly, I know it's been a long time since you have updated, but if at all possible, I would love to hear more of this story! I love your style of writing! You do an amazing job of sublty changing the language according to whose story line you're following. Denethors thoughts are very proud and it comes across in the word choice. I also love the way you have him as a foil for Thorongil. They often contradict each other, and while the reader is rooting for Thorongil, you still allow us to understand Denethor's position, and make him honorable enough that I'm still willing to empathise with him. All in all, great writing. I would love to see more! After all, you said it yourself in "Tailings and Tales": an unfinished story is a kind of broken promise!
Snow chapter 1 . 3/1/2020
Just wanted to come back to my favorite Aragorn fics on his birthday. I miss your updates, Canafinwe. I hope you're alright, and have only stopped posting because you have other great things to do. Namarie.
BlueRevolution chapter 25 . 1/14/2020
I so loved this story! your writing and storytelling is excellent. I'm impressed
Anthi35 chapter 25 . 12/16/2019
Hello Canafinwe! I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love all your stories! I would love for more content from you. Is there any chance you will write more? XO and happy holidays!
Mewmir chapter 25 . 12/5/2019
Love your stuff; don't know if I said so in past years, so I stopped by to leave this story's 667th review. :)
akdjfhgheiwuhrh938492048eusha chapter 1 . 12/2/2019
I have read this story probably seven times by now. Would love to see more!
695 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »