Reviews for STG Investigative Report : Doctor Ganar Okeer
Szuchow chapter 1 . 6/2/2017
Thanks to this write-up Okeer grew to be my favorite character in series. I can't really see him as evil, more arrogantly convinced that future of his race is in his hands and therefore willing to commit attrocities and join in questionable alliances.

It's nice too see krogan whose main forte is his intellect and who is able to charm his way out of troubles. However his threat rating does not correspond to what he did in story - he was beaten by Wrex*, Tazzik (off screen) and Butcher. We don't see him defeat anyone of note. Sure, his plan might have succeded with Grunt and others but his alleged proves in combat deserves to be shown I think.

Second chapter about him and Thana is something that I can only praise.

*Shifter intervention hardly counts.
Alexeij chapter 2 . 5/15/2017
Yes. Yes you are.
RED78910 chapter 2 . 5/12/2017
I must once again congratulate you on doing the impossible. You have, with this one simple update, made me Feel something for maybe the most Evil character in your entire setting. It was hard trying to imagine Thana as a small child knowing all she would be responsible for later but...it was good to be reminded of the fact that Everyone was a child at one point.

Anyway, it is always interesting getting philosophical lectures from people like Okeer. I'm honestly not sure what to make of him. He did a lot wrong, but he was also apparently a decent person at times and not in my mind Evil at the end.

Also, he was psychic? Interesting...

On another note, and just because it's stuck in my mind right now, I've always felt the Krogan and Asari were good mirrors for each other. The Krogan took Violence and Chaos to their logical extreme and as such were on the edge of oblivion. The Asari however took Pacivity and Culture to their logical extreme, and while they had control of things, that control was an Illusion. They only seemed on top because it was a closed system they were running and the moment something outside of their expectations came along they were nearly destroyed.

My point here is I've always felt if these two sides could be combined somehow you'd get as close to an ideal civilization as would be possible in this setting.

Anyway, rambling now. Amazing job!
Nogui chapter 2 . 5/12/2017
Wait, the Dirge is a musical recount of the person's life?

LOL, that is gonna be one long ass song.
Katkiller-V chapter 2 . 5/10/2017
The fact that story and author alerts are still down annoys me, but at least I caught this only a few days after it was posted instead of weeks after.

Overall I like the reminder that Okeer and Thana are/were people, that they still had loved ones and cared about things beyond the crap that they got up to.
Kampps chapter 2 . 5/8/2017
Fucking loved it.
Cant chapter 1 . 3/3/2016
BIG BOSS!?
jerseydanielgibson chapter 1 . 2/10/2016
Less painful just to go ahead and kill yourself than face something older than Belgarath?
darkerdeepdown chapter 1 . 10/31/2015
Lol I feel sorry for the shmuck who has to write these XD. Having to write what people would think is typos or exaggerated remarks
Janizary chapter 1 . 10/29/2015
STG-issue "Okeer" Combat Package: Shotgun with single round. Instructions read: "Charge weapon. Place emitter under chin. Pull trigger." Optional postage-paid bag to secure ID chip included. (Okeer may be polite enough to send the package after an agent's demise)

:D
RED78910 chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
This is nothing short of Fascinating. Okeer was dangerous and brilliant beyond words, and had such an interesting life I hardly know what to say about him.

I will say though that, despite everything we saw him do and read about here, I just can't bring myself to call Okeer Evil. Why? Well, if any of what was in this document was accurate, it seems like Okeer was about the only leader the Krogan had that actually cared about Advancement, about Culture, about anything that we associate with Enlightenment.

All the others just seemed to have wanted to kill things and achieve glory.

All Okeer's efforts were for the advancement of his people. All of which seem to have ended in failure and tragedy. Despite this, he seems to have been able to live as decent a life as possible for someone in his position, maintaining many relationships with numerous beings.

He also seems to have had some level of morality to him, even at the end. That is Very surprising given what happened to him.

So, overall, I'm honestly not sure what to make of Okeer except that he wasn't Evil. At least, not nearly on the same level as most of the other major leaders in the series.

I'm actually very curious to know just how the Justicar Mistress, Thana T'Armal, and many other major figures who knew Okeer are reacting to his death.

Very interesting.
Awed chapter 1 . 10/27/2015
Holy crap. Okeer is the God Emperor of Krogan.
SLotH4 chapter 1 . 10/27/2015
You've made the greatest krogan of all time. And now he's dead... Boooooooo!
Nogui chapter 1 . 10/27/2015
You ever known a guy so old, that archeology and carbon dating was required to do a background check on him?

"Yo mama is so old, that she babysitted Ganar Okeer when he was a kid"

"Look, it is simpler and definitely less painful to just kill yourself"
I love the salarian humor in these reports, followed by "This is not a typo" - by this point, you probably have a button on your keyboard macro'ed to that, right?

Those snippets into Krogan history, and also the Batarian way of speaking - new Season of Sorrows Unending chapters coming soon?
MagFkingNeto chapter 1 . 10/26/2015
RIP Granddaddy Dinosaur.

Okeer was really such an interesting character and one that's fell on the line. It really is a shame he had to end up on Shepard's war path.

He was probably one of the most fascinating characters in the series.

Do you think you'll ever write down some of his own thoughts and views like Benezia?