Reviews for I've Always Wanted to Use that Spell
SapphiK chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
This was awesome!
PrincessLissaRae chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
That part of the movies always stood out to me and I loved it. This story captured the very moment perfectly and gave a believable back story. This was an amazingly talented piece of writing and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you!
alix33 chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
"some of the special teachers' spell looked" - "some of the special teachers' spells looked".
A fuzzy kitten? Like a baby which she'd (in her animagus form) look after until its mother returned or it could return to its mother, much like she sort of does for the firsties in her class (or now in the demented DADA professor's class)?
Doing something constructive and making trouble is very often the same thing, as Fabian and Gideon Prewett and their future nephews Fred and George Weasley all seem to know. You have only learned that thing now, Minerva.
You can't have Minerva use the phrase "potion-induced dance-off" and then tell us nothing about which music was danced to nor the style, if any, of the dancing involved.
I've always been too congenitally clumsy to take any kind of stairs two at a time, even though I'm still very young compared to Dumbles.
"doo damage control" - "do damage control".
You're closer to a whole lot mad than Minerva McGonagall will ever be, Molly Weasley!
arlene56 chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
I liked this a lot! It was very well-written and rich in detail. They start off pretty silly and get much more serious as time goes on. I love the one from 1962, with the Defense professor going crazy; that was really funny. I liked the one from 1981, with the giants, as well. Giants were so reluctant to meet with wizards in canon, even with Hagrid and madame Maxime, and it's interesting to think about what exactly might have happened. It's fun to read about these events from McGonagall's point of view.

Quick thing: "Minerva usually thought Hagrid couldn't handle himself..." doesn't really make sense in the context, unless I'm reading it wrong' should it be "Hagrid could handle himself?"

Thanks for sharing!