Reviews for Between the Lines
bloodyredfox chapter 189 . 3/19/2021
I just want womeone to punch hisui...right in the face..damn i am so angry
Guest chapter 1 . 3/8/2021
I need to read a story with 300 CHAPTERS AND 800,000 WORDS?! OH GOOD LORD, IT'LL TAKE A YEAR FOR ME TO READ ALL OF THIS- QAQ)
MysticChemyst chapter 288 . 3/3/2021
Lol, with a letter that short, of course he only melted two pens XD
MysticChemyst chapter 279 . 3/1/2021
Not sure how I feel about Juvia's illness and Jellal's injury...

I suppose it is definitely more realistic, but it also makes me very sad. I guess I'm a sucker for those unrealistic happy endings because I want to escape from reality and believe that things will always turn out somehow.
MysticChemyst chapter 276 . 3/1/2021
98% of the time you use "supported" you actually mean "sported."
Supported means a thing that bears the weight of or holds up.

Sported (no 'U') means to wear or have on display.

I know it's a minor thing, but you use it SO much that I can't just not say anything. It gets on one's nerves after merely dozens of chapters and this (admittedly lovely) story is literally hundreds of chapters.

Also, thanks so much for all your hard work! This massive fic is definitely a magnum opus. :)
MysticChemyst chapter 251 . 2/28/2021
If they would just freaking TALK to each other and not hide things all the time, Natsu would have the answers he's looking for already and Lucy wouldn't be heartbroken. UGH!
MysticChemyst chapter 242 . 2/28/2021
God. It still pisses me off what Natsu did to Lucy. Especially in cannon, but also here, too. At least here Lucy isn't left with absolutely nothing so that makes it slightly better.
MysticChemyst chapter 195 . 2/25/2021
Lucy lies to Natsu too much
MysticChemyst chapter 195 . 2/25/2021
I thought Loke had done something to Lucy's phone so it would never die way back.?
MysticChemyst chapter 159 . 2/22/2021
Grrr. Maybe it's because she's a cat and she interprets things differently, but I've never understood why Carla thought Lucy was singing. She's clearly shouting in gut-wrenching agony in the anime and I doubt it's any different here. At least BTL has Carla acknowledging that Lucy has tears on her face.
MysticChemyst chapter 22 . 2/14/2021
I've always wondered how Natsu can stand sleeping in a hammock when anything else that moves in the slightest makes him unbearably motion sick...
Anime logic, I guess.
MysticChemyst chapter 12 . 2/12/2021
*Sigh* I really wish authors wouldn't include comment replies in the story. This is an absolutely massive fic and the word count is already daunting enough without adding unnecessarily to it.

That being said, this is my second time through this fic (I'm slowly remembering as I go) and what I've read to this point is still just as great as it was the first read through. _
nermansherman chapter 343 . 1/3/2021
Okay, this is gonna be long. BTL was the very first fic I ever followed on ffn, and when I came back to ffn in quarantine, I ended up looking at the old fics I had followed way back when and decided to read BTL. I think I gave up after about 30 chapters or so the first time, but I was determined to finish this thing before winter break was over. Sidenote, today’s the last day of break. It took me about three weeks of on and off reading, but I did it.
BTL is, for lack of better word, amazing. The plot and foreshadowing and how everything was tied into itself was absolutely beautifully done. When looking back at earlier chapters, you can see how much your writing improved, even though you were already very skilled to begin with.
I’m really pleased it had a happy ending, even with all of the death and destruction and sadness in the last arc. Personally, I prefer them, because it tells me that despite how sucky the world may be, we can still have happy, even if it’s a different happy than we once had.
Thank you for writing this, and keeping up with it despite the struggles you had. It’s amazing, and I’m not sure I could have done that. But after reading BTL I’ve learned a lot about how to be a better writer and poster on ffn.
Between The Lines will always have a special place in my fanfic heart, not only as a piece to learn from, but a piece to enjoy. Thank you, river, for this.
cal chapter 12 . 12/28/2020
rereading this since its been a big part of my childhood and can i just say how incredibly happy this fic makes me?
Celeste04 chapter 1 . 12/6/2020
Re-reading this coz why not? I'm missing BTL, while waiting for Of Dust and Shadows, soo, my opinion won't be any different, this story is so good and I'm hooked. Hoping to know what happened after they got back! You're a great writer, keep it up! Aja!
7,535 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »