Reviews for The Art of Self-Fashioning
Majere4 chapter 47 . 3h
"
You will want to look up the spell, of course, to make sure that it exists and functions as I say it does. But I will spare you some effort. It can only be canceled by my death.
"
Well, lord dudders is fucked now!

"
"When were you going to tell me that one of Lord Dudders's Horcruxes is hidden in your house?"
"
*winces* Welp, this is awkward.

I wanted to wait to give the 3000th review when I was logged in, but life is frustrating right now. Sorry that I've not been leave reviews as I had been.

Just wanted to give kudos for such a fantastic story. It continues to evolve and grow into one of my all time favorites - pending how you wrap things up, of course.
majere4 chapter 33 . 10/22
Fantastic, an excellent turning point.
majere4 chapter 32 . 10/22
HOLY SHITE... This is... stunning.
majere4 chapter 31 . 10/22
*finally releases the breath I'd been holding*
majere4 chapter 30 . 10/22
"
"So we need to find some way to impale him on his own hook."

Black's eyes returned from whatever distance they'd been staring into, and his mouth was twisted with something like humor as he stared at Harry. "What a darling child you are," he said. "With a great taste for metaphor."
*laughs in shock*
I... Uhm, yeah.

"
She followed Severus with an even softer tread. She could Apparate in this form, if she had to, but she would much prefer to get so close to him that she could lean against his robes and be taken along. She could easily spring aside once they arrived at the destination—Death Eater or otherwise—and she could hide.

Then the real fun can begin.
"
Oh... shite! I'm fairly sure McG will be alright. I'm also fairly sure she's about to see something she doesn't want to.
majere4 chapter 28 . 10/22
"
"As for whether he's going to come back to Hogwarts, I think it's unlikely, at least right now. But he's staying with Regulus Black. And he wants to know if we're interested in help to take down You-Know-Who."
"
Knowing that snivellus reads Nev's mind like the daily horoscope -and McG definitely knows about the mind-rapes... erm, occlumency training... this doesn't seem like the wisest course of action :(

"
"Oh, Lily," he did whisper, letting his mind linger in contemplation of those who would be hurt. "Oh, James. If you could see what your son has become."
"
Yeah, never mind that you left him with magic-hating relatives against the explicit wishes of his parents' will and never once checked on his welfare you self-righteous manipulative fuckwit.
Sorry, dumbles is below hem-hem on the list... but not all that far, and not below at all in canon.
majere4 chapter 27 . 10/22
"
If you'd Sorted Slytherin, then Severus would probably have got you under his control anyway."

"No," said Harry positively. "I would never have liked him, and he would never have liked me."
"
This is a tad disappointing. Rather poor tactics and most un-Slytherin -not to mention just plain short-sighted- to dismiss anything so strongly stated by this very deep child.

"
This is much better news than I ever thought to receive.
"
Poor McG. I'm glad she's so not suffering anymore, the guilt was eating her alive.
majere4 chapter 24 . 10/22
Excellent battle, freaking scary shite, but excellent.
majere4 chapter 23 . 10/22
I'm not sure how you go about planning Regulus' dialogue, but it has to be quite entertaining!

It's intriguing to see Harry from this analytical outside perspective. The hissing is new, but I somehow doubt that its cause is new, but rather he just hasn't been put in a position that he couldn't ignore or otherwise respond to... what a trip.
majere4 chapter 22 . 10/22
I'm really enjoying your characters. Regulus is, of course, a mostly open book for you to fill. Mdm. Longbottom is a bit more restricted, but your portrayal fits rather well. The story felt like it was fulfilling McG's dread: heading pell-mell towards the edge of a cliff.
Perhaps Regulus will pull him from the edge? He seems just as likely to push him off just to Arresto Momentum him at the last moment. Black madness certainly is entertaining, if nothing else.
majere4 chapter 21 . 10/22
I'm somewhere between laughing hysterically, guardedly hopeful (you've given a few misdirections already), and just plain dreading what comes next.
majere4 chapter 20 . 10/22
I... *bemused... hopeful, but completely bemused*
majere4 chapter 18 . 10/22
"
Harry nodded. "I don't really want to see people die." I want to see them suffer
"
*shudders, full body, revolted shuddering* Fuck Shite Dammit! That really messed with me!
Harry Potter is no more. I know that I'm stating the obvious, and that it's not a recent thing, but I guess it's the old 'stating it makes it real' trope. RIP Harry.

"
Ah. The end of the quill had a sharp tip, as expected, but it also was alive. Harry could sense the will in it, struggling fiercely, wanting to get out and cheer up skin.
cheer up... skin?
I don't complain about typos as a general rule, shite happens, but this... it absolutely destroys story continuity and immersion... this needs fixed.

Now I know why you have not included Luna. She would know. She would help, and you've already determined that he can't be helped.
Yet?
*sad sigh*
majere4 chapter 17 . 10/22
"
Besides, Albus had seen the kitten, since he'd spent time with Neville before the students left school. If the same person had made the eagle and the kitten, he would have known about it by studying the kitten's aura.
*blinks*
I... I didn't even think of that. SO... huh lol

Oh boy... wandless transfiguration is going to open a whole new avenue for Harry... will it be the highway to his own personal hell?
majere4 chapter 16 . 10/22
How has Dumbledore not noticed - or one of the teachers not mentioned - that a student suddenly has a large eagle in the school. Harry has brought it inside, so this is a bit of a plot hole.

"
But he was James and Lily's son, he had wanted to Sort Gryffindor, he had done this for Neville at such a risk, and he didn't bully people or taunt them or hurt them. Surely it was all right. Surely it would be.

She could repeat much the same things to the boy lying so still in the bed, with the change of his parents' names. Surely it will be.
*miserable sigh*

Also, where the hell is Luna?
3,002 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »