Reviews for The Art of Self-Fashioning
benjamin.r.tillson chapter 7 . 23h
This is one of the most interesting stories I've read that involves healing someone with extreme exposure to the cruciatus curse that I've seen
kekkeigenkai95 chapter 65 . 7/11
I generally avoid dark! Harry fics due to my dislike of angst and plotlines overstuffed with suffering. In that sense this story has been a pleasant surprise to me, and I loved this particular characterization and the nonchalance with which Harry accepts both his nature and the reactions of others. The forays into magical theory building are impressive without disturbing the flow of the story. All in all, I enjoyed the story very much.

~kekkeigenkai95~
RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley chapter 22 . 7/10
Regulus reminds me so much of Sherlock, was that where you pulled your inspiration from for his character?
m0nk3yZer0 chapter 65 . 7/10
This was amazing! I love how literal he is, people keep trying to throw all their emotions at him and he just stares and thinks they're being stupid. I love it. I was so scared when i thought he was gonna transfigure his brain. Terry Boot is the most realistic kid, in that annoying way that real kids can't avoid. I couldn't stand Black at first, then I liked him, then I was mad at him at the end. I just realized I don't know what happened to the Malfoys. I like how he fixed his parents, pretty cool, the whole ending was really good.
tired of living chapter 65 . 6/25
this continues to be one of my favorite fics ever
Shaerl chapter 1 . 6/22
gods, awesome story... thanks
StoneTheLoner chapter 2 . 6/13
You know, it's awfully convenient that teachers and adults always brought up the second half of the explanation for Slytherin. 'House of cunning and ambition, and oh by the way kids it's also the house of the most feared and evil dark lord of the time (AKA He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, AKA You-Know-Who, AKA Lord Voldemort!) and students in it are typically distrusted as that's where The Dark Lords powerbase came from. Yes, even us teachers distrust them otherwise why would we be mentioning its reputation to every young prospective student we talk to, giving them unfair biases towards which house they enter.' They're either inept at being quality professors and educators or they have a motive.
Faerie of Tara chapter 65 . 6/6
That was amazing. I almost didn't read it because of how long it was, but I am so glad I did!
Enkelados chapter 65 . 5/27
Lovely story, made me really feel with the characters. I hope you enjoyed writing it as much as I enjoyed reading it.
RissaGrace17 chapter 65 . 5/26
This was amazing! By far one of the best fics I've ever read. I loved how you changed the personalities of the characters and kept them consistent over the course of the fic. I liked how you portrayed Harry's personality as you did, because (psychologically speaking) that is closer to how he would have acted with the Dursley's upbringing. I'm incredibly impressed with how much character and depth even the minor characters had, and how the P.O.V. switched to them every once in a while. You kept the Harry's major goal (his parents) consistent throughout the story while also creating obstacles and secondary goals (defeating Voldemort) to keep it alive and interesting. My favorite part of this story was Harry's relationship with Professor McGonagall. It was very realistic, and I loved how they interacted with each other. Thank you so much for writing! -Rissa
the unregistered wolf animagus chapter 65 . 5/16
Not sure if I should be proud or guilty that I read this huge fic in 24 hours but here we are. Honestly I haven't read Harry Potter fics in years due to education and other such things, however this is hands down one of the best fics I've ever read across many fandoms, sites and genres. The characterisation was incredible, the plot twists and turns like I'd expect from a published writer and the creativity with its intricacies and logicality are simply wonderful to read. Perhaps I only noticed because of my own experiences, but this version of Harry resembles an autistic person in a few ways, I'm not sure what you'd do with this insight but I thought I'd share in case someone felt similarly. I'm very impressed with how you managed to show Harry's progress as a chracter and as a wizard while keeping it plausible and realistic, I'll certainly be coming back to this to re-read at some point in the future. Thank you for writing this, I hope you'll continue writing for a while to come :)
Amista chapter 65 . 5/16
Amazing story !
Thoroughly enjoyed this from beginning to end. An excellent and very original fic!
Elkei Snape chapter 1 . 5/13
Good story !
Thank you- that was amazing. Harry was in/non-human and totally and plausibly focused on his goals. I loved that canon was only hinted at- the basilisk referred to in passing, etc. You have a sure touch with plot and phrasing.
2,409 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »