Reviews for Chimera in Chains
An chapter 1 . 5/21
asfdjlakdjflajflajsdf

oh regulus, /regulus/... it's so heartbreaking, to read this, and realize just how much pride he's been forced to throw away, how much love has been kept from him.

*off to read fluff to mend my heart together*
Evanelle chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
An excellent fic! I enjoyed reading it. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/29/2016
Beautiful and moving character study on Regulus. I am intrigued by your interpretation of Dumbledore in particular — a puppetmaster that is prejudiced in his own right, and doesn't necessarily have everyone's best interest at heart — as contrasted to Flitwick. The syntax doesn't play out for me; I feel that the repetitiveness is overdone and reduces the readability of your sentences instead of enchanting them, so to speak. But other than that, I enjoyed this piece greatly. Thank you for writing it.
Lucy Gaol chapter 1 . 4/28/2016
God bless flitwick
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 2/23/2016
You really like Flitwick, don't you? A thoroughly interesting character, really. Goblin ancestry, dueling champion, professor. Why, though? Most don't portray him as anything more than an overexcitable, little man.

This should be fun. Regulus knows. Perhaps the war can end before Halloween of 1981. Didn't he die in 1979? That gives us two years. Enough time, just maybe.
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 12/18/2015
Oh the potential. If only really. Loved it. Thanks for writing and posting. I do hope you will continue this story!
Izzyaro chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
This is fantastic. Regulus is another character that's always overlooked, and I really like how you've delved into his backstory. His friendship with Kreacher is lovely, and I really like how you wrote his desperation when finally turning to Flitwick. I'd definitely be interested in reading more of this.

Thanks for writing.
Birds Love Words chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
I love this! Poor Regulus really never gets enough attention. The way you wrote him was spot-on, and your analysis of Flitwick was also very true. Hope to see more of your writing soon!
BleuAzure chapter 1 . 11/9/2015
Wow... I was NOT expecting this o.o However it seems so obvious now ! I really like Regulus and your characterization of him is so beautiful ! , But really, I have to say that all of your fics (or at least all the ones I read ') are magnificently written :)
Thank you very much for your hard work 3
IsoldeAhlstrom chapter 1 . 11/8/2015
You're a genius! I love it! Absolutely amazing! I wonder, what would this have changed? We shall simply have to wonder...
Noitamina chapter 1 . 11/5/2015
Love this!1
55555 chapter 1 . 11/4/2015
Fantastic as always. You always bring a neat perspective on things. I really like the way you balanced things and build upon the little bits we know from canon. I really like the way your stories really show a lot about the character, but also leave that little hint of "anything could happen next", which I think is really neat. Even though they can be a little bleak, there is always that sense of coming change that will allow the character to move forward in a new and unexpected direction. This was one of the first pieces I've read that did such a good job of showing who Regulus was in such a concise way. The little details made him seem real and relatable. As always, I am looking forward to whatever you post next. Best wishes and thanks for sharing with us
Jenkt5 chapter 1 . 10/31/2015
Hi,
Regulus' perspective made him seem a little younger than I would have expected, but maybe it was just me.

I think you made some good comparisons- The Dark Lord compared to a polite dragon being one, and then the feeling of having Voldemort's approval being a contradiction in that it is both a good thing but also sickening later.. Or is that just my experience with wine?

I have always wondered about Andromeda seemingly getting a free pass from Bellatrix when she didn't hesitate to go after Nymphadora.. Or Sirius and likely not Regulus if it came to it. I'm sure it helped that Andy didn't join the Order and probably just did all she could to avoid her family and the (first) war in general but it doesn't seem as if Bella ever had a personal vendetta against her as she seems to with some of her other family members.

I haven't ever really thought of Walburga resenting Regulus for not being a girl that she could dress up. She's never struck me as someone who would take much interest in her children in general- unless it's negative attention. That's what makes writing and reading about the lesser known characters fun (imo) because there is more room for interpretation without worrying about being out of character in most cases.

Oh, and you called Regulus an unloved little boy... Sad but maybe true. I don't think he had a lot of options when it came to his sorting... What good is a 'spare' if they're as much of a 'disappointment' as the first?

I found it interesting that he went to Flitwick for help. I can understand him not wanting to ask Dumbledore because no one in his family aside from Sirius would trust him so he must have adopted some of their views over the years. While I do think Flitwick is probably an underused character, I'm not sure how he could have helped Regulus in this situation. Anyway, thanks for writing!
Hiruma Musouka chapter 1 . 10/31/2015
Very nice. I liked where and why you chose to diverge events and that it was Flitwick he asked for help.
sunsethill chapter 1 . 10/31/2015
This is a fabulous character study. Every part is so possible in canon. I especially believe the part about Bella killing him if he didn't join the Dark Lord. I can also believe Kreacher begging. I guess canon!Regulus had more Gryffindor in him or more of a desire to prove himself. Thanks for sharing. This was quite lovely and makes me wish it was canon.