Reviews for once upon a time
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2016
woah holy fuck
Dragonmorph chapter 1 . 7/27/2016
Well, I really don't know where to begin. Fairy tales tend to be sugarcoated in Disney's world, but then I end up losing my childhood when revisiting the grimmer(?) versions of these tales. I can say this really evoked my sense of "oh man that was gory" to "wow, that was actually really interesting." The horror genre should've warned me, but nah. I probably hated myself enough to check it out anyway.

I half-expected to see romance since plenty of it serves a sub-plot for a lot of things I've witnessed with my eyes, and ears. It only occurred to me that there wasn't any when I made my way through the story, and then I glance up at the characters to see the lack of brackets. I definitely see Miku's fitting into the role of Rapunzel - loneliness clouds her judgement when someone gives her attention albeit it doesn't take form in the most pleasant of ways (the sexual encounters being so one-sided yikes). She's alone in the tower, and possibly too innocent for her own good.

Now, the part that interests me the most for some reason is the unnamed demon. As much as gore does not settle well with me, I still enjoy dark stories. I see possession is one way to take over a host, but I never really imagined a more parasitic nature in a similar situation. The actions do lead up to that ending, but it's still a surprise nonetheless. I guess I should've known that a good host is one that can lure its prey to itself like one of those deep-sea fish. Idk, that's the first comparison that comes to mind.

Someone does get their happily-ever-after end even if it means that someone is a parasitic demon. That's how fairy tales end, right? There's a happy-ever-after. Aaaa, I don't know. This is such a nice read even if I did have to look up pictures of kittens after that.

-DM
Nekuro Yamikawa chapter 1 . 6/18/2016
whoa! please made another one!

so, its kind of mixing rapunzel, sleeping beauty and... unnamed monster?
Yubi.Fanficts chapter 1 . 4/23/2016
OH DEAR LORD MY POOR HEART. That freaking ending literally made my jaw drop, and I reaized I should've taken the entire first paragraph seriously because this ending hit me like a train. Amazing story and plot, seriously glad I stumbled upon this!
Huinari chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
You have no idea how much I'm grinning at this. I love the original version of Rapunzel where she doesn't understand the whole birds-and-bees thing and gets pregnant (but doesn't realize it at all because she was so sheltered). And Len is an idealist as well, who doesn't quite understand that his love (or his girl tucked away all for his own convenience) doesn't feel as comfortable with him as he does to her.

The imbalance between their relationship is very clear, and makes the story all the more fascinating to read. They're both royalty, yes, but that's about it. Len is a free person, less restricted by his rank due to having older brothers. He's, on the scale of things, not as important, and that allows him to have more liberties. Miku on the other hand is literally a prisoner. She can't have much social interactions, which isn't healthy and so does what teens do when they don't get enough attention/social support - cling desperately to the first person that shows them attention. (and get pregnant at a young age).

Of course the demon being the true winner at the end is absolutely amazing. And in a way Miku is a winner (or at least her body is) because she's now free! She has the power to do what she wants, to leave and meet more people! (I mean sure, becoming the vessel to a demon was probably nowhere near her wishlist, but in a twisted way her dream came very true. she now can go out the tower and meet people [and eat them])
TechnoDee chapter 1 . 12/14/2015
Oh. Well. Wow. That was some lovely horror right there. Great writing, great read. :)
FoxC4 chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Wow.. just... wow, not because it was bad, but dang the gore is real. Still the Story was good in its own grotesque way.
9Light chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Len is dead? Hip Hip Hurray! Oh but would the servant be killed too? that's another story :)
miku chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
NO~! It can't be.. My poor miku-nee and len-nii, I'm a die hard fan of lenku and this not-so pure relationship b/w them is still lovable to me. But damn that demon he killed our Len and miku (practically)

Even so I love it. Superb. Keep it on. Your miku fics are just so addictive.
Shirai Hisaishi chapter 1 . 10/31/2015
So, I just saw the email about you posting a story. Okay, I'll read this. Happy Halloween sensei.
008080 chapter 1 . 10/31/2015