Reviews for Ghost World
Princess Of Flames chapter 1 . 9/16/2016
I think I was stabbed by a rusty dagger.
Alisha chapter 1 . 2/29/2016
Awww. Tonks would have probably stayed behind with Teddy had she known. It could be argues if she did the right thing
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
Im confused. Is that girl Cassie Freds daughter? Or does he just hate her cause he was with Katie?
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
I think this is a really interesting idea, and you’ve written it very well. I liked how you alternated between her time on Earth and in the afterlife. And the idea that Remus wouldn’t be able to cross over every Halloween was pretty interesting, especially with how well you explained it.

I didn’t notice many mistakes - [her hair] should probably be [his], and [his clings to] should be [he]; also, [the other spirit’s been already walked] reads a little strangely and I’m not really sure what you were trying to say here.

I think this flows very well, and I liked that she was interacting with people other than Remus - I think Fred’s section was pretty nice, and I would have liked to see more on that (though I suppose any more detail would have to come from his point of view).
Little.Miss.Xanda chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
this was also heartbreaking. It illustrates so well everything that was lost. Tonks was so young, her life just starting… It is no wonder that she seems to break a little more every time she sees her son. And Remus never able to see him. Honestly, I don't know which one of them has it worse. The emotions in this were so tangible. You wrote this so well, it's amazing.
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
Oh my word. This is fabulous and incredibly moving and I don't even have words. Seriously. I love every single word of this story, and the emotions... Gah, the feels. This is heartbreaking but also, I've just gotta say that the Fred Cameo totally made my day.
I didn't want this story to end. I was so... entranced? I just kept reading and I wanted it to carry on forever. This is amazing.
rhead-a-holyc chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
This was great! I liked how you incorporated almost all of the spirits into this, and they're all either bitter or know exactly what Tonks has been through. It's a rather odd thought (for me) to have all these bitter ghosts roaming around :D

I also liked how you decided to end this, because there's no doubt that Tonks is going to be back every Halloween, but she finally realises everything that she gave up for the war. Somehow I didn't get the feeling that she really understood that in canon, so this is great!

Thanks for this!
CUtopia chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
... you are cruel :'(
This was just so sad, poor Tonks, I feel like this, seeing her son once a year, is more cruel then never seeing him again...
But I really like how you worked through this and dealt with various aspects of the afterlife, also that ghosts can do supernatural things...
And of course Fred would use them to prank ;) Though it made me sad that he would also prank the daughter of two of his friends because he is bitter about Death.
Well done! :)
alyssialui chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
This was a nice look at how Tonks has watched Teddy grow up from afar, though only able to see him on Halloween. The little bit about Fred being upset about Oliver and Katie and that he was actually liked Oliver was interesting. However, the last section with Tonks realizing she's never actually been a mother to Teddy, though true, seems slightly out of place for the whole theme of the story. Otherwise, another well-written fic.
FandaticForeverAndAlways chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
No no no no. This was heartbreaking. :/ Throughout the story ran Tonks' yearning for her son. When the first realisation hit me, that she was invisible to Teddy, it was just plain sad.
This particular line -. . . she's just a ghost with a beating heart. - Stood out the most to be throughout. It was beautiful and filled with such angst. Poor, poor Tonks, and Remus and Teddy. They could have had so much more and yet, it's not fair.
It was very well written and touching. I need a doze of something hilarious to get over this. Brilliant work. Loved every word of it.
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
This left me feeling so sad for the Lupin family. Teddy, enjoying his life with Uncle Harry and Bill and trick-or-treating with them and having a life, not knowing his mother was visiting him, watching over him on the only day she was able to.
Tonks for only being able to see her son once a year, and having to watch him being raised by someone else. And Remus, who isn't able to even see his son - another thing his curse has taken away from him!
Very well written and perfect. I love the end because Tonks hadn't raised Teddy, so she doesn't know how to feel at that moment.
Iesh chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
A particularly haunting piece... (yes, I know it's a pretty bad pun). Seriously, this was really sad. To see Tonks simply seeing her son once a year but without able to do much. Saying that I wonder how Lily went through each halloween having to see Harry battle horrors with able to do anything... Though, I have to say I loved the glimpses into Teddy's life, especially the start. I love godfather/godson Harry/Teddy stories. Well done. :)
jennybenny2845 chapter 1 . 11/17/2015
What a heartbreaking story! I felt awful for Tonks. She clearly misses Teddy and wishes that she could be a part of his life. At least she could see him, even if she could not touch him or have him see her. I suppose that's better than nothing... or is it?

I liked the Halloween scene that you described as well as Teddy's relationship with Harry and the Weasleys. In the beginning, it appeared that he had a relatively decent family life, despite not having his biological parents around. The cameo with Fred was another great touch, and I could totally see him playing pranks on the Hogwarts students.

The last line was just heart wrenching! I really liked how you wrote this in an abstract way and I thought the overall theme did come through. Nice job!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/15/2015
Enjoyable story! Not sure what the ultimate meaning of it is...but then you said you made it abstract on purpose though so good good on that!
Screaming Faeries chapter 1 . 11/14/2015
Hey Shane!

Omg, this is almost brutally tragic from the offset. The thought of Tonks desperately believing she is about to hug Teddy for the first time and then he just flies through her...so sad. You described her anguish at this scene really well.

Teddy's childish dialect and Harry's obvious adoration was great to read!

The little ghostly description of how she comes to be there in the first place was interesting. I'm getting American Horror Story vibes from this idea!

I love the simple little things in this story, such as Andromeda keeping the plastic Jack o Lantern from Tonks' youth, and her reminiscing of her own use of it. That was sweet.

It's great that you've brought in all the other spirits, too. Lily's warning was mysterious and I'm interested to see if there's any development on that side. Remus's inability to take advantage of Halloween, as well as the emphasis of this in italics, was especially heartbreaking, and Fred's cheeky character at the feast was great to read! I adore the thought of him continuing to play pranks at any opportunity he gets.

This was a really wonderful piece. I'll be interested if you ever add anything to it!

Sophie xo