Reviews for The Haunted Manor
secret lisa chapter 1 . 7/8
That was chilling dark and incredibly sad.
Yet beautifully done
quadjot chapter 1 . 3/28/2016
This was depressing and haunting in the best way.
night.drive chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
I usually don't read stories with really serious warnings, but I'm really glad I did. This story was tragic and haunting - but it was so well written. You really understand the pain and suffering Draco went through and I'm glad Ginny decided to visit the house. I also think it's really interesting that the Trio got to see his war experiences from his perspective too. The Bellatrix part was especially tragic, but I think it works since she seems like such an unhinged character from what little we see in the books. I wonder how Ginny will attempt to get Malfoy's truth out there to the Wizarding World!
Aldrean Treu Peri chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
Wow! What a haunting tale!
AzaleaMarie chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
That did sadden me towards the end, I felt so sorry for Draco and I like the fact that you had Ginny pity him as well. It would be great to do a continuation of this fic, perhaps centred on Ginny becoming obsessed with Draco despite his death, and with telling his story... But, sometimes a sequel can ruin a fic.

Great fic anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing.
rowan-greenleaf chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
Wow. That was certainly disturbing. I'm very sad now. :(
I found this very affecting and what that means, of course, is that it was well written. Not your usual HP Halloween fic, and a gothic/noir style that I don't typically associate with you; good job stepping out of the box to deliver something creative and emotive. Sometimes a tragic ending is exactly right, and this is one of those times. Well done!
Nutmeg44 chapter 1 . 11/5/2015
Wow! This story was actually very scary and so sad. I could picture the memory of Draco being trapped with all those malevolent spirits. Without seeing it, I could see a depressed lonely Draco making the decision to take his own life to escape the torment.

Beautiful and painful.
Boogum chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
So this was completely unexpected, and I love it so much because of that! Normally I'm all 'waah, tragic ending! Y u do this?', but it just fits for this story. I would not have had the ending any other way.

I like that you didn't shy from touching on the trauma both Ginny and Draco obviously would have faced during the war, but I also appreciate that you didn't get too detailed with everything - especially the suicide, etc. Those can be trigger subjects, and it's always nice to see them handled in a more tasteful way.

I had all these other things to say, but I snuck in reading this at work, so I'm going to have to close up now. Suffice to say I really enjoyed this and am glad I read it.
MyLadyElise chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
I have to say that this story is definitely the most frightening thing I've ever read in fanfiction, and one of the saddest too. It honestly left me a little shaken, though I took your warning seriously. My own family has been touched by suicide and it is such a difficult subject to tackle, but you did it well. You didn't sensationalise or romanticise it (which I have too often seen). It was brutal and honest and my heart bled for Draco.
Lady Arabella Malfoy chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
I was really at the end of my chair the entire fic! The ending was like a cold shower. Superb!
newdog14 chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
Daaaaaamn. That was way scarier than I anticipated. And sadder. Good work though. Really unexpected though.
RummyMalfoy chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
wow that was fantastic. What a great, suspenseful halloween fic. It was inspired the same feeling of walking through haunted attractions. It was brilliant!
Great little fic. Totally sad and I was so upset with the twist of him being a memory at the end but loved it all the same.
Miss-Talkative chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
It's been a long time since I've read fan fiction, I have to say Jess this was very cleverly done. I liked how you incorporated Draco's memories into the tour. Great one shot!