Reviews for This Time The Potters
I never did understand why HH didn't use The Wand to compel (the obliviate) Albus to release especially Remus from his vow?
I hope Snape and the rest of the people who live alone didn't have pets that would starve/thirst to death without their owners there to feed and water them...
I think part of the problem with Remus in this story is HH's own fault - he never truly cared enough about Remus or respected him enough to genuinely spend the time with him to get Remus to honestly connect with him. Remus isn't stupid, he overly respects Albus b/c of the loyalty oaths and for his education, and he has a strong moral code, and HH basically ran roughshod over all of that.
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 8/27
Hydrus seemed sadder over Dumbledore’s death than I would have expected, considering how annoyed he frequently became with the old man — he and Sirius, as well.

It’s too bad Remus couldn’t let go of his Dumbledore worship in order to know Harry better. This Remus was a lot like the one I’ve seen in many fics — “poor me, someone ruined my life.”

In his case, sadly, it was Hydrus whose actions unintentionally caused Remus’s upsets, and he owns it and regrets it. But I can’t blame Hydrus for wanting to save his parents. Nor can I blame him for wanting to get rid of the murderous DEs. Most importantly, in this timeline, he finally got to truly know his parents as actual people rather than ghosts. I still think Remus CHOSE to be unhappy. He reminds me of Snape's usual lament.

I’m glad Hydrus found a love with whom to share his immortality. I am officially a senior citizen, and I am definitely more aware of my own mortality lately. In these “Immortal Harry” stories, I feel sorry for Harry, I think living forever is just too long. It’s too bad Harry can’t experience a peaceful life without all of the endless drama.

Well, it was an interesting ride. Thanks for sharing.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 8/27
With whom is Walburga working? Hmmmm … Remus? In this incarnation of himself, I wouldn’t put it past him. It seems that Remus needs to lose all of his “pack” — James, Lily, Peter, Sirius, baby Harry — and be completely alone and desolate for a while before he is capable of snapping back and behaving like a Mensch.

Think about it … In the other incarnations, Remus is able to recover and (after a lot of whining and moaning), step up, and do what needs to be done. What is the difference? This time, James and Lily survived. Since James was the Pack Leader, Remus didn’t really lose anyone but Peter, the Betrayer. Does it take major loss for Remus to “reboot” his thinking?

Lily’s huffing so much, she sounds like an older, annoying Hermione.

Ugh! Just what you want invading your space at your Boxing Day Ball … Dumbledore. The man is so nosy. I can’t shake the feeling that he is the one behind the original killing of the Potters, probably dropping deliberate “hints” and such. He is so convinced that Harry is the prophecy child that he seems bound and determined to make it a fact. Lily and James would do their best to impede his machinations, which would be his excuse for getting rid of them. I guess I’ll have to wait and see.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 8/27
Is McGonagall the cat? Is that how Albus finds the house?
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 8/27
Dumbledore really is a B*****d, the way he outed Hydrus as the Potters’ secret keeper. James was being intelligent, but Dumbledore can’t stand not being in control of information.

I read another fiction where he pulled a similar thing on Remus which cost him his job. From “893” by Yanagi-wa:

“Remus Lupin … needed a job. He'd been fired again, for two reasons. One, he'd missed too many days; two, Dumbledore had let it slip that he was a were by asking him, right in the shop, if he'd contacted Damon Withers yet. Damon Withers was well known as the alpha of a werewolf pack. So, he was out of two things, a job, and patience with Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.”

And Dumbledore, as a wily politician and practiced speaker, knows exactly what he is saying … always. He uses such tricks to put people at a disadvantage. Then he offers a sop worth nothing to make it SEEM like he’s trying to help. This trick of revealing James’s secret keeper was low. They should re-ward the Potter house and re-do the Fidelius.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 8/26
Since Lily is still alive, Snape feels no regrets or remorse yet. If he has also not made any vows yet to Albus, then he is not yet feeling trapped between two demanding masters and consigned to teaching potions to Dunderheads. Not enough has happened yet, I suppose, to make Snape start feeling desperate.

As for Remus, is he possibly under any compulsions or spells to mistrust Sirius? Might Dumbledore be “priming” him for events he expects to come? If he is planning for Sirius to wind up “out of the picture,” he will need Remus to cooperate. I don’t know. Remus just seems “off.”
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 8/26
Are Remus’s scruples (for want of a better word) just a reflection of Dumbledore’s “unlimited forgiveness opportunities “? Actually, only the DEs and other criminals are ever granted these “second chances,” really. Dumbledore apparently doesn’t feel “good” people need second chances, so he doesn’t really lose any sleep if they die or are injured fighting for him (with his stupid “stun only” restrictions). I guess they are considered “acceptable losses.” Well, that is how his “logic” feels to me, anyway.

I also feel that Remus has an exaggerated sense of loyalty to Dumbledore for allowing him to go to Hogwarts. Yes, it was right to feel gratitude, but is Dumbledore going to capitalize on that gratitude, and for how long? In canon, he was capitalizing on it in Harry’s third year and again after Voldy’s rebirth, when he began sending Remus on missions to recruit among the werewolves. And why is he the only Werewolf ever to have attended — in recent decades, anyway? Why just Remus? Why has no other were since Remus been asked or admitted? Seems kind of “fishy” to me.

Hydrus was in control during the last time jump. Remus eventually came around and agreed with Hydrus. But could Dumbledore manipulate Remus into compromising the Potters this time? I think so. Like Hermione, Remus has a bad case of Dumbledore worship. JMHO.
Apollo D'Arc chapter 20 . 8/7
Thanks for the Story, Author.
isabellaevamara chapter 20 . 8/5
what happened to hermione in the 3rd timeline
Polydicta chapter 20 . 8/4
And again ... that was a damn-good-read.
blcoachmac chapter 7 . 7/22
Why do I feel Dumbledore will be a bigger problem than Voldemort?
blcoachmac chapter 4 . 7/22
Remus needs to get his head out of his arse! Or Hydrus won't kill him, Lily will!
blcoachmac chapter 3 . 7/22
Someone has always got to be an asshole! Remus in this story!
1,179 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »