Reviews for Abyss
Celeste38 chapter 22 . 11/5/2016
Great fic!

I love how you addressed April stringing Donnie along, and had her own up to her behaviour and apologize for it. Loved how you've had April and Donnie talk about it, and make peace about how she treated him and are stll friends.

Loved April's relationship with the Professor, that was probably my favorite part about this story.

I really liked that you didn't villanize Y'Gythgba to make April and Raph have some fluffy happy ending. That you had her have genuine affection for Raph during their relationship, be put in a compromising position where she had to follow Dregg's orders or watch her own planet suffer, and lash out when her dear friend died as a result of it.

I liked that April was able to stop her, and she had some sense knocked into her and regret lashing out so violently and apologized for what she had done wthout expecting forgiveness. I wish Raph was able to see that message, but completely understood Fugitoid's reasoning for deleting it and keeping it to himself.

Loved Fugitiod's protectiveness of the group in this fic.

I really like that you didn't take the predictable route here. I mean, you did a little bit with April being "right" about Y'Gythgba (only due to the forced deal with Dregg which resulted in Y'Gythgba's friend getting killed-if it went the way things went in the show things would have been okay), but you put a realistic twist on it. Raph's heart was broken, he forgave April and felt guilty that she almost died saving him, but you didn't take the lazy way out and throw them together as a couple at the end (even though I'm sure you were tempted to because you clearly ship them).

As it stands they're working on mending their friendship, and
Guest chapter 15 . 9/25/2016
at first I had high hopes for this story.
until i read THIS chapter.
WHY THE FUK MAN?
Guest chapter 5 . 9/25/2016
Raph just took the words right out of my mouth! Screw Raphril LONG LIVE RAMONA!
Commander Allie chapter 22 . 8/4/2016
Aww that's a good ending! Of course kisses make me happy, but it would've felt out of place for him to suddenly kiss her. Thanks for such an amazing story!
shelshokd chapter 22 . 7/31/2016
* takes a deep breath* ... Aaaaahhhhhh!
Can't believe it's THE END!
This story was so perfect! I know you struggled with keeping to canon at the end but you pulled it out with a very believable and satisfying end. It would be really cool to see a sequel someday, set a few years into the future to check in and see how things are shaking out between Raph and April. Especially if Raph found out about Mona Lisa's apology. ( You KNOW secrets like that tend to not stay secret for ever!) However, even if you don't, this story stands alone quite exceptionally and leaves us readers with plenty of tasty stuff for our imaginations to chew on! Very well done!

Great job on a very well thought out and emotionally charged story! You are truly a word wizard! I absolutely love the tenuous reboot of Raph and April's relationship, and the pervasive love and affection April tries so hard to bestow upon Donatello as they journey to heal their relationship as well. Absolutely perfect wrap up!

Thanks as always for sharing your talent! Fantastic work! Hugs! ;-)
Commander Allie chapter 20 . 7/27/2016
Well, at least Raph and April are talking a little bit more now. I loved Chompy. 3
shelshokd chapter 20 . 7/24/2016
Aaaaaaaa! So good! Get the next one up soon PLEEEEZE! Biting my nails off!
:O
shelshokd chapter 19 . 7/10/2016
Very nice chapter. Time to offer and accept forgiveness and move on! Looking forward to seeing these relationships move on from here. Will be good to see them moving through their healing processes!

Thanks for this one,it was perfect!
;-)
Commander Allie chapter 19 . 7/9/2016
Oh thank goodness the fight is over. Good for April and Raph on being mature and having a polite discussion. I'm glad April is finally awake.
stevenswaifu chapter 18 . 6/29/2016
This is like the best chapter ever! I love it so much! We finally got that talk between Raph and Donnie and it was incredible! I love it so much!
shelshokd chapter 18 . 6/25/2016
Aaaaahhhhhh! How could you end it there?! Aaaaaaahhhhhhh *Pulling my hair out*

I can see why this chapter was such bugger. That was a lot to get through. Damn, so much agonizing pain for everyone. And now Aprils waking up and what's gonna happen now? Uggh I can't imagine how you're going to manage to finish this in just a few chapters!

Guess I'll just have to wait and see, darn it! In the immortal words of Indigo Montoya 'I hate waiting ' (bet you thought it'd be the other immortal words, huh? )

Really great chap! ;-) Still on the edge of my seat!
Commander Allie chapter 18 . 6/25/2016
Oh goodness next chapter will be emotional. ;_; The pain will go away, Raph. Heartache really does hurt.
tealana chapter 17 . 6/16/2016
Wow awesome story. Update please.
ImpartingAbyss chapter 16 . 6/13/2016
Omg where did u go ? I'm dieing lol I need mooooree! (Sobbing)
Winterbornbree chapter 17 . 6/6/2016
Hi there! My first time reviewing this.

The one thing I was really impressed with in this story was April's (and on a lower scale, Donnie's) character development.

With April, I really liked the stages she went through and the realization and regret that she was just stringing Donnie along all this time. Her self-realization just made her a stronger and more mature character in my eyes.

With Donnie, I was definitely expecting a reaction, but not really one of forgiveness. That definitely surprised me in a good way.
I have a headcanon (sorry if I'm randomly springing this on you) that if Donnie were to be rejected, he'd deal with it his own way. He won't ever completely stop loving her, but that love would manifest into loyalty and protectiveness instead. I kinda saw something similar flicker here and there.

Raph, to me, is on morally gray ground. On one hand, I can understand his reaction towards April's confession: you don't just let someone yank around your family member like that and she needed to be called out. However, his antagonistic attitude in the following days wasn't really called for - especially with him shoving her at different points when she was just trying to help or protect him.

Now with him nearly losing his life to a woman he thought he loved (it truly made no sense to me for a couple to fall in genuine love that fast; he barely knew her. And the shippers didn't make it any easier to deal with), and April falling seriously ill from overexerting herself, Raph has some soul searching to do (and an apology for his part in this entire mess).

I'm not criticizing your writing, but rather judging the characters based on the story here. You did a marvelous job in making this reader have something to think about.

I look forward to the next update.
-Winterbornbree