Reviews for Kirk's War
PHXYote chapter 16 . 6/26/2016
Holy shot this is some intense action! Great sci-fi (I hope!).
tanseynz chapter 27 . 3/22/2016
I completely agree with tour comment that the two have flipped positions. Spock has found himself after so long, and Sarek, to use the vernacular, is just going to have to suck it up as his son is not about to let him die of neglect. My only question is, where is Amanda? If canon, she would not have let Sarek get that bad before doing something.
Kirk is definitely in deep if Coyran gets his way, but why did he choose Graham, of all people, to get Kirk into isolation and drugged? She betrayed Coyran and his ship so I would think he'd be more likely to drug her along with Kirk.
Look forward to seeing where this takes us, plot or no plot! ;-)
tanseynz chapter 26 . 3/19/2016
I get so excited when I see a new chapter of Kirk's War arriving in my inbox, especially now with so much action going on.
Wtg Spock! Sarek is borderline idiotic not looking to his own health now the immediate threat is over, and clearly Sten, concerned as he is, can't force the issue the way Spock is now able to do.
So glad Graham is OK, and Jumpero is getting ancy now things aren't going quite the way he thought.
Coyran is in for some serious grief, and it couldn't happen to a more deserving candidate, unless Sybok was re-energised.
tanseynz chapter 25 . 3/16/2016
Such courage from Graham! Riley took a while but having his gunner agree clearly helped him decide where his loyalties lay. Not really a commander type. But having his ship used as target practise by Vulcan, even to him, doesn't sound like a valid order from a superior. And now they know the Potemkin's commander is a willing part of the plot, thanks to Graham.
tanseynz chapter 24 . 3/13/2016
Ugh! A double cross over a double cross. This is such a Marcus thing to do, to initiate another war. For what, though?
Theresa471 chapter 24 . 3/13/2016
In my judgement the best chapter to date.
bexxe chapter 23 . 3/8/2016
Again a twist I didnt see...and I feel for Sarek as well as Kirk and Spock. They all need a lot of healing. And what's up with the Potemkin?
tanseynz chapter 23 . 3/8/2016
Best chapter of both stories. You really put the reader right into everything going on, not just the observed actions but into Kirk's damaged psyche and his resistance, acceptance and then rejection once he realised Sarek's heart problem. Incredibly emotive piece of writing, and great to see you not holding back as occasionally you do.
This is your real writing, and it's powerful!
bexxe chapter 22 . 3/2/2016
Okay..what just happened! That was a quick and brutal turn of events. Spock handled that so well but I hope he doesn't suffer the consequences of throwing off his shielding. Wow.
tanseynz chapter 22 . 2/28/2016
He had a plan! Brilliant Spock, and brilliant Kirk to find the knife.
Surely the scanner should show Starfleet Sybok is gone.
bexxe chapter 21 . 2/28/2016
This is a bad turn of events I didnt see coming. I hope Spock has a plan that's better than Sybok's.
TFT chapter 20 . 2/25/2016
What Tanseynz wrote! Did not see that coming.
tanseynz chapter 21 . 2/25/2016
Is it Spock still has some small feeling for Kirk that he tries to divert Sybok from him, or is it part of a plan to get Sybok vulnerable? He might be insane, but evidently not stupid, therefore will Kirk be the single sacrificed for the welfare of the many?
The cliff is mighty sheer!
tanseynz chapter 20 . 2/23/2016
Oh my - that was unexpected. A long game indeed or is it a detour or even a well thought out plan that will put Kirk exactly where he needs to be, even though he wasn't part of the planning?
My inclination is towards the latter, but maybe I'm just a romantic who can't imagine Spock knowingly feeding Kirk to the wolves.
Best cliffhanger I've read in ages!
tanseynz chapter 19 . 2/16/2016
Why does it feel megashit is about to hit the fan? Spock is extremely vulnerable right now, and maybe isn't telling Kirk something he needs to know, maybe.
You're getting more expert at leaving readers on their toes - great writing!