Reviews for Metro City Zombie War
tara.kearnsprice chapter 1 . 8/7
please add more to this story! I've reread it a bunch of times but I really want to see where you are going with this , its hands down my favorite fan fic
Coeus chapter 18 . 7/31
This is honestly one of the best fanfics I have read, it is absolutely amazing and you should be extremely proud of it. You've got the main characters personalities down, you've made drama that doesn't overtake the plot and is geniunly interesting, and you can literally feel the stress and tension boiling with each chapter. I'm excited to see what you've got in store for us in the next chapter. :)
Just found this story, and stayed up till 2 reading it.
It’s very, well, not fun, cause it covers some pretty horrible stuff, but very it’s absorbing and I can’t wait for the next update!
Really would like to see some more reactions from outside the safe zone. Both citizens trapped and hearing about MM’s efforts as well as those “safely” outside the city. The villain from Chicago’s POV, as someone trying to prevent his own city from being quarantined, would be interesting.
This was amazing I hope u update soon
Hi, I'm a big fan of your work and I really hope you're going to continue to write this story. I'm really invested and you can see how much time you spend on each chapter, it's a truly amazing read!
eat me chapter 18 . 6/14
Good story, I'm looking forward to more. Too bad Megamind is determined to ID the zombies for their next of kin. Otherwise he could dehydrate them en mass and crush the cubes. Much easier than head shooting all of them.
Since they can't get through the army they ought to go over them (like Megamind takes some people, dehydrates them, puts their blue cubes in a cannon along with a contIner of wayer that shatters upon impact, and shoots them over the army far enough that the army can't see them when they rehydrate) or go under them ( like tunnel them out somehow to far enough away that the army doesn't see them reemerging from the ground). But that's just what I think. Can't wait to see what ends up happening!
MoragOctober chapter 18 . 5/16
I can't wait for the next chapter! This story is fantastic and I love it so much. I was skeptical that I would enjoy it at first because combining a zombie apocalypse narrative with the tone of Megamind felt a bit jarring and discordant but you've really nailed it! The building and infrastructure logistics as just as interesting as the romance, although of course the romance is written beautifully as well. I wish you were able to have this published as a 'real' book a la 50 shades because you are incredibly talented and deserve to have your accomplishments recognised _ 3
Dee chapter 18 . 4/7
Love this - obsessed with it all the way to this point, I hope there's more coming :) Great story.
Megsmind needs to lock those 4 in a room until they can sort this out. Or throw them out of his gates (among the zombies) until they get their act together. Also I was wondering why does Megamind have to shoot all the zombies through the head when he could freeze them all into cubes and keep them like that for now. They can't keep the city quarantined if they get rid of all the zombies and then threaten to use those zombies on the people quarantining them after all. Just a thought.
I hope that Megsmind and Roxanne do end up getting a room some time soon so to speak. Sex is a great stress reliever or so I heard and they can finally get around to sharing how they're both in love with each other. They can just barricade themselves in one of those rooms and haveMinion stand guard to make sure no one disturbs them
joanhello chapter 18 . 3/14
Okay, other commenters have said a lot of the appreciations I feel, so I'll try to put in some that no one has said yet.

First of all, in the conversation with Doris, I was greatly amused by the "if you weren't living in sin...there hadn't been any sinning yet" bit.

The supervillainous Overlord nervously fingering his cape is the cutest.

The scalpers are a good invention. I wouldn't have thought of it, but of course there will be people who take advantage of the situation.

Of course Roxanne is strong and handy enough to help erect a sturdy shed. And of course he works with her. None of this traditional sex role nonsense for Megamind!

Once again, I love how much this supposedly evil villain cares about ordinary people. Planning for an orphanage, an infirmary, a breach of the blockade to get food, and he goes on the hospital run personally.

When he vowed re-vange, did he unknowingly vow the overthrow of the entire Federal government? Or at least the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
AmythestDreams1991 chapter 18 . 3/7
I wondered how long until Noelle struck out against Hank and Jessica. Just was waiting for that lmao. And I love this story so much!
Kiarachu chapter 18 . 3/5
I liked the part where he was discussing make up with Roxanne, and I laughed when Bernard interjected XD
I hope he would find those who are selling stamps for the free zone, and punish them, and I also hope that he would find who spread the virus.
It's good that they took some supplies from the hospital, and ah, the cliffhanger at the end, but I almost saw that coming (eventually)
I wonder how Megamind would work on that issue...
Elf Kid2.0 chapter 18 . 3/4
This. This is excellent. I must have read this chapter five times already; it's great.

Doris is excellent, and the scene with her grandkids, and the goodbyes, and all of it, was extremely effective and emotionally moving. The bit where they shot her and put her in a plastic bag, because they were out of tuperware... Wow. Good stuff. Can I assume that those dehydrated for medical reasons have labels with their names, medical conditions, etc. listed?

The bit with Tony and Bernard was excellent. It really should be surprising that Tony would assume he was in for a beating for disobeying orders. His attitude towards it says a lot about how henchmen are usually treated. Bernard's reaction was also interesting and telling. Meanwhile, Megamind's just thinking about how to set up a clinic, rescue children, and set up a good orphanage! ...and scowling ominously as he does so, no doubt. I really like the contrast between how he thinks and how he comes across. It is very good to read.

The bit where he was approaching Roxanne was excellent. Very nice, yes. He's surprised at scaring them away; he thought they were getting used to him! I think that blowing a guy up yesterday, then gluing an insubordinate henchman to a chair and having a screaming row with your girlfriend might be a factored in their renewed fear, Megamind!

Also, his conversation with Roxanne was very cute, and I liked Bernard's interjection. I have to wonder which direction Bernard's shifting perception of the Overlord is shifting to. Megamind wanting to take her out for breakfast at a coffee shop was very sweet and cute, and his frustration at the zombie apocalypse preventing that was funny and bittersweet. He may be frustrated with not being able to give more, but he may be underestimating the value of what he can give.

The scene with the railroad tracks and the broadcast was very well-written. I am very curious about outside response, and I suspect that Silver Knight may pay a visit at some point. I suspect that if she does come, she'll be met by aimed guns and suspicious people contacting the Overlord. Some people in other cities may use these broadcasts to advice their own defense- and survival-plans. Yes, I am very curious about reactions to the broadcast.

Children in hiding. The need for a children's home. Yes. Good writing. Clinic. Yes. All of the yes.

The rescue triage was excellent; the scene was both informative and hilarious. I liked the female cop, and the conversation, and the bit where Megamind almost burst out laughing. Glad that Bernard is getting the help. The debate about rescue efforts was very well done, as was the "Isn't that invasive"/"Why yes, it is," bit.

The hospital run was excellent, horrific, and appropriately fear-inducing. The bit about the babies was just... Wow. I vote Yes on the revenge. I am somewhat suspicious of the military in all this, as well.

Ooh my, looks like the Jessica/Hank/Noells thing finally came to a head! The only question is, what exactly happened? Hank is closest to Jessica at the moment. Was he the attacked? If so, why? Bernard appears to be holding Noelle back, but in a hand-on-the-shoulder let's-be-reasonable way, not a physically-preventing-a-violent-attack sort of way, it looks like. Hmm. She is the most obvious suspect, of course, but not necessarily the (only?) guilty party. The fact that they went for the head, so as to prevent zombification if murder happened, was a very good detail. We might just have a trial on our hands. Quite possibly, someone will be thrown to the alligators. Everyone involved is someone Megamind and/or Roxanne knows, and they are all useful to the community. Hoo boy, this is going to be difficult. And troublesome. It's great.

This is an excellent, excellent story. It is well-written, well paced, exciting, interesting, and emotionally compelling. I am greatly enjoying it. Thank You so much for writing this! :D