Reviews for Little Hope
zoe alice chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
O Aragorn, how I love thee. And how I love to read stories from your perspective, book or movie.
Galatyn Renner chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
Wow. Great job on Aragorn's POV, and also on working the details of his equiptment into the narrative.
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 11/29/2004
I really loved this story. Are you planing on doing more like this?
JastaElf chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
Oh, Eledhwen, this is just lovely... a nice little piece of back-story filler, with Hama restored to his rightful place so he can be hewed at the gate... (sob!)

Points up an interesting thing tho, and something that crossed my mind when I saw the movie: this version of Legolas makes him far, FAR less sympathetic than the book!Leggy. He's petulant, bitter, angry... where is our merry, singing, compassionate Elfling? I'm left with the feeling (and this isn't a bad thing by any means, just a sad fact of life from the movie!verse) that the Rohirrim don't like Legolas very much, don't understand why he would bother to be there, don't necessarily want him present. Which is sad... because I think he really does honour their sacrifice.

Your story helps fill in some missing bits, and makes all the more poignant the fact that we know Hama won't survive the battle. A very fine job all around!
Lyllyn chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
Very nicely done. You have really captured the 'voices' well.

I did feel a bit of a jar at the mixed book and movieverse, IIRC, in the movie Háma dies in the warg attack. It didn't keep me from enjoying this, however.
Starfolk17 chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
Nicely done indeed; a lovely fleshing out of one of my favorite parts of TTT. I have a small nit, though I may be mistaken. Was it not Hama who was killed by the orc scout's warg (movie, not book)? A small detail, easily fixed if need be.

I have enjoyed your LOTR work, and am always happy to find writers who share my love for Aragorn. Thank you.
Klose chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
Aww...

Why do so many of my reviews start out like that? I have no idea. Anyhow, it's a nice blend of book-verse and movie-verse you've got here! Not too intense- which is good- and the characterisation is still sound. I didn't like the way movie!Hama was killed either... having his head ripped off by a Warg? Jeez, it was just plain cruel.
shirebound chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
Marvelous! What a wonderful vignette, so full of meaning, so balanced between one moment and the next. You fill in this missing gap so perfectly.
LegyLuva chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
A very touching story. Please carry it on. This story mirrors exactly what I imagined Aragorn to be thnking at this moment in time. Well done! :-)