Reviews for On The Cusp
Feanariel chapter 1 . 9/11/2016
Indeed, ROTS has many moments which are perfect for exploring what-if scenarios. This is a great vignette set at such a crucial moment. I like your description of Anakin's thought process and Dooku's reactions.
Darth Becky 726 chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
So good! This should've been how that scene went. Excellent job.
QueenPersephoneofHades chapter 1 . 12/5/2015
OH MY GOD THAT LAST LINE THO.
This whole story is excellent, but that last line... man. That really hit home for me; I've always wondered how Anakin would react if he truly realized what he was doing throughout ROTS, how far he'd fallen since the beginning... and that line just perfectly illustrated it. I love it. You, sir/madam/person, have a very great talent for writing Anakin Skywalker. I applaud you.
novelreader chapter 1 . 12/5/2015
I love the ending to this: "Maybe he is the one too dangerous to be kept alive." It kind of defines Anakin's one and only weakness: Letting go. And that has major consequences.

Dooku's sudden respect for Anakin and his appraisal shows more depth in his character. People kind of go which and whatever ways with him, he's never definite as a character. To me he was a once noble Jedi master who was manipulated by his firm grasp in his ideals, he has an extreme view of justice and his loss of faith for the Republic and The Jedi has probably made him realize that they must be destroyed in order to maintain justice because they invite and encourage corruption. It was probably something he didn't like doing but in his head thought it was a necessary evil and that's probably what his new view of the Sith was when he joined the Dark Side never realizing that the awful corruption of the Senate was the Sith's doing as much as it was the Jedi's inaction to do anything was. In my mind, while there's some bad aspects of him obviously, he's not really that bad, so he didn't deserve the death he got and also I wish the Star Wars franchise, T.V and movies, showed a bit more of his character. He's live a Dark Obi-Wan. I mean come on, kinda got to wonder what that's like. In my opinion a Dark Obi-Wan is scarier then Darth Vader... well okay that's debatable.

Anyway another great one-shot of "COME ON! THIS SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED!". Would have been much more better if Palpatine didn't play any part in making Anakin's decision and it was his alone. You can clearly see that Anakin was unsure or whether to kill Dooku. He wasn't in psychopathic mode like he was with the Raiders. But Palpatine being part certainly made it seem like he's already gotten a hold of Anakin already. RoTS made me sad, in my opinion, really emphasized Anakin's slave mentality with how he just kept doing what Palpatine/Sidious ordered. Seriously Obi, why didn't you take the kid to a psychiatrist! He was a slave child for most his life, easily malleable, and Palpatine put his claws in well. It's like Anakin was programmed to follow his orders probably due to some conditioning at their one on one time. Seriously Palpatine is one scary villain, and hateful too. I prefer the power houses like Vader rather then the manipulative and cunning like Sidious.
angelrider13 chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
Yes. This. All of this. Perfect. Yes, Ani. Look around you and actually SEE. Definitely one of the moment where I was shouting at fictional characters in my living room. I like this version better.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
Great. Really great.
BladedBlossom chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
I like this alternate take on the scene. I always thought if Obi-Wan could have called to Anakin at the crucial moment, Dooku would have been spared. You made Anakin quite believable here.
Anonymous Rex chapter 1 . 11/6/2015
This was excellently done. I loved it from start to finish.
Keep writing!