Reviews for To Save The Edain
momothenono chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
awww poor Celeborn
wendwriter chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
I hate to be a big fat meanie, dear, but Galadriel is either very understanding or bloody stupid! How, in this AU, does a woman put up with being cuckolded by the help? You forgot to mention whether or not the lovers are being discreet. If they're doing this in front of her, she'll lose respect for not being able to manage her household. If they're doing this behind her back, sooner or later others will catch on and the rumours will start. Or the other half will give himself away and then there will be fireworks. Or perhaps I am completely wrong and basically G is Hilary Clinton as an Elf. I'd accept that, but that kind of "take it on both cheeks" attitude can warp a person. Come to think of it, you could have some serious fun with that...

I personally know a woman who was cheated on, and it was another man. She nearly went insane questioning her own adequacy as a wife and as a woman - I can go into further details if you wish. The happy never-never land where people can boink to their hearts' content with anyone they wish cannot exist because you'd have to be a robot to live like that. Emotions like jealousy and insecurity get in the way, you see. AU or not, every story needs an internal logic, dear!

You are not the only one who writes these "swing" fics, but maybe you will be the one who gets past her own ego and doesn't get annoyed with a review like this. And the next fic you write, slash or not, will be the better for it because you will have factored in relationship issues so the story will be resonant and memorable. Good luck, and do keep writing - you have a talent that is well worth developing and exercising.
pumpkinchao chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
This story is beautiful. The final sentence is lovely. I think the image of Celeborn placing the niphredil at the grave will last in my memory for a long time.
ice and fire vanessa chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
dis is touching. i never thot that a G fic would move me to tears
Esgalordwen chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Hello Clio! :D I really liked this fic. Eventhough it seems that Haldir and Celeborn are in a slash relationship it was really sweet.
I even wouldn't mind seeing another chapter or so added to this. I think it would be interesting to see what happens after Haldir and Celeborn meet up again and what happens between them. Will they be together? Etc.
There isnt much criticizm that I can give you. Im sorry! Its just very well written!
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
That was very sad... Especially the part where Aragorn told Celeborn he was buried under an unmarked grave.

Sad, and yet beautiful. I loved every word of it.
Kaedama Seii too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
Beautiful...I love that you chose Ariel as the most etheral creature. I agree whole heartedly.
Casey Toh chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
Awesome fic. One that portrays the love between both of them without going into too much details. :)
Idenna chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
That's so sweet. _ You definitely deserve more reviews. And Orophin gets a part! The world needs more Orophin.

Funny, when Haldir fell in the movie the first time I saw it (premiere day in Australia...I have no life...) I stood up in the cinema and belted out "THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN, SO HE'S NOT DEAD!" at the top of my lungs. The second time I saw it, I just bawled instead. My friends now refuse to see it with me any more. _;

Don't denegrate your writing. You're very good, and you have my word on the matter. It's about time I reviewed some of your pieces to boot. My stupid email server is being idiotic, so I'll tell you here that I finally updated my fic. Ack, I'm hopeless.

Well, I have reading to do and not much time to do it in. (I need someone to thump me for each cliche I spit out, truly).

Ja!

~Laureacale
Nene chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
Awwww...touching. Very good job Clio, liked it a lot Haldir is cool :)
shirebound chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
Oh my, I'm just in tears! This is so beautiful. I especially love the lines, "...his people, who were so courageously risking their lives for a war that was no longer theirs." and "Kneeling before the humble Rohirric headstone that honored so many, Celeborn placed a single white flower, a niphredil of Lórien at its base. He murmured a simple Elvish prayer, and looked towards the setting sun." Wow. Thank you for sharing this gem.