Reviews for Nights Like These
Prince Pondincherry chapter 1 . 3/10
Several days later, the White Fang caused an explosion in downtown Vale, releasing Grimm into the city. With no one there to stop them, there was massive loss of life, maybe even distracting the few Huntsmen left in Vale and not out escorting students on their missions for long enough that Cinder could steal the Fall Maiden's powers, kill Ozpin, and destroy the CCT. If only there had been Huntresses in training on site to stall the Grimm...if only Ozpin had had some incentive to break the rules and allow those Huntresses to go to Mountain Glenn...but alas, it was not to be, for Ruby Rose enjoyed her evening with her date and didn't wander off from the dance, so she didn't fight Cinder Fall and get called in to talk to the Headmaster.

Alternately:

Ruby and Weiss were interrupted from gazing at each other lovingly when they saw someone suspiciously running over the buildings. Ruby went off to chase the intruder, and in her comfortable shoes, she fared better than she might have had she been wearing heels. Meanwhile, Weiss went off to get Professors Ozpin and Goodwitch, who arrived in time to arrest the interloper. The day was saved.
AgentDraakis chapter 1 . 3/3
Wow.

I know that this is just a one-shot, but seriously, if you could spin this into a whole AU story I would totally read the sh*the our if it!

Damn fine work!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2016
Nice story :)
GrnDrgnzrd chapter 1 . 4/11/2016
Still just as good the second time reading this. :)
ShadowSoldier23 chapter 1 . 1/26/2016
Jesus Christ, my heartstrings. Well paced, great character loyalty (what I call "keeping personalities in canon"), I loved that it was from Weiss's point of view to show there is depth to her instead of just priss, I actually really like the idea of Ruby having that mature side but wanting to keep bubbly because it's her way of dealing with life's suckishness. I like to think she has that deep inside otherwise leadership would just not make sense.

And the sweetness! Good googly moogly! I'm rambling but I really enjoyed this. It had substance with the sweet and that's satisfying. I look forward to you potentially writing more for these two dorks and I will continue to love your Elsanna work.

Great job!
Tear of Light chapter 1 . 1/25/2016
This was really beautiful. So much so. I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it was reading this. Your writing is just amazing.
KatonRyu chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
I really like the buildup and the way you write both Weiss and Ruby. The pacing is spot on and the entire time the feelings and emotions of all the characters are clear. Really awesome job with this one!

Thom - KatonRyu
Master Kosa chapter 1 . 11/14/2015
This was surprisingly good, considering the general quality of WR fics as of late. Very pleasant surprise, especially for the mature side of Ruby.
Well written, catch once and never let go story that is for the initial "angst" (I would call it character development) more than just rewarding. I hope to see more fics like this in the future!
AD Lewis chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
Adorable! That's all I can say!

A really sweet one shot that made my morning a bit happier after reading it :)

(Follows in case of sequel :D)
lazy nerd -w-b chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
Sooo beautiful ;w;
ahhh~ the fluff :3 Really loved it :D
TheDEBinciCODE chapter 1 . 11/10/2015
Pardon my profanities but fuck yeah! This is what I've been looking for a very looooong time! That dance episode really left a bitter taste on my tongue and you know I felt the need to wash it off by reading some stories containing intolerable amounts of fluffiness. And gladly, I've found it. A well-written, realistic canon verse story of how things may end up between Ruby and Weiss. Screw Neptune. I'm going down with the ship!
suomynonAX chapter 1 . 11/9/2015
That was sooo cute~ Ah, why couldn't this have happened in canon? This exemplifies what a teammate and partner should do when they see their other half down in the dumps: go comfort them~

Nice flow and pace, and seeing Weiss' thoughts throughout really helped flesh out her character and depth.

Looking forward if you have anymore White Rose stories~
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2015
This was adorable, but I absolutely hate it when people go the "Ruby is only pretending to be immature" route. That's ridiculous. She's dumb as a brick but sweet as candy, and that's why I love her character. The depth doesn't come from some facade, it comes from the fact that there's such a lack of depth, she's not even capable of evil thoughts.
KibaPT chapter 1 . 11/9/2015
I really miss reading fluff White Rose fics. *I bow to your awesomeness.*
MaraSargon chapter 1 . 11/9/2015
I'm usually not a White Rose fan, but god damn that was heart-meltingly cute.

The only problem is that Vale is now doomed. Without Ruby intercepting Cinder and having an excuse to pass along that "tip" about Mountain Glenn, she and her team won't be there, Zwei won't accidentally lead them to the White Fang base, and Roman will be able to carry out his attack when most of Vale's defenders are out of town on missions. In other words, Ruby and Weiss got together at the worst possible time. :(