Reviews for The subtle scent of oak and onion
NewtoFF chapter 52 . 11/19/2016
A bit of a puzzle. Had to read it in one go to actually keep track of all the hints and facts bits and pieces. But I like a puzzle. So this was an interesting read!
Sequel maybe?
P.S. : I love this harry and wish there was more Ron.
Nellaus chapter 52 . 8/9/2016
I like the objective Draco and Hermione set up and the manner they apply in order to achieve the goal. The big twist about Soulmate is interesting, but as far as I can remember there are only two mentions of the scent in this story, it seems a waste of good plot device.

You must have excluded descriptions of some scenes' circumstance very deliberately, but it is too difficult for me to understand without rereading back and force. If you want readers to enjoy solving puzzles, you may want to consider writing more longer chapter in the future or edit existing chapters by merging several them into a big one. And I think you should add a scene explains Harry and Ron's thoughts before going to the cave. What circumstance Hermione was in before the beginning of the story and what she revealed to them before the meeting weren't clear, I expected they check on Imperius and Polyjuice potion at first opportunity. So when Harry and Ron sat with Draco relatively calmly, the entire scene seems to be out of order, I briefly considered not bothering the rest of the story.

Draco has no reason to just Accio Potter's file instead calling Lucy. At first the scene of Legilimency confused me a lot, and the style grew on me. But inviting Harry within his mind makes Draco vulnerable to Harry, I doubt Draco would employ such a method without a serious need of private conversation and memory sharing, or do Draco have absolute confidence in his Occulemancy skill? Speaking of Occlumency, Hermione and recruits must know Occulemancy and swear some vows or use some handy magic to protect their dire secret, some of them simply sell their secret to save their own skin without proper fail-safe when they are interrogated by torture. By the way, Blaise's last name is Zabini not Zambini.

Lastly, thank you for writing and sharing this interesting story, I enjoyed myself very much.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/3/2016
I wanted to like this story. I'm just having a difficult time understanding what the heck is going on in it. I think it has a lot of potential, but as a reader, I don't get the story line or many of the comments being made. I would suggest slowing it down and providing more insight to events.
RomanticLover1 chapter 7 . 7/30/2016
I forgot to mention this in my prior review:
I do feel that Draco and Hermione, more so Hermione, are a bit out of character. At the start she was very much in the traditional characterisation and then she did a complete backflip and I think it would be best to expand on that.
RomanticLover1 chapter 6 . 7/30/2016
I think this story has great potential. It has an interesting plot that I have not seen, and trust me, I have read a lot of fan fiction. I think you write well, a bit more detail and longer chapters (though one equals the other) would be nicer.
The only problem is that I am extremely confused by what is happening. I do believe that at the start (most likely after the first chapter) you should set up the situation prior to the story in a flashback chapter, and then resume the story, just so everything makes sense. If you have done a flashback to explain the situation, then I look forward to reading it.
Guest chapter 49 . 7/17/2016
'M confused. Didn't Molly die in the previous chapter? Anyway, keep on the good work! :)
Guest chapter 35 . 4/6/2016
I really love the way this last chapter was written. I could imagine the flowing conversation in my mind and the characters' movements. I am looking forward to the Hufflepuffs explination because I feel it will be very amusing.
Nacf chapter 35 . 4/4/2016
I really like this but you've kind of lost me. I'll have to go back and re-read the story. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 27 . 3/10/2016
This story has really pulled me in, but I am anything but slytherin in thinking. Is it bad that I feel like a lot of this has gone completely over my head? I like the story, but am really confused...
Guest chapter 22 . 2/22/2016
I really like the way you have the characters interact! I am really enjoying this work and hope you continue!
James Birdsong chapter 21 . 2/18/2016
Cool story maybe
Nacf chapter 14 . 2/2/2016
Of course snape is cautious. He's managed to stay alive this long and keep his secrets.
brookeworm chapter 13 . 1/26/2016
I'm so hooked and totally excited for more!
Chester99 chapter 12 . 1/22/2016
Wow, this is really fascinating. I like where you're going with this. I do agree with Draco, Molly would be a big problem and so would Harry and Ron. There is no way those three would allow this plan of Draco's to go through. While Draco may not want to listen to Hermione, he did bring her on for a reason and I do agree that Severus would be able to spot any potential problems with the plan.
Guest chapter 11 . 1/19/2016
OK writing like the strategic thinking u show