Reviews for Forty Eight Thousand Years
Vala V chapter 169 . 6/29
Thank you Guest, Longchild, Sara... and especially 'Soph'... What a review! You really brought a huge grin to my face today when that message popped up on my phone.
I kind of felt the the same way when I was done writing it.
I guess that's why I go back every so often and work on my rewrite. (I'm about 2/3 done and it's so much better the this 1st rough draft).
I'm also working on an all original Sci-Fi trilogy, but coming back to John and Rodney is like coming home to a world I never want to leave and getting re-live it all over again. When I'm finished with my edits I promise I'll update here and making the format less choppy :)
Soph chapter 169 . 6/28
What the fuck am I supposed to do with my life now that this is over?
Sara chapter 169 . 2/5
So great!
LongChild chapter 169 . 11/29/2016
I thoroughly enjoyed every chapter of this, it was a pleasure to read and I'm glad you wrote it.
Guest chapter 169 . 7/11/2016
Great story!
Vala V chapter 1 . 5/27/2016
Thank You Kim :) It is always great to hear that someone is enjoying the story!
Kim chapter 1 . 5/27/2016
Great story
Vala V chapter 67 . 5/25/2016
Thank you so much! I love hearing that I'm awesome writer -who wouldn't? And I love the image of you grinning like at idiot to my long overdue but very extended happy ending :)
Getting feedback is what keeps me me inspired. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story just as much!
Bellasml chapter 67 . 5/21/2016
oh God, you are an unbelievably awesome writer. I grinned like an idiot while reading. I am looking forward to the rest.
thewolf74 chapter 26 . 5/15/2016
I really hope that John and Rodney work things out. I also hope that Ronon stays with Amelia. Please update soon..
Vala V chapter 16 . 5/13/2016
Hey :) Thanks for posting a review. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I haven't been on this site in a while because I am having trouble getting my chapter to upload.

BUT I have some good news for you. I did finish this story. It 30 chapters long with a happy ending. 2/3 of the story takes place within canon, then the rest is original. There is some angst, violence, and tragedy along the way. But in the end it all comes to great happy conclusion, a complete circle that tries in with earlier events. You can find the complete story '48,000 Years' on a site called Wraithbait (dot com). I would include a link, but this site doesn't allow me to do that.

Once you have found there story on Wriathbait, I would suggest clicking on the link 'Table of Contents'. This will allow you to scroll through chapter headings and select the place where you left off reading.
I will try to upload some more chapters here, but so far the site just keeps crashing on me.

PS. If you read more, I'd love to hear if you like the rest of the story!
Bellasml chapter 16 . 1/14/2016
Okay ibjust spent I don't know how many hours ready this. it is by far my most favorite thing in the whole world. the way you want through the series and the episodes I can totally see it. this is exactly what i have been trying to find in some of my other pairings. someone to go thru and add the little nuances the make this so great. there are so many places in this that are going to stick with me for a long time but the way they love each other so much but can't seem to get to the same point at the same time is holding high to me. I really really really realllllyyy hope this has a happy ending for them. I wait with baited breath for more.
Vala V chapter 8 . 12/31/2015
Thanks for the the feedback :)
It is very interesting, I've had a few people who normally don't read slash feel drawn to explore to the story. I am happy that you are getting a sense of a "deep loving relationship". As the story progresses, I really wanted the reader to feel the love grow and deepen so that the connection between them was undeniable.

I'm sorry this chapter was rough. Maybe I will have to write in a revenge against Alex... But he is not the worst of the bad guys in the story, so I saved my revenge tales for worst of the baddies. Still, maybe I need to devise an end for Alex as well.

Happy New Years! Hope you enjoy the next chapter. I will try to update with more soon.
Lori chapter 8 . 12/23/2015
Thank you for your warning, it kept me calm enough to not throw things through my flat when I read the first part of the chapter now. God, I hate Alex. I want to kick is ass so hard like you cann't imagine... I'd come up with nice ways of torture to pay him back... So yes, emotional effection at maximum right now.

And yes, poor Rodney indeed. This is really not a good chapter for him. Right now I just wanna enter the storyline to, go up to him and hug him and tell him things will be all right, even if it will still take a while.

Now after reading this chapter, some things make more sense to me too. Thank you for updating it so quickly :)

About the skeptical part: It was probably because I haven't read a McShep fanfiction where they have this kind of deep loving relationship. I usually stick to friendship fanfictions of them, but somehow yours really called to me like "Come here, read me". And so I did. And I'm not regretting it! I'm really looking forward to the next chapter :)

So, until next time! Hope you will have a lovely christmas!
Vala V chapter 14 . 12/23/2015
Thank you Lori for pointing out the error in posting the same chapter twice. I have reposted chapter 8, 'Demons'. I just want to warn you in advance -it is a bit of a rough chapter for Rodney. Poor Rodney :( But then he gets to cuddle with John in chapter 9, so things get better...

Honestly, including the detail was not the hard part of writing 'within canon'. The difficultly was editing. Probably half of my original script got edited out. I spent a lot of time re-watching this beloved show and crafting the story around existing plot points. But ultimately, I had to remember that I was not retelling the same story, just including enough to create the right context. Some things had to fade into the background so that others could be highlighted.

Also I want to thank you SO MUCH for your feedback. I can't tell you how much it means to hear that you were so emotionally effected! I know I cried a lot writing this story but you never know if it is going to have the same kind of resonance for someone else. The thought that someone else has shed tears over it makes it feel so worthwhile :)

PS. I would also be very curious to know what exactly you were skeptical about in the beginning? It won't hurt my feeling at all, I'm just curious :)