Reviews for Forty Eight Thousand Years
Vala V chapter 74 . 3/9
...written to conform to Canon.
Thankfully, Season 5 is the end of the Canon-era plots. John and John & Rodney will soon embark on a different journey. There is one slight reversal at the onset (2 chapters), but it only serves to provide the backdrop for many enticing chapters as their love story finally progresses and comes together. in a very satisfying way. (I think those chapters of are some of my favorite in the entire story). ...And there will be some gratuitous sex scenes as well :)
Vala V chapter 73 . 3/9
Yes I know!
But there is reason for this frustrating reversal. I had to write this story so that it conformed exactly with the actual Canon of the show (I couldn't change any of the facts of the plot-line onscreen).

It was a real struggle for me to try to keep the tension going and to deliver believable emotional motivations for the two of them to be kept (mostly) apart until the series finally ends.

I would say that my intent was not to make John 'shy'... rather I tried to establish his inner self-loathing over his sense of inadequacy for failing those he cares for as well his penchant for self-sacrifice (Canon true attributes).
Believing that Rodney is meant to be happy with Jennifer and that he explicitly has asked John to help them find their way back together, John tells himself that he is sacrificing his own happiness for Rodney's (obviously though, there is a deeper current of his own fear/inadequacy holding him back as well... Also, he doesn't REALLY believe Rodney loves him, only that perhaps Rodney might give him a chance to win his love in time -given all the mistakes John's made in the past).

I know it was frustrating for me as a writer not to be able to bring them together sooner... but I thought these motivations best explained what would keep John from declaring his love to Rodney and claiming him the way he longs to.

I'm currently working on rewrite, so if you have any suggestions I'd be interested to hear them. (the only caveat is that I cannot write out the Rodney/Jennifer love story arc in season 5 because this story is writte
Silvooluna chapter 73 . 3/9
seriously I like this Story but John's shyness towards Rodney utterly annoys me. I mean he gets told by Ronon that Rodney loves him back and just because he lands in the future where Rodney loves Jennifer he loses his courage. Seriously?
Vala V chapter 169 . 6/29/2017
Thank you Guest, Longchild, Sara... and especially 'Soph'... What a review! You really brought a huge grin to my face today when that message popped up on my phone.
I kind of felt the the same way when I was done writing it.
I guess that's why I go back every so often and work on my rewrite. (I'm about 2/3 done and it's so much better the this 1st rough draft).
I'm also working on an all original Sci-Fi trilogy, but coming back to John and Rodney is like coming home to a world I never want to leave and getting re-live it all over again. When I'm finished with my edits I promise I'll update here and making the format less choppy :)
Soph chapter 169 . 6/28/2017
What the fuck am I supposed to do with my life now that this is over?
Sara chapter 169 . 2/5/2017
So great!
LongChild chapter 169 . 11/29/2016
I thoroughly enjoyed every chapter of this, it was a pleasure to read and I'm glad you wrote it.
Guest chapter 169 . 7/11/2016
Great story!
Vala V chapter 1 . 5/27/2016
Thank You Kim :) It is always great to hear that someone is enjoying the story!
Kim chapter 1 . 5/27/2016
Great story
Vala V chapter 67 . 5/25/2016
Thank you so much! I love hearing that I'm awesome writer -who wouldn't? And I love the image of you grinning like at idiot to my long overdue but very extended happy ending :)
Getting feedback is what keeps me me inspired. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story just as much!
Bellasml chapter 67 . 5/21/2016
oh God, you are an unbelievably awesome writer. I grinned like an idiot while reading. I am looking forward to the rest.
thewolf74 chapter 26 . 5/15/2016
I really hope that John and Rodney work things out. I also hope that Ronon stays with Amelia. Please update soon..
Vala V chapter 16 . 5/13/2016
Hey :) Thanks for posting a review. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I haven't been on this site in a while because I am having trouble getting my chapter to upload.

BUT I have some good news for you. I did finish this story. It 30 chapters long with a happy ending. 2/3 of the story takes place within canon, then the rest is original. There is some angst, violence, and tragedy along the way. But in the end it all comes to great happy conclusion, a complete circle that tries in with earlier events. You can find the complete story '48,000 Years' on a site called Wraithbait (dot com). I would include a link, but this site doesn't allow me to do that.

Once you have found there story on Wriathbait, I would suggest clicking on the link 'Table of Contents'. This will allow you to scroll through chapter headings and select the place where you left off reading.
I will try to upload some more chapters here, but so far the site just keeps crashing on me.

PS. If you read more, I'd love to hear if you like the rest of the story!
Bellasml chapter 16 . 1/14/2016
Okay ibjust spent I don't know how many hours ready this. it is by far my most favorite thing in the whole world. the way you want through the series and the episodes I can totally see it. this is exactly what i have been trying to find in some of my other pairings. someone to go thru and add the little nuances the make this so great. there are so many places in this that are going to stick with me for a long time but the way they love each other so much but can't seem to get to the same point at the same time is holding high to me. I really really really realllllyyy hope this has a happy ending for them. I wait with baited breath for more.