Reviews for Nuclear Winter Soldier
sertry chapter 2 . 12/9/2015
Thank you! waiting for an update!
Powerslammer chapter 2 . 12/7/2015
So an unstoppable killing machine with anger issues, a grudge and a gun? Cool! This is like a revamp of the post-apocalyptic genre of the 70's.

Now this guys wakes up after God knows how long, after watching his family get destroyed, and finds himself in a world that's just teeming with every manner of monstrosity, sin against nature, and a-hole from every walk of life just walking around and can take his continental anger out on all of them. This could be fun. Lots and lots of fun.
Powerslammer chapter 1 . 12/7/2015
I like this guy. Kinda got the whole Mad Max coldblooded drifter, lone warrior with a dog thing going on. Can't wait to see who and what else he kills in the wastes of the world.
Reaperghostrider chapter 2 . 12/5/2015
Awesome.
Nuff said.
Luckenhaft chapter 2 . 12/4/2015
I approve of this chapter. Perhaps it would be better to think of this story as being a bunch of interconnected one-shots jumping around on back and forth in regards to when the one-shots are happening in the game.

Nice touch with the Cryolator. I can believe the case it was in was built to be able to not handle a satchel charge but could still keep the weapon safe.

In response to the god mode comment: Like with videogames, if a fanfiction of this genre has the protagonist powerful at the start then it will be boring for the reader or player. So having the protagonist start out as a mildly weak mook who grows to become a badass is something people like to see because they are instilled with a sense of progression in regards to the protagonist.

Being a college student is annoying. I want to get these stories and ideals out of my head and onto this web site, but doing so requires me being able to commit to what I put out here and being able to manage my time in my life effectively with being a college student and being a writer here. It's difficult, but not impossible is what I'm saying. But I have too much on my plate to seriously get involved in writing a story, unfortunately.

If I could write fanfiction on this site. One of the many stories I would compose is one for Fallout 4. The story would be my take on an alternate path the game could have went.

To list off what would be different in my story is that the Sole Survivor's spouse doesn't die by the cereal-named semi-immortal prick's hands. So the story would have two protagonist in it rather than one.

The Sole Survivors names would be Nate, (For the male.) and Nora. (For the female.) I would go with those names since they are the default ones they are given depending on which one the player chooses to not play the game as. Their last name would be Howard since that was the name considered universal for the Male Sole Survivor before the game came out due to Bethesda Softworks director Todd Howard using his last name for the first E3 presentation Bethesda did for the game. Kind of lazy with the names aren't I?

Since it would seem redundant for both protagonist to gain all of the Perks, SPECIALs, and have them fully maxed out in rank; Nate and Nora will specialize in regards to their SPECIALs. Nate will focus on the Perception, Agility, and Luck Perks. Nora will focus on the Strength, Endurance, and Intelligence perks. Charisma to me seems like an absolute necessity to have when there are the times you have to have it at a high enough rank in order to persuade someone in the interactions part of the game. So that SPECIAL Perk Branch will be the one Nate and Nora share.

Since Nate is specializing in the Perk Branches that directly influence shooting things, sneaking around, and VATS that would mean he has the character build of a gun-user (Not sure what the correct term is.) /sniper/ninja or thief or assassin or whatever it is called.

Nora's specialization in regards to the Perk Branches for being to hit things hard, being able to take a hit and keep on going, coupled with being good with machines and medicine or drugs would place her archetype as the Tank/Close-Range Fighter/Medic/Mage or Scientist or Alchemist or whatever the archetype is referred as.

So regardless of gender or archetype the protagonist are still very affable when it comes to interacting with others.

How would you describe your Nate's archetype as: He's good at war. Does that mean Charisma, and perhaps Intelligence are the Perks he isn't devoting attention toward?

I'm not finished yet with what I was talking about before I talked about your Nate's character build, I Have to head to my next class now.

I a
EG chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
I like it, no, I really like it, I've had this idea kicking around ever since I started playing FO4, just that big question mark over the past of the male SS or Nate, how and in what manner was he discharged, what kind of combat experience did this guy have, I always kicked around that Nate was a scarred veteran, and it seems like you've had the same idea.

this, its awesome, I'm definitely up to read more and bounce some ideas up considering how much lore there is to go off.
BenRG chapter 2 . 12/3/2015
I'm guessing that your Sole Survivor didn't save the Minutemen or something, given that they aren't settled in Sanctuary?
Sovereign X22 chapter 2 . 12/2/2015
Loving the story! Keep up the good work!
Jobes94 chapter 2 . 12/2/2015
The second chapter really brings out the soul survivors intra personal abilities unlike the first chapter which was more introducing his combat capabilities. Overall a very nice read look forward to more in the future. Perhaps him being the general of the minutemen would fit his military background, especially in large scale battles I think.
ragglefraggle97 chapter 2 . 12/2/2015
Like the idea of the sole survivor being the veteran. Keep up the amazing work!
JasonVUK chapter 2 . 12/2/2015
:D Wow, fantastic and so much emotion in it. :3
JasonVUK chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
A very interesting take on the Soul Survivor. :D
Luckenhaft chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
I like it. Nuff said.

I a
Jobes94 chapter 1 . 11/16/2015
I really enjoyed the concept and execution of this fanfic and I believe that it should be expanded into its own story. The only thing that I can see this story needs improvement upon is the sole survivors motivation and that can be fleshed out later.
Vindicem chapter 1 . 11/14/2015
By God continue this with more one shots. I love the idea of the add on from fallout 3 being an actually story of someone, someone who is sole survivor from vault 111 and now pissed and looking for his son.
30 | « Prev Page 1 2