Reviews for Road to Somewhere
CountryBaby93 chapter 5 . 11/25
Please don’t take this as a flame… but I’m genuinely Curia for want to know before I get to far into the story. Haku, even thought I know he is many years old, you said a few chapter back that he looks like a 12 year old child. Chihiro is supposed to be 20 years old though. And this is a haku/chihiro pairing in a mature rating… it’s got me feeling freaked out. Please tell me he will somehow alter appearance to her age and look as a man, and not a boy… please… because I really want to finish this story.
Nagasasu chapter 20 . 10/3
Oof, poor Haku and Chihiro navigating their relationship.
Nagasasu chapter 16 . 10/3
Yay kissing! Also bahahahah I cackled as Haku was like "i'll hold your thigh anytime" XD
Nagasasu chapter 14 . 10/3
hello yes, Haku's tears and kiss healing Chihiro? *chefs kiss* I also love Chihiro being called back by him is a callback to the original movie too. Also hello yes more to him kissing/blowing her thigh better.
Nagasasu chapter 10 . 10/3
omg the scene where Chihiro wakes up snuggled to Haku! My heart! And he loves belly rubs! ;_; I was slightly disappointed she didn't just let his heartbeat lull her right back to sleep, but I get it, girl has to realize she's into him. XD
Nagasasu chapter 9 . 10/3
;_; Haku really would fly Chihiro wherever she wanted!
Nagasasu chapter 8 . 10/3
Oof, Kiri's warning about loving either Hide or Haku. Hoping it all turns out well in the end. *glances nervously at number of chapters left*
Nagasasu chapter 6 . 10/3
I first read this many many years ago, but I don't think I ever finished the series. Anyways, even all these years later, re-reading this is a pleasure. I especially love the image of Haku sleeping with Chihiro's book
sonetchka chapter 4 . 11/18/2020
I'm reading this book again, but now in English. Unfortunately, I do not understand a few words, phrasal verbs and idiomatic expressions, but as I have already read it in Portuguese a few weeks ago, I can get the general sense. I really LOVE this story so much! Although my ship Hidehiro (or ChidèLOLdid not come real.
LizzardMonster chapter 1 . 11/4/2020
I feel like I first read this fic so much longer ago than the publishing date would suggest, but here I am, back again to experience it again like an old friend.
Guest chapter 30 . 10/24/2020
Eu estou devorando capitulo após capítulo há três dias. Estou completamente encantada e extasiada com a história. É uma pena que o meu inglês não seja bom o suficiente para que eu possam ler a com a mesma velocidade no idioma original. Por isso eu recorro ao tradutor do Google, o que deixa bastante a desejar... Ainda assim, estou amando cada detalhe dessa história. E, bom, sinto discordar da opinião do que parece ser a maioria e da própria escritora, mas não me parece nada errado que Chihiro fique com o semideus, uma vez que Haku não é humano. É um amor impossível, que deveria ser cultivado apenas como amizade, permitindo que Chihiro e Hidé ao menos tentem ser felizes um ao lado do outro.
sonetchka chapter 1 . 10/26/2020
I've wrote a anonimous comment in portuguease, using the Google Chrome, but I can't find it wright now. Your story is incredible, fantastic, I just can't stop reading for four days. Thank you a lot for this. It's a pitty I'm not able to read it in english, it would be very very difficult to me, so I'm using Google translate. The translation isn't perfect, but, anyway, I can see the great work you've done. Congratulations! I LOVE this story. I'm writing this comment on chapter one but I've almost finished the book one, as I just reached chapter 48. Sorry for any mistakes, I did not used any translate app this time. I'm shy, but I'll click send wright now.
Orange et Blue Morality chapter 7 . 9/29/2020
Wow, I love the small town vibe of this chapter, particularly with how vibrant the supporting cast members are! Gossips abound and secrets can be heard if one listens carefully in the silence between the sentences. Like how Charisma Thug paled immediately seeing his kid being just saved from drowning and simply scrammed. I think there's a deeper issue at play instead of just him shirking responsibilities.

This is also an interesting way for Haku to gain an adult form, albeit it's not a completely unexpected one. Chihiro immediately twigging that there's something more _interesting_ in Kiri's background is fun. Also, I get as curious as a gossipy fishwife at Suzume's history with Reika. So many skeins of stories to pull at an try to untangle! Heh heh heh.

On the upside, Haku would feel less insecure when it comes to Hidé, now that he can easily walk alongside Chihiro in his newest form. Of course, emotions aren't always rational, so who knows what will actually happen?

*Makes popcorn and sits down for the long haul*
Orange et Blue Morality chapter 5 . 9/29/2020
"Ridiculous...he'll love it"

Ha! That made me chuckle. I love Cinna the most of all the gods large and small! (Well, sure, Haku rates higher, but he's not an OC). There's something blunt but honest about her that I find really comforting, even if she's rough around the edges. Then again, I'm a cat person.

I can recognise Suzume's grief now. If I had been Chihiro's age, I wouldn't be able to see it. I still feel sad for him, though. He's dealing with his pain in the only way he knew how, even if it meant lashing out at Chihiro. Haku's a reliable guy here when she's confused at Suzume's outbursts and I like him for it. You've captured his quiet steadfastness very well.

I grinned at 'was he a dragon or a Vulcan?!' thought. Yeah, that's Haku to a T alright. I like the little hints of her interests and hobbies while she grew up.

And yay for both of them settling in at Hakuryo onsen!
Orange et Blue Morality chapter 4 . 9/29/2020
When Hide's father was said to have left while there was virtually no mention of his mother, I already suspected that she'd have to be a denizen of the other side of Japan, not the human side one/ningen. I've been wracking my brain, trying to come up with a mythological/folkloric being that might have siren-like effects (I have my suspicions on what seemed to be Chihiro's rather intense attraction to him).

And here she outright appears in front of Chihiro! A land goddess! Man, that's enough to make me back away from any potential love interests that I'm not that close to yet. That's one mother-in-law you don't want to cross.

That was...far heftier than I suspected. I do hope that Chihiro and Haku's friendship would get past its rough waters soon. I think they need each other-as friends, really, I didn't mean anything further yet. How many people can Chihiro actually talk about when it comes to her responsibilities as the land's owner? Haku clearly also needed to find his footing in this new bathhouse and this new place too.