Reviews for Road to Somewhere
gabypdd chapter 29 . 4/28/2020
That's a very good interpretation of the mechanics involved in making such a contract! It makes sense, even as a canon concept. I just wanted to say that i'm simply re-reading this story and falling in love with it all over again and wish that someone would have the sense to turn it into a doujinshi- it flippin deserves it!
AbandonedAccountEMF chapter 6 . 4/26/2019
I just wanted a peak at this to see if I should read it but now I’m 6 chapters in, it’s an hour later (just past 4am) and holy hell this is a good fic. The writing is so totally immersive I feel like I just sink into it. It’s similar almost to the Harry Potter books where I could flip to a random page to read a few lines and end up reading the whole thing in one sitting. I’m in love with this new setting and the OCs already and I can’t wait to see how things go.
urdreamgal chapter 1 . 4/13/2019
You should have credited "Tsumiko and the Enslaved Fox" by FORTHRIGHT for 'your' idea for this story. Even if you just said it was based on that story, because it is obvious that the idea came from that book, its just a pity others haven't noticed it.
melsbells91 chapter 50 . 1/23/2019
Oh my gosh this story is AMAZING! I marathon red this over the last few days an I am just overwhelmed by how incredible this is. The story is so rich, the characters so vibrant and real, so so real. This was an emotional rollercoaster, so thrilling and terrifying at times but so very wonderful. I’m so excited to read the next installment and watch Chihiro find her way home, with the help of her friends and her love. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing work of art!
sarahwrathbone chapter 50 . 1/14/2019
Sengen... I do not like her...
And I do NOT like amnesia fics...
But... at least it came from a fantastic plot point and, hopefully, it will end from a fantastic plot point.

You are NOT allowed to bring other men between Haku and Chihiro! That is just wrong to take advantage of her condition, Miss Author!

T.T

Oh my goodness, I loved this book. ON TO THE NEXT!
SAK00 chapter 9 . 10/12/2018
Her ex has some nerve! I loved the scene where Chihiro and Haku flew . . . it sounds awesome but not too nostalgic of the flying scene in the movie.
SAK00 chapter 8 . 10/12/2018
Chihiro, do yourself a favor and steer clear of the dangerous town! But when are major characters ever known for their thoughtful self-preservation? Nice chapter all the same!
SAK00 chapter 7 . 10/12/2018
Lady Librarian, great writing as always.
SAK00 chapter 6 . 10/12/2018
At this chapter, I wanted to give Chihiro a little shake of her shoulders and say, "Let the spirits help you; you're not a bathhouse Yuna anymore!" But I suppose she has her reasons. It's very kind of her to be so caring of the spirits, even if some of them are entirely rude to her.
SAK00 chapter 5 . 10/12/2018
My initial guess was her father . . . so far I have only compliments for your writing. Seeing Chihiro grow and mature as a character would be great.
SAK00 chapter 4 . 10/12/2018
Nice chapter, as always.
SAK00 chapter 3 . 10/12/2018
I like Haku's characterization: he is as calm and serene but inwardly passionate as I imagined him to be.
SAK00 chapter 2 . 10/12/2018
Great chapter!
SAK00 chapter 1 . 10/8/2018
This chapter is a great start!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2018
Hi Lady, I'm not really sure if you're still active but I just wanted to say I'm really glad that you re-uploaded this story. I don't know if you ever explained why you removed your works from the site (I only ever saw the aftermath) but having been around prior, I would wager it had at least something to do with the criticism and trolling that was occurring in the comments. Regardless, I myself was one of the people who left what I had thought was constructive criticism and while I did try to keep it tame and balance my review between what I personally liked and disliked about the story, some time and a little growing up has made me understand that regardless of my (and at least some of the others') well-meaning intentions, unsolicited concrit (and hate as a whole) is still unsolicited regardless of the intent. For the most part, most of what we said probably wasn't even all that useful. And for all that, I am sorry.

Writing is hard and fanfic is free, a lot of us - even those who write themselves - tend to forget that sometimes. This series is clearly a passion project that you've most definitely spilled countless hours into and you did not deserve people coming in on high horses and stepping entirely out of our place to try to tell you how to "improve" or change what you were doing. We were and are not your editors and you did not ask for our input; it was out of line for us to act like we were. Once again, I am sorry. For what it's worth, I did and still do think you are an excellent writer. I've been reading fiction for years and your world-building and ability to immerse your readers into your world remain one of the best I've ever seen. The OCs you created for this story as well I found incredibly charming. I know that that at least was why I felt so strongly about the series that I tried writing concrit in the first place. Either way, it was wrong.

I read on your bio that you're still working on this series and on your own original works as well. So I want to wish you all the best on them and I truly hope you keep writing. That of course extends as well to any other fandoms and original work you may write for in the future, here or elsewhere. You have a gift and put in so much effort so don't let us overstepping fools put you down! Good luck! :)
171 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »