Reviews for Road to Somewhere
KashiHime chapter 24 . 2/8/2016
Poor Chihiro... she takes the night off for some much needed self-care and everything goes to pot. I have sort of mixed feelings in response to her decisions, because on the one hand, there is so much going on that she really does need to just take some time to be herself and normal and rest, but on the other hand, sometimes you really just need to jump in with both feet and do your best with what you've got until the problem is resolved.
KashiHime chapter 23 . 2/8/2016
I actually really appreciate that Chihiro and Haku are having a go at a relationship. It often feels like 90% of the Spirited Away fic out there are "Chihiro moves back to the Spirit World and marries Haku" or vise versa. It's somewhat novel to see her interacting with a well done OC.
KashiHime chapter 22 . 2/7/2016
"We all got so busy hating each other that we ripped ourselves apart." This seems like a complete reflection of what happened with the Bathhouse Kami. Lin hating Haku, and Haku's angry grief, and the others depressive grief... it really is all a reflection of what is happening in the mortal world.
KashiHime chapter 20 . 2/7/2016
We seen from Suzume and Mrs Nikkou that god/human relationships don't work in the long term, but are they possible? Would Haku and Chihiro be able too have a physical relationship or would the size difference be too extreme?
KashiHime chapter 21 . 2/7/2016
Hide is a fascinating character to me, because on the one hand, his blindness and oblivious is really annoying, but on the other hand, he is so endearing and kind. His struggle to see again is particularly poignant, because it seems to me that Mrs Nikkou desperately *doesn't* want him to wake up. There is clearly something going on between Hide, Mrs Nikkou and Sengen, and I really want to find out what it is. If Sengen *is* his mother, how was he born? Did she take human form for a while and then have a kid and leave?
KashiHime chapter 19 . 2/6/2016
I love these calmer chapters. The pacing of the story is thoroughly enjoyable, but there is a lot of stuff happening to Chihiro everyday, and these moments where she can just sit with Lin and talk, or watch the Kami's performances are so refreshing.
KashiHime chapter 18 . 2/6/2016
Why do silver/grey eyes symbolize the ability to see into the magical side of the spectrum? So much of your work is so well researched, I feel like there is probably a reason. Or is it just magic in general? In Howl's Moving Castle (the movie version), Sophie's hair stays silver once, even after she becomes young again, once she becomes aware of her own magical abilities. (I may have talked about his is a previous comment, but this and the bell in her chest are two of the most interesting bits of plot/foreshadowing for me.)
KashiHime chapter 17 . 2/5/2016
I feel that there is more to Suzume's dislike of Kiri than he is saying; even though she has a bit of an abrasive personality, she doesn't seem like the sort to disrespect Mrs Nikkou, especially not with how she treats Mrs Nikkou here.

As always, very enjoyable read.
KashiHime chapter 16 . 2/4/2016
Does that mean that 'Suzume' is his true name? Why is Suzume the last? Is it a lack of belief that killed them. I understand the all the other statues were destroyed and maybe that killed the other kitsune (or other way round), but if there were other statues made, would that create new kitsune spirits? Or if Suzume had kits?
KashiHime chapter 15 . 2/4/2016
The idea that emotions can be so powerful that they transform into giant scare-monsters is terrifyingly delicious. I know that Aniyaku says that mortals can just shake off their emotions, but the Spirit World seems to be so powerful and altering... If Chihiro had never returned to the mortal world, would her emotions eventually get to the point that they could produce such powerful spirits?

Are the bad emotions the same as the Forgotten?
KashiHime chapter 14 . 2/3/2016
Chihiro has spent a lot of time unconscious since moving to the Onsen, I couldn't help but notice. She just keeps fainting or getting hurt.
Why has she seen the Forgotten in her nightmares? Isn't it something completely new to her? Or is it something that she just hasn't woken up to yet?
KashiHime chapter 13 . 2/3/2016
I feel so bad for the apple tree spirit. I really liked it, even if it was a totally inconsequential character that was born to die.
Did one single Darkness destroy the entire bathhouse? I remember thinking that it was just massive, and there were a lot of different spirits working there. Granted most of them were pretty useless when No-Face goes on his rampage, but I still feel surprised that a single Darkness could eat everyone. I feel like there must be more to this story.
KashiHime chapter 12 . 2/3/2016
Never a dull moment at the Onsen, is there?
I really relate to Chihiro's cleaning to deal with her feelings, that's definitely something I do when I'm upset, especially if part of the reason I'm upset is because I'm upset over something that I feel is unreasonable or should have been prepared for... Sometimes all you need is some mindless cleaning.
KashiHime chapter 11 . 2/3/2016
What's with the "bell in her chest"? It's clearly ringing every time that something related to the Spirit World and the Kami is made known to Chihiro, but it's just as clearly something that she doesn't understand. Is it a form of a metaphor for the things that she knew when she was living in the Spirit World and has since forgotten? Like an extended part of her "re-awakening" awareness of the other. That's what makes the most sense to me, currently, but I feel like there needs to be more, that it's long-term foreshadowing for something other that is occurring or going to occur.
Birdie chapter 50 . 2/3/2016
Please please please upload the next book soon! I just love this story so much!
172 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »