Reviews for Birthday
Wisdom Witch chapter 1 . 12/29/2016
Daaaaamn, this was ace! Like, seriously ace! You absolutely killed it, and you pegged the characterisations down to a T! I can seriously see this actually being canon. Ruth seems like a relatable OC too, and I like how you made her a rather neutral character. You did seriously well by publishing this- I can only hope that you'd consider posting more fics about Beth's childhood :3
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2016
Wow. This story made me fucking tear up. Love their father-daughter relationship. Poor Beth! I wish we could see flashbacks...Hopefully when season 3 fucking arrives we'll get a glimpse. Perfectly in character. Great job!
Stardust8 chapter 1 . 7/8/2016
Oh my gosh, I love this so much! I really hope they show us some Rick and Beth flashbacks. It breaks my heart how depressed she is about her life and how her dad abandoned her, like 3 times so far. She loves him so much and I don't get how he seems to love Morty more than her, when she's such an awesome person. I really wish they went on adventures or at least space travel like you wrote here. I just want Rick to make it up to Beth for being such a dickwad to her. Sorry for ranting, but Beth's life just makes me really sad...
Thumbtax chapter 1 . 12/28/2015
What a sweet story, and you really captured Rick's voice in this one. It's great to see a fic that deal with Beth's childhood and Rick's past, something I wish the show would explore a little more.
ne71 chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
This was amazing. Probably one of the hardest shows to really capture in a story, and you nailed it here. Ruth seemed really authentic - I believed that this was someone who would have really liked Rick at first, and then as her priorities changed but Rick's didn't, grew more and more dissatisfied with him. Her taking the gulp of whiskey with him on the kitchen floor was perfect - a little glimpse of the old Ruth.

More than anything, the characterization of Rick is spot on. Great establishing scene with him and Beth in the simulator (because Showbiz pizza is lame, bruh), and the rant about the assholes who sit in little cubicles all day could have come right out of one of the show's scripts. Again, not an easy character to capture in a story, and you did it perfectly.

Even the party, where Rick slips off to have (kinda) sex with an alien, had the perfect feel for the show. You didn't shy away from Rick being an asshole, albeit an asshole who loves his daughter, and the story thrives because of that.

Terrific job. Thank you for writing it.

Nick
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
This is the best fic ive ever read, period. I love love love it's perfect, ricks speech and personality and philosophy are spot on, please keep writing, you were sent from the cosmos to write rick and morty fics, i swear to rick
Ms. Smiley Kills Your Dreams chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
This is like... *dies* too great fir the existence and it is fantastic. Like seriously oh my god just keep writing never stop you will inspire thousands when you write a FUCKING BOOK you are great.
hylianmusicianandwriter chapter 1 . 11/15/2015
oooohh boy

This was AMAZING

I genuinely loved reading this- I was very sad to reach the end! Can't wait to read more of your writing!