Reviews for Queen of Hell
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 2/5/2016
I thought this was a really interesting idea. I loved how you decided to use the lyric prompt here. I think breaking it up and having it become a repeated theme at the end worked really well. I also liked how Bellatrix would randomly start reciting poetry from her childhood, and how the lyric was something from a poem it seems like she only half remembers.

I did spot a few typos here - [does not keep it’s prisoners] should be [its prisoners], [some day,s] should be [days,], [prisoners ends] should be [end] and [farther for her] should be [from]. Also, there’s a mistake in the summary - [to be in solitary] should, I think, be [being] - and I think [from an aisle] might read better as [from one].

Some of the sentences read a little awkwardly - usually because of a few unnecessary words, or because they would read better separated into two. The paragraph beginning [during her sixth through ninth], certainly, could benefit from being reworded, as I found parts of it to be a little confusing.

I really loved how Bellatrix was almost immediately re-assigned to solitary confinement, and how she quickly became used as a scare tactic for newer inmates. I think that’s certainly something to be expected of her, given all we know, and I also really liked how even the guards didn’t want to be down there with her.
hillstar chapter 1 . 1/30/2016
Woah, I really like how you used the Disney prompt. It doesn't even seem corny or out of place at all (which I think would be a risk of trying to make a Disney lyric sound natural in a serious story).

Bellatrix takes on mythical, nightmarish proportions here. She almost doesn't seem quite human, more Iike a being of pure darkness! I really like her little feeling of satisfaction at the end that her plan is working. This also reminds me of the question in Paradise Lost about whether it is better to serve in heaven or rule in hell.
Screaming Faeries chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
I loved this, and it was no doubt my favourite read of the entries. I loved the darkness of it all, and even though I've read countless Azkaban fics featuring Bellatrix, there was still an air of uniqueness to this fic. You used the prompt really well throughout, and I couldn't see it befitting a better character and a better location. Great, great story! Congratulations :)
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
This was an interesting take on Bellatrix's time in Azkaban.

The part about the guards doing whatever they can to avoid having to be near her cell was funny. (Although in canon they only have the Dementors inside the prison, and no human guards stay inside.)

Using proximity to Bellatrix as a punishment for the other prisoners was a creative twist.

You have a few typos scattered throughout the fic like an extra N in "prisoner" and you spelled Azkaban with an S instead of a Z near the end of the fic.
CUtopia chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
I think you did a great job in capturing Bellatrix' madness, really. And that she somehow still has the right mind to kind of enjoy driving all the other prisoners mad too
Also that she would be isolated and that she also kind of scares the guards too does fit, really... I can totally imagine all this happening at Azkaban...
Well done :)
lella7 chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
Really interesting story and I like how you worked in the song lyrics :) It could do with a proofread though, there were a few words missing, switches in tense etc.
The Lady Arturia chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
Ooooooh Let It Go inspired story. [Solitary confinement is by no {mean} a pleasant experience.] {mean} should be means. [does not keep it's prisoners for long.] {it's} should be {its}. The capitalised and would be better italicised in order to show emphasis. And you don't have to mention neé Black (except in brackets when relevant). This was an interesting story and the premise was interesting. Never though Let It Go could be associated with Bellatrix. Good job!