Reviews for The new girl and Jess' mom
Arica Princess of Rivendell chapter 13 . 9/24/2007
please update again soon
wiccabookworm chapter 13 . 1/17/2007
cute! I love it, keep it up.
smile1 chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
Hey!

So, I had some time left on my hands and I figured that the least I could do was review this story to thank you...and I just wanted to read this story again so why not leave a review while I'm at it, right? Let the games begin...

Chapter 1:

First of all, I liked the fact that Rory stood up for herself by letting Dean know that she was bothered by the fact that he kept talking about Shearen.

J: "There's not. I just like to sit here and I like to smoke"

I thought that this was a very in character thing for him to say, probably because it's so straight forward and honest, no hidden agenda, he just likes to sit there and smoke.

It's pretty harsh he told Rory that: J: "Or Dean has eyes in his head and sees how hot that girl is" It seemed like something he would say, though, but the fact that he actually said it made it seem more real, it made her jealousy seem more real which I liked. Yes, it's the small things, my friend.

He smiled.

He smiled! He hardly ever smiles so the fact that he did it kind of shows that he's closer to Rory than anyone else. Loved this small detail, loved it, loved it and...yep, loved it!

Chapter 2:

Okay, I read this: R: "Hey honey" and then before I could think it you added: This was so not like her. It's like you read mines...which you sometimes tend to do by accident and it's creepy, but not the point since we are talking about the story and not about your mental capabilities. (say that three times fast) So, anyway, I thought it really showed how jealous Rory was, for her to act like that, you know.

D: "Why did you do that?"

R: "Do what? Helping her out of the dream?"

D: "What dream?"

R: "She was all over you Dean and you knew it and you liked it. You didn't even tell her you have a girlfriend"

D: "She never asked"

R: "That's such a lame excuse"

I am loving the conflict, I mean, yeah, it has been done before, but I still like it, especially the line where Rory points out that Shearen was all over Dean.

D: "You were jealous" he suddenly had a smile on his face.

R: "No, I wasn't"

She saw Dean looking at her with an amused look on his face.

R: "I wasn't jealous...I really wasn't"

D: "If you say so"

R: "You enjoy this, don't you?"

D: "A little"

She laughed.

And bye bye conflict, something I actually liked because by having the tension fade so easily it shows that Dean and Rory are in a relationship that is somewhat serious to the both of them, same goes for Rory's jealousy.

R: "Damnit"

I laughed when I read this. It's funny to picture Rory saying something like that, especially out of the blue.

J: "It's not like I'm going"

This line is also so Jess. He's trying to brush of the fact that he didn't tell Rory and the fact that his mom called is a big deal at the same time.

R: "I don't want you to go."

He smiled.

The combination of her saying that with his reaction was so sweet.

Chapter 3:

L: "I don't mean it's not okay...I mean of course it's okay, 'cause there's food and...more food"

R: "I think he gets your point, mom"

L: "And we have drinks too...but I guess you already figured that out"

Yep, it's nice to see Lorelai in action. :-)

J: "I'm the guy who wrecked Rory's car"

Very funny, honest and in character.

Chapter 4:

J: "Is this because of me?"

R: "No"

L: "Yes"

J: "I'll take that as a maybe"

Simply Jess.

J: "Maybe that was the funny thing...you know, why she had to laugh. Maybe she accidently brought the wrong books"

He's trying to make Rory feel better by covering up Dean's tracks, even though he hates Dean, or, well, yeah, he hates him. That's so sweet.

Chapter 5:

This was a pretty good chapter, I favored the last scene you set up above the rest of the chapter, but the rest was okay, too. This was a truly old-fashioned Gilmore Girls style chapter with Lorelai and Rory having some dialogue, followed by a little Rory/Lane convo (which I always enjoy btw, they are friends after all and I liked how Lane was sort of looking out for Rory) and with the Dean/Rory interaction.

Chapter 6:

J: "Your boyfriend"

*claps in hands excitedly* Okay, a little overreaction was going on back there, but this sentence really stood out for me because of how clearly Jess states his dislike for Dean.

Having Jess come up with a plan to help her was a good thing to add. He wants to help her, but at the same time he is sort of helping himself because even though, he never really thinks about Rory or anything I still get the idea that he likes her as more than a friend.

Chapter 7:

L: "You have to be ready now. I can't be in a room with him alone. I don't know how to act around him, I don't know what to say or do. I just don't know how to communicate with him. I'm sorry, but you have to be ready"

It almost sounds like she has a crush on him or something. Very amusing.

L: "Did she just spend 2 hours in her room putting on make-up, brushing her hair, trying on clothes, eventually deciding to take a look in my closet to steal my black top and trying to convince me this is not a date, just to hear you say: 'you look nice' ?"

R: "Mom!"

J: "Did it work?"

L: "Did what work?"

J: "Did she convince you this is not a date?"

He's not as oblivious as he seems...

Chapter 8:

R: "And it's cold"

Jess wanted to take his jacket off.

R: "I don't need your jacket"

J: "I thought you said it's cold"

R: "That's what I said yes, I didn't say: Jess gimme your jacket"

J: "I was just trying to be nice"

R: "And I just don't need your jacket"

Very funny piece of dialogue.

J: "Maybe it's one of those doors you can only open from the inside"

Once again, Jess.

And I love how Rory refused to let Dean drive her home because he doesn't want to take Jess with them.

Chapter 9:

J: "She didn't answer the phone, not my problem"

Very in character.

R: "Hey, doesn't this tree look familiar to you?"

J: "Sorry, I've never been really good at recognizing trees"

Amusing.

For a few seconds they stared in each others eyes. Their faces moved a little closer. Their lips touched. Then Rory moved away.

Not a lot of details, but the almost kiss still came over as really sweet, just like this chapter.

Chapter 10:

This was kind of a short chapter and not as good as your other ones, but it was still crucial for the story and the mother/daughter conversation was cute and in character since the show always makes time for something like that.

Chapter 11:

L: "Love the verbal-thing you guys have going on here"

Lorelai's very in character, just a small side note.

R: "You kissed me"

J: "You kissed me!"

R: "I did not"

J: "Did too"

R: "Did not"

J: "Did too"

R: "I didn't kiss you"

J: "And I didn't kiss you"

They stopped walking and looked at each other.

R: "Then how did we end up kissing?"

Cute and childish scene.

Chapter 12:

This was such a touching scene, the drama went perfect with Rory's emotions in this chapter. I also loved how honest Dean was about his feelings for Shearen and how they ended up breaking up in such a civil way.

Chapter 13:

Sweet ending.

smile1 chapter 5 . 3/14/2003
Okay I didn't review this chapter and I know that it's like a major crime! I'm going to get arrested aren't I... Yes don't lie to me. Anyway I really like this story and the new character you added Shearen. I like her. Jess gets Rory, Dean gets Shearen and everybody is happy :-) Or at least I hope that they are happy. Wouldn't it be great if we could just make up a guy in one of our stories and say a spell or something so that he would become like a real person ? I think it would be great, a little weird at first, but still great. Okay so it's not really logical, but hey it could happen...or not...someday...maybe...who knows. O screw this.

Bye, smile :-)

TOTALLY LOVE YOUR STORY (actually I like all of them so people if you're reading this: GO READ HER OTHER STORIES!)
CommGrl2 chapter 13 . 2/11/2003
I loved it!
smile1 chapter 13 . 2/9/2003
Hey,

It was a great story, can't wait to read your new story.

And I'm not very original in this review, I know and I'm very sorry about that. Maybe I lost my touch ? I hope not.

Arianna555 chapter 13 . 2/8/2003
This was really great, and a completely new idea! I've never read anything like it before. Great job!
GGfan07 chapter 13 . 2/8/2003
Great Story. Is it over? Well thats about it.
smile again chapter 12 . 2/6/2003
First of all, look at this sentence!

D: "I can't lie to you. I may feel something for her ...but that's nothing compared what I feel for you. I love you"

Dean is a JERK! How can he still be in love with Rory, when he MAY feel something for Shearen ? Hello, dump him!

See ya l8er. (the story is still good by btw)

Bye, smile :-) (for the last time, not smile for the last time, but this is the last time that I'm leaving a review...no not 4ever, but this is the last one for today) GET IT! No...

Me neither, so don't worry about it.
smile chapter 11 . 2/6/2003
Okay my favorite word from now on is THING!

R: "Go doing the thing I had to do"

L: "What thing?'

R: "You know, the thing?"

She looked at her mom.

L: "Oh, the thing! Of course. How could I forget about the thing."

Keep the things coming!

smile chapter 10 . 2/6/2003
Hey!

I just wanna say one thing: (well two things really, but who's counting anyway, right ?)

GREAT chapter! And I really likes this sentence : L: "No, just don't mention it. It's not like he's ever gonna ask you: "hey Rory, did you kiss, Jess?"

Can you hear me laughing ? :-)

I'm going to read your other chapter now.

smile chapter 9 . 1/29/2003
Hey,

Just read the new chapter. GREAT! I wish I could write like that. Anyway hope u feel better,since you're 'sick'...

Bye,smile :-)
CommGrl2 chapter 9 . 1/27/2003
UPDATE SOON! I love this story!
fireangel27 chapter 9 . 1/27/2003
yeh they kissed I like the story keep updating!
Jess chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Keep going if you dont well then...HAH! (couldnt think of anything to say...) good job though keep it up