Reviews for Feet on the Ground
ukdramafan chapter 2 . 8/30/2018
Considering how much fanfiction I read, I can't understand how I manage to miss so many excellent stories - this being one of them! I still haven't heard Fall to Earth, but I have read the transcript. This could so easily be canon for its aftermath. All of the voices were in character, especially Ianto's need to confront Jack with the truth of how his secrets left not only Ianto, but all of the team in danger through lack of information. I liked that Jack's motivation had been to keep them safe (rather than just just being the all-knowing mysterious leader), but that Ianto wondering whether he could keep doing it was the wake up call to accept the truth of what Ianto was telling him. Great story, thank you.
Alice Carter chapter 2 . 11/24/2015
It will be interesting to see how the other audio dramas connect the dots. It would be great if they teamed up Jack and Ianto, but it may be too much to hope for. In the meantime, there's your lovely version of the story to enjoy.
nohfoe chapter 2 . 11/24/2015
I haven't been fortunate enough to listen to the news audios yet, but this wasn't too hard to follow. I especially liked Jack's POV and his conversation with Ianto about their relationship. Nice one, I'm going to put it on my Tumblr recs!
TheBigCat chapter 2 . 11/24/2015
Awwww... :D This was beautiful! I enjoyed that so very much, and I do hope that you'll do more. Pretty please? I'll be your willing slave forever?
ariadnes1 chapter 2 . 11/24/2015
Nice to see Jack getting a clue, for once. I've only read the transcript of Gareth's episode, so knew nothing else about the conspiracy, and it really wasn't necessary to enjoy the story.
ariadnes1 chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
I'm liking this. Good to know what happened afterwards. I don't think Owen is quite as much as an asshole as he's made out to be here, but then I don't think Gwen is quite as nice, either.
buddieswithbilis chapter 2 . 11/24/2015
Thank you so much for writing this; for fighting the Torchwood cause. Between sales of the audio cd's, and accomplished writers such as yourself caring enough to extemporize on the new stories, we might actually manage to keep the Torchwood dream alive. :)

Your take on the aftermath of Fall to Earth is very plausible and was such a pleasure to read. This second chapter, incorporating the delightful analysis of where Jack and Ianto were as a 'couple during season two, was also a nice touch.

If the powers that be have any sense, they'll transfer Fall to Earth onto the small screen, and incorporate Feet on the Ground into the final edit :) It would be a dream come true to have the team back together again ... even if it was, essentially, just a flashback ... and I, for one, wouldn't object to seeing that final kiss! :)

Loved this! :) Feel free to write an 'add-on' for every installment! :)
TheBigCat chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
Oh dear me! This was excellent on so many levels! I just finished listening to 'Fall to Earth' a few minutes before reading this (it's Teaboy Tuesday in my house!) so this made the perfect coda. Zeynep's amazingly well-written here- never thought I'd ever read anything involving her!- and you included Myfanwy's insurance, so I love you forever! The team interactions were also especially good. I'm looking forwards to more of this- there is more, right? *puppy dog eyes*
-Kitty
cjanegray chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
Fantastic! I loved 'Fall to Earth' and this is an excellent follow up - exactly right tone and voice.

One teeny, tiny bit of Brit speak correction - the Queen's home and Royal headquarters is called Buckingham Palace, not just Buckingham.

Looking forward to next part, thank you so much for sharing. :)
Angstosaur chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
Excellent - thank you for this, it was crying out for a 'what happened next?' story and you have certainly done it justice. You have kept the tone of the audio-drama and brought in the rest of the team brilliantly. I'm hoping that the next part features the return of Jack, I really want to read a version of his reactions to the events concerning the Skypuncher.
Delighted as ever to find one of your fics posted here :-)
coffeemagic119 chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
Thank you for writing this! It was interesting to know how you define the relationship between Jack and Ianto at this point because I keep wondering where this SkyPuncher incident fit into the canon time-line. This must be after “The Conspiracy” which seems to be after Jack's return from TYTNW and definitely before the novel “Sky Point”, so somewhere in Season2? However, I found it difficult to see any intimacy between them, and of course there was a reference to Lisa and Ianto kept calling himself “just a butler”….I'm still confused. You are an excellent writer with a good insight and put a pleasing interpretation here. I totally enjoyed this. Glad that Ianto actually met Zeynep and could thank her in person, and you didn't forget mention Myfanwy :)
remuslives23 chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
I have no idea what happened but this is wonderfully written and makes me actually want to listen to the audio drama (I swore off listening to/watching more TW after Ianto was killed but now he's back...).
sd4ianto chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
HOW DO YOU HAVE THEM ALREADY!? THEY DON'T COME OUT HERE (USA) UNTIL THE END OF NOVEMBER AND END OF DECEMBER! I am having a hard time deciding whether to read it or not. Will it make sense even if you haven't read them yet?
Alice Carter chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
A perfect follow-up. Round up the cast to read it!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/20/2015