Reviews for The First Snowflake That Falls
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Oh that was beautiful! sniff sniff. you need a tissue warning. That I think is the most beautiful description of Legolas saying goodbye that I have read. Marvellous!

My only critical points are minor ones. First, there are several places where you have two different forms of a verb (such as had have) like you hadn't decided which to use and forgot to go back and delete one. Very distracting from a wonderful work.

Second, a minor canon issue which is hardly worth mentioning, but I see it so often I can't help but point it out. (darn canon police rubbed off so much I'm now an official member)

The grey havens were a place in MIDDLE EARTH, where Cirdan and his elves built the ships that took the elves to VALINOR. Elves do not sail TO the grey havens, they sail FROM the grey havens to Valinor, the Blessed Realm, the Undying Lands.

I know, I know, picky picky but hey, the more we all know, the better we all write! :0) You're welcome to nit pick on my writing as well.

I can't wait to read the rest of your writing!

NiRi
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
I loved this story. Could you do more goodbye stories?
nautika chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
You made me cry. I should have known it. I found the summary to this on the MC group (looking for something else, that's how I find alot of things), but the link there no longer works. I'm glad you also posted it on
coffeeshop chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
Again, I do not know how you can write like this! You should really think about actually writing something (meaning, getting something published). You have realy talent (not that I would know anything about talent... but your writing is really good).
Mikazuki Senshi chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
write more

may i steal the song? i like it a lot

the address is if you feel like answering

a very sad story, but i like it a lot
Catmint chapter 1 . 9/13/2003
So, so sad. But absolutely beautiful.
boromir chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
Great story please do more like this
alexandra chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
OMGT OMG OMG OMG! *sniff sniff* this was sso sad, and yet so good, clap clap clap
Jessie-Greenleaf chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
Oh man, give me a minute...

This story is wonderful. You can see the tears coming from Legolas and you can feel the immense grief.

At first you feel like crying becuse Aragorn is gone, and Legolas is so consumed in his sadness. At the end you feel like crying because even after he is gone, Estel is helping Legolas through. It's good that you let some of the pain ease from Legolas' heart.

I really loved this story and I'm off to go look at some of your others. Your a great author, I can tell.

-Jessie G
me chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
I'm touched. This is such a sad, but well written story. Thanks for sharing!
Nili chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
Owww, Halo! My poor baby! *wails*

He's dead! I mean, I knew he'd die, but - owww, Halo, soooooo sad!

I really cried, which I usually do under NO circumstances. Thank you very much for embarassing me in front of my little sister! *grrr*

Nili: *blinks as she sees the crying orc horde* Weeeelll, as I said: A very very very strange orc horde!

Snikdûl: What? *turns and wipes eyes* Can't an orc feel pain, too?

Urkwûsh: Yeah! Just because we're mean and evil and ugly that doesn't mean we don't have feelings!

Golhâk: *is crying to hard to say anything*

Nili: Owww, sorry boys, I dodn't mean it that way ... come on, let me give you a hug! *almost hugs Golhâk, then thinks better of it* What the heck am I doing? *turns and latches onto Legolas*

POOOOOR Legolas! SO sad! SOOOOO sad! (Sorry, after _that_ story you can't really expect polysyllabic from me! *g*)

LOL (still sniffling, though!). 'Tis a really beautiful story, my friend. I mean it. Beautiful. The poem and all, SOOOOOOO SAD!

Abd you dedicated it to me! Oww, thank you VERY MUCH! That's my second dedication ever - Lina, Halo, Legolas: Group hug! Come on! *hugs all of them* *lets go of them, then starts crying again*

And I can't hug my baby, because he's DEAD! Noooooooooo!

Oh, btw, something I noticed (right before everything became to blurry with tears): The timing is not right. Aragorn died (*sniff*) in the year 1541 of the Shire Reckoning, it was the year 120 of the Fourth Age. It's not really important, I just thought you'd probably like to know.

Thank you again for this great Christmas Present!

And don't forget "Call of Vengeance", okay?
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
WAAAAAAAAHHH! *SOB* My eyes literally teared up at this (yes I am OBVIOUSLY very sensitive when a hot Ranger dies and a hotter elf is feeling sad) Good story, though!
Rosalyn Angel chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
*STARE* ... *BOW*

First and foremost, I would like to say that you made me shed a single tear, all movie-like-looking and stuff. _ And it takes a good amount, not a lot, to make a cry. Let me elaborate. _

I didn't really feel sad toward the beginning, or the middle. Sure it was a sad story, but nothing really hit me until right when Legolas let go of Aragorn's hand and began to walk away. It had a sense of "goodbye, and farewell" more than any other part of the story, and that got me right there. It was then when Legolas was letting go and accepting the fact that Aragorn had indeed died, and that got me choked up.

Most people, I think, don't understand the true significance of a best friend. They think a lover's death, or a parent's or another's, is more saddening. I personally thinking having a best friend die is rather devestating, even more-so than a lover. Others might, and will, have a different view on that, but that's only my opinion. My friends are dear to me. _

So, I got choked right there. The image of my mind of Legolas walking away, leaving Aragorn's body and never to look back or see that smile again, made me cry a little. So, applaud much for you on that scene! ;;

After that scene, however, I got my spirits lifted. You gave a sense of hope at the end, and that made me smile; 'cause even though Aragorn is gone, the friendship is still there. _ I like how you didn't leave it on a depressing note, but people do eventually get over death and move on, with that person still with them. Nice ending, much so. *huggle*

Overall, it's a good story. But that one scene that made me choke up was what REALLY stood out to me. That's what made this story gorgeous.

Keep up the good work. _

-RA, out
Freelove chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
Ok this story did make me cry. It was sad. It was good. It was well written. I could feel the emotion in my own heart. I am sad now I think I have to read something happy.
Princess Tyler Briefs chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
EEEE! Halo this is sooooooooo sad! Poor Legolas! You know what you should do? Do a fic about when Legolas first met little Estel! That would be so cute! Like have the two talking about it and doing it in flashbacks. That would be sooooo neat! And I LOVE the song! And it's dedicated to me! *squeals and hugs* Thanks sooooooo much! GO HALO! YOU RULE!