Reviews for We Met in Hunsford
clover cat Klee chapter 8 . 1/8
Very interesting! Obviously a better beginning(and Lizzy having been made aware that there should be more to marriage than just potenitally fleeting love) make for a better courtship(if you wanna name the cannno events such xD)
Valerita07 chapter 9 . 12/2/2020
Que gran historia. Me atrapĆ³ de principio a fin por presentar un escenario tan diferente. Gracias.
Colleen S chapter 8 . 11/28/2020
That was great fun to read again! Please Be Safe!
Colleen S chapter 6 . 11/28/2020
Lizzie saved the day, so to speak, saving Lydia from an awful marriage to a complete cad!
Colleen S chapter 4 . 11/28/2020
Such an excellent story!
9nazarene chapter 7 . 11/27/2020
I feel lizzy forgave darcy and bingley too soon. Jane was her beloved soster and their actions hurt her, shd married now so theres not much that can be done. But i still ghink she wouldve been more angry with darcy and bingley (and his sisters)
9nazarene chapter 4 . 11/27/2020
I dont see why lizzy has a negative impression of wickham directing his attentions to a heiress. Wouldnt it be normal for men with little wealth to choose a wife who had a substantial amount of dowry? One reason why she wouldn't consider darcy as a suitor is because of her lack of dowry. So when a wealthy man who owns an estate and has 10 thousand a year, is expected to marry a women with a suitable dowry, no one should blame a soldier or call him a socail climber/gold digger if he wants to marry a heiress.
Lizzy thoughts towards wickham seem to be too prominent and I detect a bit of anger/resentment in them. Ofcourse wickham is a person after money but lizzy has no/little knowledge of it and its seems weird that she would find him directing his attentions towards a heiress as negative thing when it would be normal for men to consider the womens dowry. Also her thoughts towards bingley isnt as prominent as i would have imagined, she only says that he is a inconstant person and would not be a good husband. But she has no anger (atleast i perceived it that way) towards a man who deeply hurt her beloved sister.
Other then these 2 points the story is going great. English is my 3rd language and Im still an amature in it but the use of language in this story seems very similar to that of the og for me. I can see the characters use talk and have these conversations .
Colleen S chapter 1 . 11/6/2020
Love this story! Probably my 3rd read but always enjoyable!
JIM DOHERTY chapter 3 . 10/31/2020
Enjoying this quite a bit.

One small error in Chapter 3. While commissions in the Regular Army were purchased, militia commissions were not. Militia soldiers were conscripted via a lottery held in the county in which the militia regiment was raised.

Landowners and estate owners were given commissions commensurate with their level of wealth.

If a wealthy conscripted officer did not want to serve, he could pay someone to assume the commission for him. What is most likely is that Wickham was paid to take the commission, or that a commission was open by the death or other inability to serve on the part of the conscripted officer, and Wickham was a willing replacement.
Joan G. Brand chapter 1 . 11/2/2020
At least Elizabeth had a chance to make her life better. Unfortunately, the young man had a year to go before he could offer for her.
lubelle321 chapter 8 . 11/1/2020
this was a wonderful read! thank you so much for sharing the story
lubelle321 chapter 1 . 11/1/2020
so, you've described a perfectly likable character and I feel soo bad bc all I can think is "ugh. thats not Darcy"
Mmmm8888 chapter 8 . 10/3/2020
Cute story
heypolly chapter 8 . 4/14/2020
Nicely done... t banks for sharing!
ProfessorPedant chapter 8 . 1/17/2020
Fun story. Thanks for sharing.