Reviews for One Piece: Monster of the Straw Hat Pirates
Catchphrase YOHO chapter 82 . 6/20/2020
"Feel free to use it if you want." -Everyone

"The arrogance of man is think that nature is in their control, and not the other way around...Let them fight!"

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But, today is a gift. THAT is way it is called "present.""

"You cannot control them. Monsters can't be controlled!"

"Life found a way."

"You never had a friend like me!"

"Monsters exist"

"You cannot kill hope"

"Long live the king."

(Crow Cries)"How many more bones will you crush? How many more lives will you destroy in the pursuit of what you call "JUSTICE?!" You are the product of everything you fear: Violence. Darkness. Helplessness.
All that remains is for you to watch as I drag your "beloved" World Government into oblivion!"

"Kaiju or Titans, it doesn't matter what you call them. I know what they are. They are forces of nature, like and earthquake or a hurricane. They are nature's swords and shields. Whenever the balance is thrown into chaos, nature calls THEM to fix everything! And when the call is sound, they will answer, always. Without fear or hesitation, for they are her wraith.
But, they are not mindless, oh no. You see animals and monsters, but you are not looking at them. For I look in their eyes, and I see intelligence like that of a human. But more importantly, I see a soul in each one of them. We need them more then people know. If only humans could see such things. Instead, they are blinded by their fear, arrogance, greed, and pride.
However, humanity will soon learn of it's foolishness. May God have mercy on all."
Kombat Instinct chapter 82 . 6/20/2020
After seeing Gian and everyone rescue Robin, I kinda would like to see the same thing happen to Gian. I would love to see Robin and the whole crew be their for him in his hour of need. Be it, the World Government capture him to turn him into a weapon, or a cult of Bagan worshippers wanting to sacrifice Gian, or something involving Caesar Clown. I would love to see Robin move Heaven and earth if it means she can save the love of her live!
(Sniff)Just thinking about it gives me teary goosebumps.
Music Master chapter 82 . 6/20/2020
You really should see it. Abominable is so creative and amazing! There are two songs on there that would fit into this story really good: "Dreams" and "Beautiful Life".

Dreams is great because One Piece is all about adventure and the characters following and achieving their dreams.
And I feel like Beautiful Life really goes well with Gian and Robin and their pasts.
Vergil Leonidas chapter 1 . 6/20/2020
So… Long time no see?
All right, let me just say that I’ve reread the story and I kind of intend to write brief thoughts on each chapter, so I’ll just get through like a portion of chapters per review and eventually catch up. So, chapter 1. I was honestly surprised, I expected to be much more critical of it, given that I’m nearly five years older and you’ve improved a lot over that time. Yet it’s still a wonderful chapter. The way Gian’s powers awaken might be a bit cliché, but there’s a certain unrefined charm to it all. It could have used a bit more description, but overall I found myself enjoying the chapter

Chapter 2: Well this one was a bit of a mixed bag. Don’t get me wrong, it was good, but there are a few things that I’m not so fond of. Mainly there’s the idea of Shanks not knowing who Caesar is. There’s no reason for Shanks to pretend he doesn’t know him and it doesn’t make much sense for a pirate like Shanks to hear about him, if for no other reason than for Caesar’s connection to Vegapunk. One thing you had no control over is also Shanks being a Yonko, but that’s the flaw of writing for a story that isn’t finished. Still, I really did enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 3: Honestly, I could go into nitpicking, like there’s no point to not say it’s Gian that’s fighting lizards in the beginning, but it’s short so it doesn’t really matter. Gian’s custom boat was a bit of a problem though. It’s a cool idea, one I would have loved to see, but it feels useless. Yeah, it hammers in the idea that invention was a prototype, but unless you plan to have Franky or someone else make a new one it will feel like a missed opportunity. The last thing is the fact that no one in the world tried to force Goro to work for them. Surely someone would have heard about his inventions. Aside from that, it was fine.

Chapter 4: Eh, Gian is just there, but both you and I know how difficult it is to start this kind of story without at least a bit of a period where the OC just feels like he is there. It’s no longer the case, so it hardly matters and it’s not worth going back to fix. Still, a bit uneventful chapter.

Chapter 5: It’s better, mostly because the arcs in One Piece are generally set up followed by action and action is where we can shift things around the most without thinking too much about it. I do like the fight scene, though (and it might just be my memory being not all that great since I haven’t read the story in a while) there are things I don’t think are used again in the story. Like Gian’s nails growing sharper. And then there’s incomplete Partial Trasformation. Either way, it kind of felt like you were purposely holding the transformation back for a more badass moment which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I guess it’s worth mentioning.

Chapter 6: The same problem as chapter 4, I found myself skipping bits I knew wouldn’t be changed and went on to find scenes with Gian. The dynamic between the characters is nice, but that’s about everything this chapter had going for it.

Chapter 7: Here’s a thing, Luffy is free, Gian is right there as well. I really can’t find a reason for ChouChou’s store to be destroyed. Yes, the emotional impact is there, yes it’s a sad moment. But it didn’t need to happen. It doesn’t make sense that it happens. It shows the kind of character Gian is and his love for animals, but it’s still a tragedy that could have been avoided. And really, Gian could have freed Luffy sooner which would make things easier for them, so there’s that as well. It was still a good chapter, but those two things do stand out now that I’m looking at them from a different angle.

Chapter 8: I guess this might be a good time as any to mention Gian’s habit of breaking the fourth wall. It was a funny joke and I can appreciate it. Though I do understand why you eventually dropped it. Overall it was a solid chapter.

Chapter 9: Things kind of felt forced. A sudden burst of anger at Buggy, followed by Gian explaining his story to the crew later. Honestly, it would have made a bigger impact if the crew found out later and not in random conversation. Imagine the anger it would cause if the crew found out at Punk Hazard that there a man who not only used children as his experiments but also hurt their Nakama. It just felt like it could have been more. On the other hand, with more or less three arcs down I guess this is where I’ll stop for now. Overall it’s still a really good story, with a few things to nitpick at, sure, but when you consider everything it’s a hell of a good start. The only reason I could even think of pointing out flaws here and there is because I’ve come to expect better. You’re amazing and even here in chapter 9, you involved Gian more.

Yeah, it felt a bit forced, but he wasn’t passive. The story keeps getting better and I’m really happy to say that despite being an enormous story it doesn’t have some set amount of chapter a new reader would need to power through to the good part. It’s good right from the start.

See you next time.
nicorobinlove35 chapter 82 . 6/19/2020
I know that Gian and Robin are the main pairing, but I can't help it, they are so cute together!I feel the love growing between them! I really hope Gian puts Absalom in his place, for man-handling Robin.
I'm also very interested in seeing what horror monster that Moria will have Gian fight. Whatever/Whoever it is has to be on pair with Oars!
PIZZASAURUS REX chapter 82 . 6/19/2020
With Bagan in your story, will Gian have the power to turn into Super Godzilla when the time comes? Because that would be AWESOME!
Te Fiti Heart chapter 82 . 6/18/2020
So, Xenon is Kaido's "High Marshell". But, what are the positions for the other Kaiju-Zoan users in the Emperors' crews? Is Macaron, Big Mom's oldest child? What Division Commander number is Vecelli on Whitebeard's crew? And is Triton, Shank's second-in-command?
classicUSmonster chapter 82 . 6/18/2020
I can't wait for Brook and Moria!
I liked this chapter, but it feels like a shame that we didn't see what the Kaiju-Zones of the Supernovas are like and what they thought of Enies Lobby. Oh well, I can wait until we get to Sabaody.
Art Master 7 chapter 82 . 6/18/2020
If you are serious about it, you should let everyone know at the beginning of the next chapter. I'm very excited to see more.
SMASH UP chapter 82 . 6/18/2020
That might be a problem, Gian needs to fight smarter too. Not just use brute force, but use his head. Look at Kong for example, he maybe strong but he is also creative and resourceful in a fight.
The Question chapter 82 . 6/18/2020
I am very curious about what the Kaiju Zoan users of the Four Emperors think about Gian and what happened in Enies Lobby? I know Kaido doesn't care, but I am curious about what the others think about Gian, Godzilla, and Enies Lobby.
Story Artist chapter 82 . 6/18/2020
This was an amazing chapter! I really loved seeing all the OC characters of the 4 Emperors. Everyone is so unique. The Megalon girl was what scared me the most, with her rhyming. Very clever, unique, and scary.
I'm really excited to see Brook and what OC monster character that Moria will have for Gian.
dmarsh.rex.boy chapter 82 . 6/16/2020
Godzilla bows his head to no one, which the world government will learn soon.
PippinSqueaks chapter 82 . 6/16/2020
Absolutely LOVING this fic! Excited for the next chapter! ️
Ard M chapter 2 . 6/15/2020
uh how would you make him battle when he turn into godzila? too simple, too gigantic, very much restricted movements. his arms are small, tail too big, body proportion is not for athletic moves. and transforming while on ship at sea scream suicide for me. too easy to counter for me.

guess imma check on later chapters, hopefully not gonna disappointed.

#ant-man is better choice for me.
1,312 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »