Reviews for One Piece: Monster of the Straw Hat Pirates
pokemonking0924 chapter 21 . 6/16/2016
The whole spirit form of Gians full transformation behind him reminds me of something from Toriko
Looking forward to the battles ahead especially the giant monster fight
Shadowmwape chapter 21 . 6/16/2016
will gian gain metal arm so that way you can reference robo-godzilla
FourthWallBreaker chapter 21 . 6/16/2016
Definitely an interesting spin on things! I hope that Gian comes out of this all right!
Matt chapter 20 . 6/4/2016
How about having a Kaiju-zoan be in Whitebeard's crew and go to Alabasta with Ace looking for Blackbeard?
Vergil Leonidas chapter 20 . 6/4/2016
Amazing chapter. From the very beginning to the end.
The flashbacks the story progression you nailed everything. Especially with that conversation between Gian and Nojiko, seriously those are some amazing points you pointed out right there.
Thank you for answering the questions, I'm glad to hear that those two movies will be here.
Seeing the answer you gave to Zaralann I went and read his reviews, and here is what I have to say.
When writing a story that's following canon material no one forbids us to make changes, however there is one essential thing I believe a writer has to do. Know canon and respect it.

Go ahead and kill someone, that's completely fine as long as you can deal with it later on in the story. Go ahead and keep someone alive, once again if you can deal with it. But respect the canon, don't make Luffy act like he doesn't care about his nakama, or like he's crazy about women. Don't make Zoro cast away his pride for no reason. Don't make Sanji starve people. Don't make Usopp fearless, or Nami allergic to money. Don't make Chopper turn back on his patients, or Robin destroy the poneglyphs, or Franky wearing pants and not going 'SUPER', or Brook not playing music and forgetting about Laboon.
They are all established characters, if you don't respect the way they were meant to be then go ahead and write your own story with your own characters and make them act however you want them to.
It's fanfiction? Why of course it is, but that doesn't mean you can throw away every single established fact about the fiction you are writing for. If you still want to go and write about characters that are named like canon characters and are vaguely acting like they are in canon go ahead and put OOC and AU disclaimers.
Also there is a fine line that divides reasonable and bullshit. If KP360 went and changed every single thing, going left and right, killing enemies allies, and whatever you want to see here with only one single OC then that is a damn large pile of crap.
The amount of changes a writer can bring to the story is handicapped by how much you want to keep the story real and by the very number of OCs you are using.

And I went and ranted like hell. Sorry KP360, I just had to.
Zaralann chapter 20 . 6/4/2016
You misunderstood me, my problem being thwt you're literally rehashing Canon, word by word and action by action. Then you make Gian disappear so you wouldn't need to change thing. Him literally stealing thunder, and doing it badly to boot by simply doing the same thing as in Canon, just feels like a cheap way of trying to create an illusion of things being different.
It makes you look either lazy or incompetent.
Change things, screw Canon! It feels like you're taking your insparation from 'Luffy's Renewed Adventure' and taking it worst traits.
Kakusei chapter 20 . 6/3/2016
Ho shite, this was a heck of a chapter. I really do like how you helped make the additions seamless with what the story has, and how you're implementing even subtle changes. I cannot wait until the next chapter, and every one remaining for this arc.
Kakusei chapter 19 . 5/27/2016
Oh god, we're getting a Kaiju fight for this arc!? I can't wait! And if this is a precursor of things to come, then I am all for this coming back!
Zaralann chapter 19 . 5/27/2016
More crappy pointless OCs...
More forcing Canon to happen...
More lack of actual imagination and creativity...
More old and used up rehashing of Canon...
You know how to fail the readers, sir.
Zaralann chapter 18 . 5/27/2016
So... Your OC won't do shit again... Okay.
Matt chapter 19 . 5/26/2016
new villain introduced.
Vergil Leonidas chapter 19 . 5/26/2016
Quite an amazing chapter. I love the beginning scene with Gian and the other OCs you created. Furthermore Ebirah, though I'm not that familiar with entire concept of Godzilla movies, I have seen the pictures of it and I can already tell that you are going to write an amazing battle between it and Gian.
As for Q&A (damn I've been outran by a single chapter...) I do have a question. Well a few of them actually.
1. Will you do movies like Strong World, Film Z and such?
2. Since Gian has been shown to love animals will he get some cool pet?
3. I suppose you have at least a vague plan of the relationship between Gian and Straw Hats so I'm interested in short description of his and Chopper's relationship.
That's about it.
Lil'Manuel.G chapter 19 . 5/25/2016
Oh boy. They're gonna enjoy eating roasted Ebirah once Gian is finished with him lol
Calamari Inkantation chapter 19 . 5/25/2016
Will Gian use his full-Godzilla form in the future, and if so, will it be against the Kajii devil fruits? ((I am so excited for it really))
pokemonking0924 chapter 19 . 5/25/2016
That destroyed village that kidnapped Gian was a nice touch, hope they make a reappearance before the stawhats leave the island
I bet Gian will be crying a river, the blow his nose in a handkerchief, the hanky will be covered in snot and he'll offer it to the others thus grossing them out
1,311 | « Prev Page 1 .. 73 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 .. Last Next »