Reviews for The Sound of Heartbeats
Bad Wolf Jen chapter 21 . 9/16/2017
The master that you have in this story I could see turning into Missy. The women who only wants her friend back. I can't see the Master we got in the season finale turning into Missy.
tokidokiokidoki chapter 22 . 4/17/2016
I've read several fics that explore Rose being on the Valiant and her relationship with the Master, and this fic has some really interesting plot points and compelling interaction between Rose and the Master and the Doctor. This could be an excellent fic if you take care of minor (but frequent and distracting) spelling/grammar issues, simplify the BadWolf/dimensionhopping/time lady? plot (is it Bad Wolf giving her these powers? What are the abilities/limitations and keep them consistent), and tweak a little of the OOC moments for Rose and the Doctor. All three characters were quite blase about the Doctor and Rose communicating telepathically, and wouldn't the Master feel threatened and angry about that and keep them apart as opposed to whining and feeling left out and letting them continue? Also Rose wouldn't give the Doctor the silent treatment and ignore him (yes maybe on the Tardis) but not while being imprisoned by the Master. Thank you for your story.
IridescentStars chapter 22 . 2/2/2016
Noooooo, why? Why did he have to die? I really wanted him to stay alive. Poor Master.
inupuppy1596 chapter 22 . 1/24/2016
Great story! :) It had me in tears.
Become's one with the story chapter 22 . 1/23/2016
Heartbreaking but we'll written. The masters death still hits all the right notes to make you feel that despair and anguish. Thanks for the story.

Later

Hope
iRuby chapter 22 . 1/17/2016
Oh, that broke my heart :( I really like the Master - both in the series and your story. Wish he got his happy ending... I liked his speech about love making you sacrifice yourself, considering how he was ready to stay behind and die when he was professor Yana so that humankind could fly to Utopia, and then when he sacrificed himself to save the Doctor's life in The End of Time or how in the 9th season Missy followed the Doctor into a certain trap by the Daleks so that he wouldn't have to face Davros alone... Poor Master:( hope we'll get to see him/her again in season 10!

Your story is very good, but it would make a world of difference if you have it checked for spelling mistakes - there are way too many, which is a shame, since the story itself is more than worth reading!

Good luck with your original novel and the sequel if you decide to write it!
Guest chapter 21 . 1/14/2016
I'm sad because you give me hope, I was obsessed by that fanfiction and now ... It's not the end I wanted, I don't like the end (I'm not in rose/doctor even if it s official ) BUT it's a really great story, I will be happy to read an other fanfiction from you.
mystrye chapter 22 . 1/15/2016
I enjoyed this a lot. It didn't end up going where I thought you might take it. I'm sad the Master died after all that but I understand why you kept that. If you write a sequel I will look forward to reading it.!
AmeliaJane14 chapter 21 . 1/14/2016
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is honestly I'm thinking right now
Bad Wolf Jen chapter 21 . 1/14/2016
I cryed. Great job
BelindaDuvessa chapter 21 . 1/14/2016
I love redeemed Master and I'm sad to see you won't be bringing him back.
Dreamcatcher56 chapter 21 . 1/14/2016
I don't hate you...you wrote the characters brilliantly and of course I would have loved to have seen the Master saved but it doesn't change my view on the story...well done.
RazieLynn chapter 20 . 1/12/2016
Oh god your going to break my heart. I have never had another story root for the Master, but this one sure has.
Bad Wolf Jen chapter 20 . 1/12/2016
I lovw what your dour doing with this story. just wish it could go on forever. I hope your planning on doing a sequel or two.
WOW chapter 19 . 1/10/2016
This is so fabulous and I love how Rose is so conflicted. I feel like the Master isn't just going to roll over when it comes to Rose though. OMG I can't wait to see how the Doctor reacts to these developments!